What's new

FIR lodged for 'dishonouring' Priest King at Mohenjo Daro

Comeon that's common knowledge now the whole world believes it, search for Rakhigarhi findings, discussed many times before
Soooo, are you a dravidian? Tharis in Sindh are, they can be called descendants, but not the people of current Sindh

Lol. muslim rulers are always the most useless historically. no wonder the brits had their away with you left and right. India is basically an aryan civilization. Moving away from Aryan roots has always created weakness (like you for instance). India will be recliamed by the culture of this land.

Soooo, are you a dravidian? Tharis in Sindh are, they can be called descendants, but not the people of current Sindh
What's aryan dravidian? We all are mixed, we all have components in varied proportions, it's part of our heritage

What's aryan dravidian? We all are mixed, we all have components in varied proportions, it's part of our heritage
well the study, you pointed to, simply states that the dna is closer to those of dravidians and south indians, if you are a dravidian, you can claim descent from IVC people. if not, then it is just another attempt to associate yourself with some grand thing older than you or your people.

well the study you points to simply states that the dna is closer to those of dravidians and south indians, if you are a dravidian, you can claim descent from IVC people. if not, then it is just another attempt to associate yourself with some grand thing older than you or your people.
That's baseless propaganda, dravidian/ASI you mention is just a component, we all have it, same for aryan component/ANI we all have it from north to south. Yes most dravidian language is with south India but languages evolve and change doesn't change our heritage.

That's baseless propaganda, dravidian/ASI you mention is just a component, we all have it, same for aryan component/ANI we all have it from north to south. Yes most dravidian language is with south India but languages evolve and change doesn't change our heritage.
ok, like i said, this is just a sad and desperate attempt to link yourself to something great.

About time BD transferred suc assets to ASI too, we can't risk the subcontinental assets under vague and possibly incompetent hands.

Yeah why not, while we're at it shall I hand you over our family business and keys to my house too? My ancient family wuz Hindu maybe.

Yeah why not, while we're at it shall I hand you over our family business and keys to my house too? My ancient family wuz Hindu maybe.

Typical narrow minded thinking. The country with the biggest resources and knowhow can do a better job than one without. Besides, what if some nut decides to blow it up like the Bamian Budha?

There's no maybe though, your ancestors were most definitely hindu if you are from bengal region, then at one point maybe Buddhist and finally Muslim.

Some astute individual has clearly lodged this FIR to highlight the absurdity of the blasphemy law.

And the fact we are all talking about everything except the blasphemy law, means he has missed the mark!

Cursing a statue? LOL, they could have done better than this.
Well it's not an insult to Hinduism. The statue seems to belong to buddhism.

I don't think the Indus Valley Civilization has anything to do with Hinduism.
Yes and No. The kind of hinduism practiced in the Indus valley was very different than the hinduism practiced today. Hinduism has changed a lot over time and the vedas was only written down in 1490. The hinduism in the indus river valley was more like the religion of the kalash with borrowed gods from Greek mythology like Atlas, Poseidon and Dionisius.
These statues are our cultural heritage and should not be disrespected. Idols should only be destroyed once people start worshiping them. Mullah Omar destroyed the buddha because people wanted to spend money to maintain the statue rather than use it to feed starving people. Sacrificing money to maintain an idol that could better be used elsewhere is a form of worship.

Last edited:
the vedas was only written down in 1490.

OK, I didn't know that.

The hinduism in the indus river valley was more like the religion of the kalash with borrowed gods from Greek mythology like Atlas, Poseidon and Dionisius.

Aren't the Kalash the descendants of Alexander's people ?

The kind of hinduism practiced in the Indus valley was very different than the hinduism practiced today.

But my point is that Hinduism must have come from Iranic lands a lot later than whatever culture was in IVC. Hindutvadis point to IVC artifacts and liken them to current Hindu beliefs / artifacts and say "Oh look, same same, Great Hindu 5000-year-old culture". I don't think Hinduism is 5000 years old.

These statues are our cultural heritage and should not be disrespected. Idols should only be destroyed once people start worshiping them.

Agreed.

Mullah Omar destroyed the buddha because people wanted to spend money to maintain the statue rather than use it to feed starving people. Sacrificing money to maintain an idol that could better be used elsewhere is a form of worship.

I don't think Mullah Omar and the Taliban were / are are that idealistic. They are no intellectuals wanting the progressive welfare of Afghans. I quote from a thread of mine :
KABUL: The last thing 33-year-old Khatera saw were the three men on a motorcycle who attacked her just after she left her job at a police station in Afghanistan's central Ghazni province, shooting at her and stabbing her with a knife in the eyes.

Waking up in hospital, everything was dark.

"I asked the doctors, why I can't see anything? They told me that my eyes are still bandaged because of the wounds. But at that moment, I knew my eyes had been taken from me," she said.

She and local authorities blame the attack on Taliban militants - who deny involvement – and say the assailants acted on a tip-off from her father who vehemently opposed her working outside the home.

For Khatera, the attack caused not just the loss of her sight but the loss of a dream she had battled to achieve - to have an independent career. She joined the Ghazni police as an officer in its crime branch a few months ago.

Back
Top Bottom