What's new

for you chinese members

amidamaru

Reaction score
I am curious about a chinese dish .. not sure on spelling.. but it was called chap choi??

do you know this?? and do any of you happen to have recipe.. this was one of my favourtie dishes my asians workmates used to cook for me

Are you talking about Chap Chae? Its a Korean dish not Chinese.

@ OP

Sir create such threads only in Member Club. Already moved one of your thread couple of minutes ago

Hmmm........:smitten:
Chap Choy
3362983992_9d8b2d55a4.jpg

We dont eat those dishes dudes!

I would like to introduce to you guys better dishes.

Fried chicken in oyster and black currant sauce:

Last edited by a moderator:
Gong Bao ( or Kung Pao) chicken dices ( Hot and spicy)!

Even I know Chap Choi. It's quite a popular Chinese dish here in Holland.

May be it is popular overseas. It is a derivative by overseas resident Chinese cooks!

But mainstream upscale Chinese restuarants dont serve this!

Gong Bao ( or Kung Pao) chicken dices ( Hot and spicy)!

haha nice... the rock (dwayne johnson) like kung pao chicken lol

i have never tried it before

but most chinese food is awesome, it, and gung fu are the bet things about china

May be it is popular overseas. It is a derivative by overseas resident Chinese cooks!

my friend i worked with, was chinese/cambodian.. he used to cook it... so did a few other people.. i have never seen it at any resturant... although to soup i have had similar in thailand

You're right, it's more of an overseas dish. :tup:

He's talking about "雜菜". I think the English name (chap choy) came from either Hokkien or Cantonese, since it sounds like both.

It is common in overseas Chinese communities in Southeast Asia, like in Malaysia.

This is a crazily popular, good value and delicous dish which is served all over the world's Chinese restaurants:

Pine apple slices with Sweet and Sour Pork! Dont miss it!

You have an array of great dishes to introduce to our members on PDF, do you CD?

Hahaha, that is Yan Can Cook. You know he was born in Guangdong, but he grew up in Hong Kong? :woot:

All I need is Hong Kong-style roast duck. :welcome:

roast-duck-small.jpg

Yan is famous everywhere in China. He was featured in some Chinese talk shows !

Yeah! the roast duck is yummy! Food from heaven!

yes that is it chap coy i think

it is like this.. but when i had it, it was in soup.. it doesnt look exactly like it tho

P1020608.JPG

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom