What's new

F-INSAS assault rifle some options???

SCAR Series.

Scar-l_all.jpg

Scar-h_all.jpg

4th Generation SCAR's to be specific, they have common receiver.So a 5.56 rifle can be converted to a 7.62 without the use of an armourer.

SCAR is really for Special forces than regular infantry men but yeah this is a good choice

can anyone please tell me what the rifle we are co developing with Israel will look like what cartridge it will use, accessories etc? pls and thank you

6.8 should be the primary caliber for the rifle good stopping power but not as much kick and muzzle flash as 7.62, i've read reports about army men complaining how INSAS can only maim enemies and not kill them in 1 hit, that being said we should only use 5.56 in actual war but fighting insurgents we should use 6.8 and above

300px-Oct._06_003.jpg

INSAS Should be replaced by something better , but local product. I thing DRDO and the other ordinance factories cameup with some nice guns, but poor marketing..e.g "Trichi"

i think they should definitely go for a 6.8mm as a primary calliber
heard that even US wants to shift to 6.8 from 5.54mm.:smokin::smokin:

INSAS Should be replaced by something better , but local product. I thing DRDO and the other ordinance factories cameup with some nice guns, but poor marketing..e.g "Trichi"

i think they should definitely go for a 6.8mm as a primary calliber
heard that even US wants to shift to 6.8 from 5.54mm.:smokin::smokin:

i agree to both of these however DRDO is designing a mutli caliber weapon system it looks pretty ugly IMO but if it can get the job done in the battlefield and our soldiers like it then by all means it should be inducted

images

does that look like a bullpup design to you?

Not really look, most bull pops like very similar. This looks very similar to

SAR-21
ST_Kinetics_SAR-21-2.jpg

And

FN-2000
FN2000.jpg

yes but the multi caliber weapon being developed by DRDO look at the trigger area and where is a grip? i hope that is just a prototype because it looks like it has poor ergonomics

Why INSAS needs to be changed ? If I'm correct , many of it's shortcommings were rectified.
I like the way AK has evolved, AK-47, 56, 74,AKR.
IMO we should go for upgradation of design ( multi caliber etc), performance of INSAS- instead of a totally new weapon.

Why INSAS needs to be changed ? If I'm correct , many of it's shortcommings were rectified.
I like the way AK has evolved, AK-47, 56, 74,AKR.
IMO we should go for upgradation of design ( multi caliber etc), performance of INSAS- instead of a totally new weapon.

the purpose of F-INSAS is to equip the Indian infantry with world class modern systems the INSAS is IMO "satisfactory" compared to other rifles like the M4 we need to replace INSAS because for the future, what would be the point of having soldiers with hi tech systems but just a plain old simple assault rifle? i believe the mutli caliber weapon maybe derived from the original bullpup version of the INSAS

^^^^deathto corruption what you are saying is right but i think we should go with insas it is a nice and accurate weapon what we should do is to make it better by introducing a bullpup design or by adding more ergonomiks to it ratter than going for an over all new design.:toast_sign:

Imagine a Trevor costing upward 3 lakh a piece, when that may not be the yearly salary of the Jawan. ?
Why not increases his salary?
To me (at least) other guns seem like Swiss watches, which costs well above 15000/- and would perform the same function that your 300/- to 1000/- watch can do , without fail.-
What Swiss watches add is the "esteem" / fashion value. Same may be for these guns.
Please understand ,I'm very much in favor of Jawans getting the best equipment for the purpose (not for any other factor). And for this a weapon has to be designed around him (a typical Indian Jawan), -like Isreal designed Merkava.
I'm sure there is ample scope of improvement in INSAS - Give INSAS it's long due attention.
.......Just my thought.......

Imagine a Trevor costing upward 3 lakh a piece, when that may not be the yearly salary of the Jawan. ?
Why not increases his salary?
To me (at least) other guns seem like Swiss watches, which costs well above 15000/- and would perform the same function that your 300/- to 1000/- watch can do , without fail.-
What Swiss watches add is the "esteem" / fashion value. Same may be for these guns.
Please understand ,I'm very much in favor of Jawans getting the best equipment for the purpose (not for any other factor). And for this a weapon has to be designed around him (a typical Indian Jawan), -like Isreal designed Merkava.
I'm sure there is ample scope of improvement in INSAS - Give INSAS it's long due attention.
.......Just my thought.......

yes but i believe the multi caliber weapon is derived from the INSAS since ARDE is designing it i still do not know if we are going to buy off the shelf assault rifle or build one indigenously for F-INSAS

Back
Top Bottom