What's new

F-INSAS assault rifle some options???

I know that sir but my aim was not to insult you what I was trying to say is that the reason why army wants a multi calliber rifle is so that they can change its calliber before the mission acc to mission's need thats it like if they are going for a counter insurgency they can switch to a calliber which is suitable for CQB and in a battlefield they just stick to their primary calliber which is 6.8mm in this case ,but if they need to fight a close quatter battle during wartime what they do is to change the length of rifle rather than its barrel which could be easilly achived by a folding buttstock .:pop:

i believe having a high caliber in a short barrel will produce loud sound and high muzzle flash this was the case with the Excalibur rifle

multi barrel and multi caliber with primary caliber being 6.8mm the 6.8mm SPC (special purpose cartridge) was issued to U.S SOCOM forces and they were "very pleased" with it

this is the bushmaster m4 type carbine which also fires in 6.8mm

m4_f.jpg

this is the 6.8m SPC rifle

BCWA3F16M468-500.jpg

Sir can't we add casket magazines on our INSAS.It is a form of box magazine, sometimes also referred as a quad-column which can hold a great amount of ammunition retaining the length of a standard magazine although wider. Casket magazines can be found on the Suomi KP/-31, Hafdasa C-4, Spectre M4, QCW-05 and on 5.45x39mm AK rifle derivatives.Even Magpul has recently been granted a patent for a STANAG compatible casket magazine(maybe for Masada) and by SureFire in December 2010 as the High Capacity Magazine (HCM) with an ammo capacity of 60 and 100 rounds, respectively.
page1-423px-Magpul_Magazine_Patent_No20100212653A1.pdf.jpg

page2-423px-Magpul_Magazine_Patent_No20100212653A1.pdf.jpg

page3-423px-Magpul_Magazine_Patent_No20100212653A1.pdf.jpg

no the rifles are designed for stability insas is designed for 20 -30 mags but not for that large weight and whats the need to invest such large in mags

Back
Top Bottom