What's new

"Fear of a Chinese Planet"

Heh this is funny. You consider foreign born asians of Chinese descent Chinese nationals?

I know a couple. They know no Chinese, are purely Western, and their loyalties lie completely with the country they're born in. Not to mention they were not born in China.

Race != nationality.

No, he considers overseas Chinese descendents Chinese, racial and cultural-wise, which is largely correct in almost any context.

Some non-representative individual examples you raised mean nothing.

"Race=nationality" is a non politically correct concept, but it's more ideal and natural.

Do you really think that realtively more indigenous white Canadians at their dinner tables will consider you as a Canadian instead of an Indian? :lol: You are what your DNA decides whom you are, not some piece of paper.

In USA, Chinese-Americans are not considered real Americans.
In Foreign countries , local Chinese are considered foreigners.

Only China recognizes Overseas Chinese as Chinese.

What most foreigners cant understand about America, we are almost all from some where else. What gives me a culture shock in traveling to other countries is that almost everyone is all alike.

In the USA we are all, Irish Americans, Hispanic Americans, polish americans, chinese americans, asian americans, Iranian Americans, russian american, Portgues american,italian americans it seems like most people speak with an accent,, least so many speak with an accent that it seems so common you dont even notice.

Most americans cant tell the differance or really cares between Japnese, Chineses, Korean nor can they tell the differance or care between Pakistanis, Indians,muslems or non muslems.

I dont expect any Chinese American or Asian american to be any less american then any other people in America....

I kind of doubt if you are really going to understand what all that means. Wish I could say it better, but I like it this way.

I never claim racial superiority, I just claimed that Tibetans have same DNA as Chinese, different DNA from India which is TRUE. As an argument on why India should have no claim on Tibetans.

Then what does DNA have to do with anything. By your logic, European and Middleastern countries has more legitimate claim on Xinjiang than China as shown on your DNA map.

Or, perhaps I was issuing a counter example to Chinaownseverything by showing one example of foreign born Chinese who do not consider themselves Chinese nationals or even Chinese. Given of course, that I quoted him, and he was talking in the context of nationality ;). Where is your outrage against him, who assumed that all foreign born Chinese represent Chinese national interest rather than their home country?

Perhaps you need to learn the meaning of context :china:

Did you read what I said
Oh and since you're new here, I'll tell you now Chinaownseverything is the china defence resident troll

We don't feed the troll

This's the problem of immigration, especially when one immigrates from China, a country with an ultra long history and strong cultural/racial identity, to lands which are described as multi-culti melting pots.

Of course there're extreme cases where Chinese (racially) who do not consider themselves Chinese ( in whatever sense) anymore after immigration (one or multi -generations).

A more representative case however is that most Chines immigrants will consider themselves Chinese, racially and culturally, no matter which passports they hold for however long period, but only non-Chinese legalitywise from nationality pov. Even in this case, many south-east Asain overseas Chinese I know, Malaysians in particular, strongly indentify themselves as Chinese (almost in sense of nationality) living overseas in spite of multi-generations.

Many countries in the world have dual nationality practice to solve the dilemma of which county, ancestral or host one, a non indigenous immigrant is loyal to. In fact most of them are loyal to both.

China should therefore allow overseas Chinese to apply for dual nationality.

Correct, I am proud to be a Canadian and I love both countries

Then what does DNA have to do with anything. By your logic, European and Middleastern countries has more legitimate claim on Xinjiang than China as shown on your DNA map.

While European component may be as significant as Chinese component the Chinese have historical claims to the land.

As for Tibet China has both genetic and historical claims similarly to Xinijiang

While European component may be as significant as Chinese component the Chinese have historical claims to the land.

As for Tibet China has both genetic and historical claims similarly to Xinijiang

So does everyone else in central Asia which they share much similar DNA components. What do you think Xinjiang was before the Qing Dynasty which I don't even consider as Chinese since they are Manchurian.

Europoid tribes in historical Xinjiang were not native either, they were foreigners who immigrated into this land, then mixed with the native mongoloid inhabitants.

Today's Uyghurs were mixed of Europid like Celtic Tocharians and Iranic Scythians and Turkic Mongoloid who weren't the native of Xinjiang either.

Europoid tribes in historical Xinjiang were not native either, they were foreigners who immigrated into this land, then mixed with the native mongoloid inhabitants.

Today's Uyghurs were mixed of Europid like Celtic Tocharians and Iranic Scythians and Turkic Mongoloid who weren't the native of Xinjiang either.

My point here is using DNA as claim for any territory is very senseless.

No, he considers overseas Chinese descendents Chinese, racial and cultural-wise, which is largely correct in almost any context.

Except for this context talking about the rise of China and the China "threat." He was clearly talking about nationality, not culture, race or upbringing. Besides if this guy is a "known troll" and you consider him correct then you must have some problems.

You are what your DNA decides whom you are, not some piece of paper.

More like you and I are who we decide we are. Playing the DNA card is wrong, since scientists have already declared that DNA has nothing to do with race and that race as a concept scientifically does not exist. This was not done because they are politically correct, but because of the scientific definition of species.

I understand what you're trying to say. Accept who you are. But you do a piss poor job of making that point. For Canada and Chinese Canadians it is a special case, because as Pierre Trudeau said Canada "doesn't have a culture." Canada has embraced multiculturalism so if I'm Indian and I sit down at a table, yes I would be treated as an Indian. Canadian culture is mostly a mix of all cultures.

But for any other country that prides itself on melting pot such as USA, if I'm Bobby Jindal and I sit down at a table I expect to be treated as American. It's not just being PC but understanding what it means to be part of a country. How ridiculous that you consider nationality as a "piece of paper" -- it is far more than that :china:

Except for this context talking about the rise of China and the China "threat." He was clearly talking about nationality, not culture, race or upbringing. Besides if this guy is a "known troll" and you consider him correct then you must have some problems.

More like you and I are who we decide we are. Playing the DNA card is wrong, since scientists have already declared that DNA has nothing to do with race and that race as a concept scientifically does not exist. This was not done because they are politically correct, but because of the scientific definition of species.

I understand what you're trying to say. Accept who you are. But you do a piss poor job of making that point. For Canada and Chinese Canadians it is a special case, because as Pierre Trudeau said Canada "doesn't have a culture." Canada has embraced multiculturalism so if I'm Indian and I sit down at a table, yes I would be treated as an Indian. Canadian culture is mostly a mix of all cultures.

But for any other country that prides itself on melting pot such as USA, if I'm Bobby Jindal and I sit down at a table I expect to be treated as American. It's not just being PC but understanding what it means to be part of a country. How ridiculous that you consider nationality as a "piece of paper" -- it is far more than that :china:

Pure of fantasy, race does matter. Are you a visible minority in Canada? If yes, then I suggest you should visit stormfrong.org, then don't be surprised that your good ole neighbours, colleagues, teachers are the regular members of that website.

The preservation of white race does matter in any Western Country. If your skin is not white, then you are always a second class citizen no matter how hard you try to be American or Canadian. Don't try to deny the reality.

What's wrong that most oversea Chinese are loyal to their motherland?

Pure of fantasy, race does matter. Are you a visible minority in Canada? If yes, then I suggest you should visit stormfrong.org, then don't be surprised that your good ole neighbours, colleagues, teachers are the regular members of that website.

The preservation of white race does matter in any Western Country. If your skin is not white, then you are always a second class citizen no matter how hard you try to be American or Canadian. Don't try to deny the reality.

stormfrong.org is a KKK racist organization that no one takes serious, in china they would have been sent to a work camp by now if not a bullet thru the back of the head and bill sent to their family. If you are going to pay attention to what ever nut job in the world says and especially the USA thinks you are in for a rough ride, remember we dont have that censorship thing china has.

BS, do you know what a tiny tiny minority those people represent? Speak for yourself I am a visible minority and I've never ever ever felt like a second class citizen in Canada. The only person that can you make feel like one is yourself and some sort of deep held resentment of other Canadians.

I mean if there are Canadians who hate multiculturalism and or chinese people, I don't remember ever meeting one and besides if you do meet them, how hard is it to just ignore them and talk to the perfect nice person beside them.

ChinaTiger1986 said:

Heh heh of course race does matter. But certainly that doesn't mean minorities are necessarily second class citizens. Do you even know what second class citizen means? Quite probably not unless you have lived through the civil rights era. Those were true second class citizens until they fought for their rights. Meanwhile, Tibetans are true second class citizens while sharing the same "race" (Yes I know ethnic Chinese and Tibetans would never consider themselves the same race, but to any outside Western observer all asians are the same just look at stuff like Karate Kid.)

I would agree with you if "motherland" means Chinese culture. If it means the PRC, then that is clearly false as many overseas Chinese would welcome the fall of the PRC to be replaced by a democratic or other form of government.

Attitudes like yours are what set most blacks back in America. Don't integrate, don't be like Uncle Tom. Meanwhile asians and latinos did whatever they could to integrate, even changing their culture if necessary (not all did this but some multi-generational Chinese families did). The most successful blacks like Obama are considered purely Uncle Tom or "not black enough" yet they don't care.

This so-called reality only exists in your head ;). Hopefully you don't pass on this thinking to your children, as you would be doing them a major disservice and simply training up angry race card players.

stormfrong.org is a KKK racist organization that no one takes serious, in china they would have been sent to a work camp by now if not a bullet thru the back of the head and bill sent to their family. If you are going to pay attention to what ever nut job in the world says and especially the USA thinks you are in for a rough ride, remember we dont have that censorship thing china has.

There are kkk members in stormfront.org, but most stormfront members are just daily people who hold a xenophobia view, they just prefer to stick with their own race. So they spend on their online time in a white community. These people are the base population of the western countries, they might not be violent like neo-nazi or kkk, but they do not trust and don't want to stay with non-white people.

Frankly, i don't have resentment toward most of them as long as they don't physically/verbally harass me. It is perfect natural that most people prefer and trust their own race than other race.

PRC is a totalitarian state, even many Chinese citizens are also xenophobia, but open communities like stormfront.org aren't allowed.

Back
Top Bottom