What's new

for fun what is ....

Mootaz-khelifi

Reaction score
Country
Tunisia
What is your favorite fast food me Mlawi tuna sandwich
its a special sandwich use these Mlawi braid with Hrissa ( hot chili souce ) with omelette and tuna
Mlawi-pain-tunisien.jpg

For fun what is...???? is that the name of this thread! Wheres the fun???

tunisian yoyo ( donuts )
SERVINGS

2 dozen scale / convert

INGREDIENTS

3 eggs
1/4 cup oil
1/4 cup orange juice
2 tbsp. finely chopped fresh coconut
1/4 cup sugar
2-1/2 cups flour
1-1/2 tsp. baking soda

Syrup
1 cup sugar
2 cups water
2 tbsp. lemon juice
1 cup honey
2 cups oil
INSTRUCTIONS

Place eggs, 1/4 cup oil, orange juice, 1 tablespoon of the coconut, and 1/4 cup sugar in a blender; blend until smooth.

Transfer to a bowl; then sift in flour and baking soda. Knead until the mixture is a soft dough, adding a little water if necessary. Cover bowl; then set aside to rest for at least 1 hour.

In the meantime make syrup; place 1 cup of sugar, water, and lemon juice in a saucepan. Stirring constantly, boil over high heat until sugar dissolves. Reduce heat to low; then add honey and the remaining 1 tablespoon of coconut. Simmer for 10 minutes; then turn heat to very low to keep the syrup warm.

Place 2 cups oil in a small saucepan and heat until oil is moderately hot.

Form dough into walnut-size balls; then flatten slightly. Hold a flattened ball in palm of one hand and punch a hole through center with floured index finger of other hand. Deep fry, a few at a time, for about 4 minutes, turning them over with a slotted spoon until they turn golden brown on both sides. Transfer to paper towels. to drain. With tongs, pick up the yo-yos and dip into warm syrup. Serve at once.

CHEF COMMENTS

Makes approximately 2 dozen small doughnuts.

Yo-yos are no doubt an adaptation of the western doughnut but the Tunisians have added a touch of their own to give it a North African character. Sold in little stalls in Tunisian cities, these donuts are enjoyed by people thronging the streets.

Last edited by a moderator:
There's just too many things out there. In another thread about street food, I professed my love for Halal kebabs and kafta. Other things I love are pho or even bun rieu and bun bo hue, Beijing roast duck, bouillabaisse, BBQ( especially the pulled pork sandwich) and German brats and beer.

kebab
kebab.jpg

pho and bun rieu
pho-soup_shesspicy.jpg

ff0e36c02773dd30af88ec5229210606.jpg

Beijing roast duck
peking_duck.jpg

Bouillabaisse
tumblr_lqotnuZkgG1qdrwn6o1_400.jpg

Pulled Pork Sandwich
Pulled-Pork-Sandwich.jpg

Brats