What's new

F-16 flies better with LCA control laws - Pentagon Test pilot

In 2008, redflag... US pilot said your pilots were lazy on ground, with 1 minute time gap between flights and pathetic in air, killing your own and getting killed by F-16 guns. what is your opinion to that performance remarks?

At what point does he say IAF pilots are "lazy"? In fact he pretty much says the opposite is true. Wrt high number of blue-blue kills, he explains the reason behind this (ie no data-link between USAF AWACS and MKIs). He also says the MKI is undoubtedly better than the F-15/16 "legacy" fighters.

it is all well and good spewing nonsense but don't expect your lies to go unchallenged.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know for a fact that there is significant Indian-designed software aboard the 787.

Indian companies, subcontracting the job to Pakistani companies/personals and re-selling, as Indian product.

I know it for fact!

At what point does he say IAF pilots are "lazy"? In fact he pretty much says the opposite is true. Wrt high number of blue-blue kills, he explains the reason behind this (ie no data-link between USAF AWACS and MKIs). He also says the MKI is undoubtedly better than the F-15/16 "legacy" fighters.

it is all well and good spewing nonsense but don't expect your lies to go unchallenged.

@Abingdonboy Mate how would you compare a Might 21 with a LCA? Are they comparable in the first place? Would be nice if you could throw some light.

Indian companies, subcontracting the job to Pakistani companies/personals and re-selling, as Indian product.

I know it for fact!

lol, whatever helps you sleep at night.

how can the Indian IT sector compete with the might of the Pakistani IT sector??

Grow up:

@Abingdonboy I am thinking of a thread on Indian investment and Companies in US and rest of the world. Suggest me a title for that. No comparison with Pakistan. Or you start one.

It is a interesting topic for discussion, don't you think.

@Abingdonboy Mate how would you compare a Might 21 with a LCA? Are they comparable in the first place? Would be nice if you could throw some light.

Mate the LCA is 1-2 generations at least ahead of the MIG-21. The only real similarities are that both are supersonic fighter air craft. The differences are stark, at a basic level the LCA is a Compound delta design wheras the MIG-21 is a Tailed delta. The LCA is an advanced FBW multi-role fighter. The MIG-21 is a dated single-role interceptor (later upgrades such as the Bison UPG have given some multi-role capabilites to the MIG-21).

@Abingdonboy I am thinking of a thread on Indian investment and Companies in US and rest of the world. Suggest me a title for that. No comparison with Pakistan. Or you start one.

It is a interesting topic for discussion, don't you think.
How about:

"India expands its horizons to US,Europe and beyond"

Could be an interesting thread for sure. And I'd say there was a need for it as this sort of thing becomes more and more common. I'd contribute for sure.

@joekrish

They say a picture is worth a thousand words:

MIG-21:

MiG-21_cockpit.jpg

LCA:

in_lca3_001.jpg

Just in case anyone want to know what is this 'flight control laws'...

SKYbrary - Flight Control Laws

Airbus Flight Control Laws

These laws are not disclosed to the public in its final form, only the highest or 'pseudo-code' format are so disclosed and usually for FYI purposes. This is more for safety and security reasons than for patents or copyright protection.

Try to look at this from a philosophical level: In a purely mechanical flight control system (FLCS) with a push-pull rod length of one meter, for example, that one meter is effectively a law. A person's arm length is a law governing reach distance. A person's average stride is a law governing his pace of walk. A wheel diameter is a law influencing a vehicle's performance.

A few preempting points here...

- It is not possible to 'hack' a flight control computer (FLCC) to access these laws by anyone outside of the manufacturer's test stations.

- Fully digital fly-by-wire FLCS have the most flexibility regarding changes to the laws. And only under manufacturer's authorized test station conditions.

- Computer augmented mechanical-hydraulics FLCS can have some laws. Just not as extensive and responsive as FBW systems.

Very good news

The best thing is this:

"I think the biggest thing is that we created the ecosystem for aviation in India. Earlier there was no ecosystem for aviation in India. There was HAL and nobody else. Now it is HAL, 500 industries, 40-50 laboratories, 20 academic institutions and it is a big network. It is no longer one or two people working or one DRDO lab working or NAL working. It is a network. I thought this ecosystem that we have created through LCA is a great thing and it has given extra-ordinary confidence to the people who have worked on the project and the people who felt that this cannot be done but now they feel that if they could do LCA, they can do many other things."

The Flight control system was bought from Lockheed Martin USA, so all the credit should go to USA not India. Indians, stop taking credit from others!!!!

The Flight control system was bought from Lockheed Martin USA, so all the credit should go to USA not India. Indians, stop taking credit from others!!!!

Actually, we tried. But once the sanctions hit, all the scientists and engineers working with the US were told to pack their bags and head back home. They weren't even allowed to gather their own research material.

They had to start working from scratch all over again.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom