Female teachers being given weapons training in Peshawar

Jazzbot

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Female teachers being given weapons training in Peshawar

257791_48249746.jpg

PESHAWAR (Web Desk) – A month after terrorist attack on a military-run school in Peshawar, authorities have commenced special gun training sessions for female teachers in the city, Dunya News reported on Tuesday.

Initially, eight teachers of Frontier College were given firearms training at Peshawar Police Line. The basic training emphasised how teachers should use the gun, as well as taking cover, before trying to shoot.

The theory is that if attackers target a school, they will face an armed response rather than classrooms full of defenceless staff and children.

Some teachers have expressed confidence and said that weapons training will help them protect their students.

The decision to train teachers was announced by the Inspector General of Kyber Pakhtunkhwa after the provincial government permitted them to keep weapons at the educational institutes.

Security of schools has been beefed up after December 16 attack on Army Public School, that claimed lives of nearly 150 people, most of them children. Elevated boundary walls with steel wire fencing have also been put in place in schools across the country.

Female teachers being given weapons training in Peshawar | Pakistan | Dunya News

Earlier:

KPK Govt allows teachers, staff to carry arms into schools
Will "go down fighting" if the Taliban attack our schools

@airmarshal @Leader @Norwegian @pkuser2k12 @chauvunist @RescueRanger @Jango @Bratva @Crypto @Pukhtoon @waleed3601 @razahassan1997 @janbaaz @rockstar08 @Patriots @batmannow @A.Rafay @ajpirzada @Akheilos @Areesh @AUz @AZADPAKISTAN2009 @Counter-Errorist @Dr. Stranglove @graphican @HRK @Jzaib @Khalidr @mr42O @Pakistani shaheens @TankMan @Zarvan @WishLivePak @Jf Thunder

So when can every citizen start carrying arms, since police has failed to prevent attacks against civilians just as the school children?

We should also have nukes in our backyards. Maybe some other explosion stuff too. Police can't protect us, so....

Congrats To Potians For Naya KPK :rofl:

What's up with this bullcr@p? There are thousands of schools in entire KPK, the govt can't provide security to all of these schools. Infact no provincial govt in Pakistan can do that.

Even though I myself am not so comfortable with this decision to armed teachers. But what options do we have? We are forced to resort to these options because our enemy has dropped to this low. So its better to take whatever necessary steps available then to be sorry.

And its not funny thing to laugh at, this step is taken after a blood bath of 141 innocent kids. Show some respect.

Last edited:
So when can every citizen start carrying arms, since police has failed to prevent attacks against civilians just as the school children?

We should also have nukes in our backyards. Maybe some other explosion stuff too. Police can't protect us, so....

Aren't you taking things too far out of perspective? Maybe your sheer hatred towards PTI or KPK govt is forcing you to do so?

should issue them a .45 pistol and a PDW like a P90

What's up with this bullcr@p? There are thousands of schools in entire KPK, the govt can't provide security to all of these schools. Infact no provincial govt in Pakistan can do that.

Even though I myself am not so comfortable with this decision to arm teachers. But what options do we have? We are forced to resort to these options because our enemy has dropped to this low. So its better to take whatever necessary steps available then to be sorry.

And its not funny thing to laugh at, this step is taken after a blood bath of 141 innocent kids. Show some respect.
There are millions of schools in Pakistan and billions in the world.

How many have armed teachers teachings a class?

Are we to accept that pakistan is a failed nation? Or KPK is a failed province?

When state or province cannot provide security to its citizens, does it any longer have authority to govern it? Security is the main goal of the gov't, it comes before health and education. This is why many countries have greater defense budget than for health or education, unless I'm wrong.

There are millions of schools in Pakistan and billions in the world.

How many have armed teachers teachings a class?

Are we to accept that pakistan is a failed nation? Or KPK is a failed province?

When state or province cannot provide security to its citizens, does it any longer have authority to govern it? Security is the main goal of the gov't, it comes before health and education. This is why many countries have greater defense budget than for health or education, unless I'm wrong.

As I've said before, its not ideal to have teachers carrying guns. But we are forced to improvise since our enemy has dropped themselves to this low. What is harm if the teachers are being trained and allowed to carry guns for the time being?

And you asked Which teachers carry guns, here is the video for you again.

Now cheers, this isn't a permanent solution, but a good one for the time being. Other steps are also being taken, I'm sure there will be more steps to ensure security of schools.

Aren't you taking things too far out of perspective? Maybe your sheer hatred towards PTI or KPK govt is forcing you to do so?
Oh so we gonna find every small place to justify the actions?

Americas problem is manymentally ill people, who are not predictable. Not to mention, only few states allow such a thing, very few. Whereas pakistan has terrorists. It's easy to tell who is a terrorist than a mentally ill person. Another problem is, what if kid steals gun from teacher or the teacher go mental.

Nonetheless, even in Dakota or very few other states that allow guns, it doesn't mean I support this. It's easier to hire a police officer for day time who comes occasionly, which is what my school did. He managed criminal activity on school as well as protect it. Problem is, these officers cost 60k a year minimum, or Pakistani 60,00,000 rupees.

Which is what pakistan can do as well, since it is very cheap. Probably costs 1 or 2 lake a year to hire a guard.

If Punjab, Baluch or sindh did it, it's also be their failure to protect.

What's next, after PIA hijackings, air hostesses and pilots will walk around with ak47 on shoulders? Or pistols? Or airports' janitors will have guns? Bus driver and money collector will have gun.

Let's not forget that the American teachers will face strict security clearance before being allowed to enter school full of children and with guns. They'll also need to place gun in secure place. They'll also be careful with it, risking losing their job or end up in jail.

Can the same be said about Pakistan? Will terrorists not try to infaltrate a school with teacher, or school teachers being careless or getting guns without proper clearance?

Last edited:
terrorist have the advantage of surprise and terror.
it's a lose lose situation for Pakistan either way.

How does it help? These morons are well trained, with better arms and most importantly ready to die........ What those poor teachers can do with their pistols? I see this as a symbolic action.....

Back
Top Bottom