What's new

F-7P and F-7PG

They can still be useful in air interdiction against say the IAFs jaguars can't they?
I don’t think anybody doubts their usefulness, it’s just that people fail to understand that any case where we need to use them is a non-ideal case, especially when people try to make it look like it’s still a good aircraft. The only ideal solution for them is replacement, however until that becomes a reality, they are obviously useful in some way and are being used to the best of their abilities.

I don’t think anybody doubts their usefulness, it’s just that people fail to understand that any case where we need to use them is a non-ideal case, especially when people try to make it look like it’s still a good aircraft. The only ideal solution for them is replacement, however until that becomes a reality, they are obviously useful in some way and are being used to the best of their abilities.
I mean I do agree it should be retired. But as I have heard, the role and doctrine given to those jets (f7pg) apparently makes them a beast.

It's a damn good looking fighter and it will be sad to see it go :(.

They can still be useful in air interdiction against say the IAFs jaguars can't they?

IAF Jags were the first fighters to be equipped with aesa's in the region. gonna assume they'll get a bvraam suite for self def too.

IAF Jags were the first fighters to be equipped with aesa's in the region. gonna assume they'll get a bvraam suite for self def too.

Never gonna happen. Full stop. The jet is massively underpowered, to ask a Jag with the Adour engine to fly with a bomb load in summer conditions is impossible, so forget hanging on BVR missiles to it. Also the airframe was never designed for air combat.

1625752223877.png

Never gonna happen. Full stop. The jet is massively underpowered, to ask a Jag with the Adour engine to fly with a bomb load in summer conditions is impossible, so forget hanging on BVR missiles to it. Also the airframe was never designed for air combat.
The Jaguar's biggest threat is the CBU-105 SFW. IMHO, the best way of mitigating it is the JF-17. It'd be ideal if we could load up on more Block-III/Bs so that we can make Block-Is available to support ground operations. If there's an option to upgrade the Block-I with an AESA radar, we ought to consider it. But that aside, the SD-10 plus LD-10 ARM, YJ-9E AGM and GB6 SOW would be good weapons to use in a ground combat environment - stop the IAF Jaguars and target various enemy targets on land.

You mean interception of Jaguar interdictors?

Air Interdiction basically refers to destruction of secondary ground targets that are not of much importance but could have potential use in the future by the enemy.

I am not sure what exactly you asked from the guy.
Still good for CAS, AI, OCA (G), OCAS etc

Back
Top Bottom