What's new

"Fear of a Chinese Planet"

Hafizzz

Reaction score
Western Media is again fanning the China threat :

Fear of a Chinese planet
Global growth: Fear of a Chinese planet | The Economist

pew.png

Concerns about China’s economic might are high among publics in the U.S. and Europe. In most of these countries, majorities or pluralities consider China’s growing economy a bad thing for their countries. Respondents in France are the most likely of all the countries surveyed to be concerned about China’s economic prowess (67%). In Britain, the public is divided on this issue, while in Russia, a plurality think China’s growing economy is a good thing for their country (49%).

In several developing countries, majorities consider China’s growing economic strength a good thing. Notable exceptions are Turkey (60%) and India (56%), where majorities are concerned about China’s economic might. Majorities or pluralities in every Middle Eastern, African and Latin American country surveyed see China’s growing economy as a good thing for their country. In Asia, Pakistan, Indonesia and Japan are also largely positive.

As you can see from the chart, Pakistan is China's best friend followed
by Kenya and Nigeria.

Last edited:
I think china developing both at economic and military front is fine by me. Nobody should have any problems regarding that. If a country fears chinese military might then they should first build up their own defenses rather than complain about it.

I think china developing both at economic and military front is fine by me. Nobody should have any problems regarding that. If a country fears chinese military might then they should first build up their own defenses rather than complain about it.

You are one Indian that I RESPECT !!!

parosi tarrakki kar raha hai to atcha hai,we'll do better.......we have to be competitive not jealous.............

It's hard for Europeans to like any country with a colonial past. And Japan's military poll is halarious.

Looks like the world is OK with Chinese "Economic re-emergence". :cheers:

Even Japan has 61% positive perception towards our economic growth!

In terms of the Military, of course other countries will be wary, and I don't blame them. We're not going to go to war with anyone though so it's not a big issue.

Pakistan (as always) is the best friend of China in terms of public opinion with regard to our re-emergence. :china::pakistan:

I second you here....Chinese people have worked very hard and they deserve each and every bit of their success...B/W the more they will grow the more we will be determined to grow even at faster rate.....This healthy competition will help our masses big time....

I second you here....Chinese people have worked very hard and they deserve each and every bit of their success...B/W the more they will grow the more we will be determined to grow even at faster rate.....This healthy competition will help our masses big time....

Thank you, my friend!

I look forward to the "Asian century" and I believe that we will all get along well in the future! :cheers:

Thank you, my friend!

I look forward to the "Asian century" and I believe that we will all get along well in the future! :cheers:

There could be an Asian centuray. But it most likely not going to happen for another 100 years. The west is still much more advance as compare to Asia so Asia still has a long way to go. Once Asian countries attains GDP that is equivalent to the US, its per capita GDP is still way below that of the US and so US will still attract the best and the brightest from all over the world, including China and India.

There could be an Asian centuray. But it most likely not going to happen for another 100 years. The west is still much more advance as compare to Asia so Asia still has a long way to go. Once Asian countries attains GDP that is equivalent to the US, its per capita GDP is still way below that of the US and so US will still attract the best and the brightest from all over the world, including China and India.

wait and watch....21st century belongs to Asia.

India,Pakistan, china ,Indonesia :bunny:

probably in next 10 years china will overtake US :china:

---------- Post added at 09:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:37 AM ----------

japan is already 3rd largest economy

Fair point. My city of Hong Kong has a very high GDP per capita (higher than the UK, Germany and Japan), but for the majority of Chinese people it is still quite low.

There are a LOT of educated mainlanders who come down to Hong Kong to study or get jobs, so the "brain drain" can be from Chinese city to Chinese city sometimes too. In short, if they come down to HK then China is not really losing brainpower.

You're from Taiwan which also has a very high GDP per capita, so a lot of educated people will want to travel there too.

So "brain drain" is not necessarily bad for Chinese people, if educated mainlanders go to Hong Kong then it's good for China. If educated mainlanders go to Taiwan it is good for Taiwan. So we all benefit at the end if we can convince educated people to come to our cities.

Singapore too has a very high GDP per capita, one of the highest in the world. Singaporeans are Chinese descendants so I would be very happy to see them receive our "brain drain" too.

wait and watch....21st century belongs to Asia.

India,Pakistan, china ,Indonesia :bunny:

probably in next 10 years china will overtake US :china:

japan is already 3rd largest economy

You're right, according to current trends, China will overtake the US in less than two decades.... and India will do the same soon after.

Which is why cooperation is so essential if we are to maintain regional stability amongst great powers. :cheers:

Back
Top Bottom