What's new

F-16 flies better with LCA control laws - Pentagon Test pilot

Srinivas

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
India
"One of the comments of the test pilot from the Pentagon was that the F-16 flies better with LCA control laws"

Light-Combat-Aircraft-LCA-Tejas-Indi.jpg

Came across this fine interview given by Dr. Harinarayan. It is available on Tejas's official website. Speaks about his education in his growing up years & some of the professional challenges & supportive higher-ups he has interacted with.

"I think the biggest thing is that we created the ecosystem for aviation in India. Earlier there was no ecosystem for aviation in India. There was HAL and nobody else. Now it is HAL, 500 industries, 40-50 laboratories, 20 academic institutions and it is a big network. It is no longer one or two people working or one DRDO lab working or NAL working. It is a network. I thought this ecosystem that we have created through LCA is a great thing and it has given extra-ordinary confidence to the people who have worked on the project and the people who felt that this cannot be done but now they feel that if they could do LCA, they can do many other things."

- Featured Interview

The quote used as the title of this post is in reference to the consultancy & testing service [on its F-16D VISTA (variable in-flight stability aircraft) that the American Lockheed Martin was contractually obligated to provide to the LCA team in developing the bird's Flight Control Systems [FCS]. However, it had to renege on it, after the U.S. imposed sanctions & technology denial regimes on India for carrying out Operation Shakti. 14 years down the line, after India demonstrated the counteractive effect these sanctions had on its development programme, and U.S's own, geo-political compulsions/interests, that requires it to re-calibrate its engagement & relations with a nation like India, these sanctions are on their way to being history.

Initial portions of his interview can be watched in this video, below. Hearing him speak was a highly inspiring experience.

Good job HAL and Dr. Harinarayan :cheers:

"One of the comments of the test pilot from the Pentagon was that the F-16 flies better with LCA control laws" - AA Me, IN

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know further details about the F-16 and potential Indian software, but the Boeing 787 has alot of software which is written and designed etc by India and in India. Can't Turn away from the facts that their aviation industry is growing, especially regarding aeronautical software.

Fully digital F.B.W is one of the most important technology that we learnt during LCA programme.

Just replace wires by optical fibers and you will get F.B.O that will be integrated in AMCA fcs.

I missed LCA in Iron Fist. Can any one upload its strike video

meanwhile control system does not only mean software, it is combination of electrical system fed with software so the out put is desirable.

Dr. Harinarayan is an Oriya!!! We at Odisha are not aware of such notable intellectual and scientist making India proud. Proud of him.

What technology? your current fleet is called flying coffins, because of poor service and you believe the propaganda news and started jumping.

In 2008, redflag... US pilot said your pilots were lazy on ground, with 1 minute time gap between flights and pathetic in air, killing your own and getting killed by F-16 guns. what is your opinion to that performance remarks?

You must be joking.:hitwall:

They forget to tell that its after landing and before take off

Sadly for you witty people, what Kota Harinarayan reported is a fact. I do not know if you are aware of what flight control laws are, and where and how they are used in operating an aircraft. This is the key to performance, and more than one experienced pilot has commented about how easy it is to fly a Tejas.

I suggest you read about this development before making immature, childish comments. You might also like to remember that this was a fresh attempt, after whatever had been developed initially had been sequestered by the Americans, literally overnight, without warning.

I don't know further details about the F-16 and potential Indian software, but the Boeing 787 has alot of software which is written and designed etc by India and in India. Can't Turn away from the facts that their aviation industry is growing, especially regarding aeronautical software.
TCS and other Indian firms have contributed to Being projects too.
But its is known to customer who use it.

Its called Invisible innovation.

http://machinist.in/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=3508&Itemid=2

Since 1997, Boeing has worked with India’s premier software development companies — including HCL, Infosys, Wipro and Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) — on many information technology projects, including systems reengineering and development, web enabling, e-business applications and long-term application maintenance. In 2005, Boeing began using engineers from Infosys and TCS on a variety of knowledge-based engineering and data analysis projects. It has also contracted for engineering services with TCS and Infosys to support aircraft design activity.

Boeing’s relationship with Hindustan Aeronautics Ltd. (HAL) began in 1991, when HAL became the single-source producer of 757 overwing exit doors. HAL manufactures the 777 gear uplock box, 777 flaperons, F/A-18 gun bay doors, F/A-18 wire harnesses, P-8I weapons bay doors, P-8I tailcones, and P-8I identification friend or foe transponders.

In 2011, Hyderabad-based Infotech Enterprises, which provides engineering solutions, was one among 16 global suppliers honored by Boeing as a Supplier of the Year winner in the category of “Non-Production.” Infotech was selected from a pool of more than 17,500 Boeing suppliers in more than 50 countries. Infotech has supported a number a significant and critical Boeing Commercial Airplanes projects, currently providing design and stress support on the 747-8 Freighter and Intercontinental and 787-8 and 787-9.

In 2005, Boeing entered a research partnership with the Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bengaluru. The Boeing-IISc partnership focuses on research in nanotechnologies, structural alloys, composites, smart materials and structures, process modeling and simulation, manufacturing technologies, prototyping through substructure fabrication and testing. The strategic alliance with the IISc — the first of its kind at Boeing in the area of materials science — spurs aerospace innovation and contributes to the advancement of Boeing aircraft design capabilities.

Boeing India - About Boeing in India

Back
Top Bottom