What's new

"Forced to hang my head in shame": Former Navy chief writes open letter to President Mukherjee, PM M

When I was talking about the difference between secular and pseudo-secular, I was referring to your use of it in the phrase, "we are just countering the ideas that you represent, the pseudo secular, conveniently liberal intelligentsia that you represent.

Source: "Forced to hang my head in shame": Former Navy chief writes open letter to President Mukherjee, PM M | Page 20
".

Those are emphatically not the ideas I represent.

In your anxiety to settle scores with the Congress and similarly minded manipulators of religious differences, you have not bothered to figure out that a Congress-hating person would not have much interest in "representing" the Congress.

Right, explicit enough.

Point to a single paragraph, a single phrase where I have supported Taslima Nasreen's victimisation - even within the last fortnight, I used that as an example of intolerance - or the banning of the Da Vince Code (I did not even know the book was banned) .

Would you mind explaining why, without understanding my position at all, you coolly assume it to be something that you have seen elsewhere, and start attacking me on that basis? Who gave you the right to put ideas into my mind that were never there, to put words and expressions into my mouth that I never uttered?

It is precisely this kind of careless, sloppy reading that I deplore, and will continue to deplore. If you cannot take the trouble to figure out what I have said, and that leads to your making attacks on me which are totally not justified, would I be justified in calling you out on that?

Can we make it simple? I'll do it by numbers:
  1. I am not the media;
  2. Don't split your infinitives.

Great, terrific, good for the right wingers in question, whoever "represents" them. How does that virtuous position have anything to do with my views, and what you made gross mistakes in figuring out, and thereafter attacked without understanding it?

Not in one place, but in dozens, I have criticised every religion, including Islam.

Is it then my fault that you have carelessly overlooked those, and think, wrongly, that I am solely anti-Hindu?

Yes, I am an Indian. Yes, I understand Indian society very well, better than any outsider, better than many insiders.

I AM NOT IN THE BUSINESS OF LEAVING INDIAN SOCIETY AND ITS RESIDENTS ALONE.

I believe that it is urgently necessary for Indian society, and for Indians who are typical members of that society, and of those thought processes and social positions, to change. Not TOWARDS a racial stereotype from another society, but towards an ideal of enlightenment and progressive thinking.

Why should I think in a negative way and let the sludge remain?

Your assessment of my views and my position are disastrously wrong, badly mistaken. Do you at least understand this? Do you get that I am not the left leaning Indian intellectual stereotype that you have been apparently looking for?

Where, when and how did I, Joe Shearer, do this?

Get real. You are fighting someone else, and putting my name in front.

Has it dawned on you yet that you have been talking utter rubbish, mischievous rubbish, about views of mine which are non-existent?

This is amazing.

Where did you get me participating in this hysteria?

Second, that is not because I believe that this weird conspiracy theory of yours, about American right wing and "their" Church (as if there is a single church that all Americans belong to) being behind pressure on the government of India. I don't believe conspiracy theories unless there is a thread of evidence.

Excuse me for refusing to belong to either side on this preposterous issue.

And which party have you selected for me? Did you even check this thread, where someone asked me which party I supported? Why don't you take a look? I agree finding out how wrong you are might make you cringe, but then, what is to be done?

Again, what ideology have you selected for me?

When and where did you get that? Facts please, not your confused false impressions.

Modern? What's modern about libel? You are not a modern right winger, whatever that self-glorifying epithet might mean. You are just a sad, confused being who has just been guilty of libel (look it up).

LOL.

Did no one tell you about the birds and bees? Or about the difference between left and liberal?

Of course not!

You imagine me saying things I didn't, thinking things I didn't, belonging to a party that I haven't, owning an ideology that you have identified for me, and then, after all these manipulations, you think that your mistakes can be covered by adding that stock phrase which is so meaningless?

My bad for using the phrase" You and people like you". As I said earlier, these comments might be directed at you but are meant for the leftists in general. I haven't had many interactions with you, but I do follow your posts and from what I have observed you sit pretty left of the ideological divide. Communits, Congressis, they are all the same for me. Not everything might be applicable to you personally, but a lot of them are.

The fact that you defend these sorta articles, and challenge people like @ranjeet who dare to question the integrity of the writers and their agenda shows that you back this media campaign, this hysteria that is being manufactured to malign India and its current government.

This is how you, you personally are adding to this hysteria. This is just one example but it will give you an idea about where am coming from. I recall reading many similar posts from you, on totally irrelevant threads, in the past few days. I just can't be asked digging them out right now.

upload_2015-10-26_18-38-12.png

The concerns you raise are genuine and legitimate, and the concerns we raise are nothing but conspiracy theories. How does one even debate with such stubborn line of thought.

A 14 year old hindu girl was kidnapped, raped for over 2 months and then converted to Islam. No media channel had the balls to report about it on main stream media. On top of that we have politicians and media people suggesting that the girl eloped and married a 35 year old man. who raised voice for her?
Can you share the source of that incident?

My bad for using the phrase" You and people like you". As I said earlier, these comments might be directed at you but are meant for the leftists in general. I haven't had many interactions with you, but I do follow your posts and from what I have observed you sit pretty left of the ideological divide. Communits, Congressis, they are all the same for me. Not everything might be applicable to you personally, but a lot of them are.

The fact that you defend these sorta articles, and challenge people like @ranjeet who dare to question the integrity of the writers and their agenda shows that you back this media campaign, this hysteria that is being manufactured to malign India and its current government.

This is how you, you personally are adding to this hysteria. This is just one example but it will give you an idea about where am coming from. I recall reading many similar posts from you, on totally irrelevant threads, in the past few days. I just can't be asked digging them out right now.

View attachment 267330

The concerns you raise are genuine and legitimate, and the concerns we raise are nothing but conspiracy theories. How does one even debate with such stubborn line of thought.

I have answered you in full detail, @Roybot . I am not a post office, so it is pretty pointless, even bizarre, to direct posts at me meant for what you define as 'leftists in general'. And , specifically, since you steadfastly refuse to see for yourself what I have recorded about my political affiliations, I am neither a Congress nor a Communist supporter.

I hope you will agree that what you did was sloppy and lazy?

Second, with regard to backing media campaigns, it is difficult to figure out who is sitting and designing these campaigns. Is there a Modi Central organising committee responsible for coordinating anti-Modi stuff? The silliness of this supposition apart, to assume that I am part of a campaign merely because I agree with an individual post - even with a series of posts - is surely to assume too much? Or is that legitimate targeting in modern right-winger practice?

Every single one of your assumptions has been shown to be wrong, you persist, and you have the effrontery to say that the contrast between us is that I assume that my concerns are genuine and legitimate, and your (collective) concerns are nothing but conspiracy theories. To this, my suggestion is that you look at the contrast in reasoning. Nothing more, nothing less.

View attachment 267330

Mistake No. 1 .... you have fed the leftist with attention...... Prepare to get suckered and lose valuable time etc.

Mistake No. 1 .... you have fed the leftist with attention...... Prepare to get suckered and lose valuable time etc.

LOL.

Impertinence personified.

Have you considered the possibility that I might crave your inattention? Do you think there is any please in ploughing through badly written, badly argued bluster?

Khap panchayats have been doing their business since time immemorial. Hindu muslim riots are happening for last 150 yrs. Intolerance was weaved into our eco system by many but, NDA has to take all and Modi has to answer everything.

What a time we are living in.

Why couldnt we be like other nations and chose to be different? because some one started non alignment and everything then followed. We are a bluddy martian race.

:lol::lol:
The rapists are gonna get away scot-free. I guarantee it
Sickularist patronage..... Btw victimization of Hindus or anyone else from the hands of green followers is not worth discussing. Its against the Sickularist idea of India....

Sickularist patronage..... Btw victimization of Hindus or anyone else from the hands of green followers is not worth discussing. Its against the Sickularist idea of India....

says who?

She's missing, that's what the newspaper says.

sickular breed?
Do you think I'll not raise my voice against it?
Dear you might have missed the part
"Subhash Mandal objected to the conditions imposed by his daughter’s tormentors. They told him he would get to see his daughter again only if he “withdrew the complaint and would not get the girl medically examined”. He says the goons promised to help him financially with his daughter’s marriage. He says he felt helpless and scared, so he “agreed to their proposal and signed the papers”. Tuktuki was handed over to her father. Later his wife told him that Tuktuki had been “repeatedly raped”.

The last sentence of my previous post was not aimed at you ....

Dear you might have missed the part
"Subhash Mandal objected to the conditions imposed by his daughter’s tormentors. They told him he would get to see his daughter again only if he “withdrew the complaint and would not get the girl medically examined”. He says the goons promised to help him financially with his daughter’s marriage. He says he felt helpless and scared, so he “agreed to their proposal and signed the papers”. Tuktuki was handed over to her father. Later his wife told him that Tuktuki had been “repeatedly raped”.
yes I did missed it.
I do not read such articles in great details.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom