What's new

Export bids for JF-17 Thunder Multirole Lightweight Fighter Aircraft

The French President obviously did not agree with your point of view. Maggie Thatcher was not called the Iron lady for nothing. So ridiculour or not she threatened to Nuke Argentina and the French relented.
A
Any proof of this?

Looks like the export bid to Egypt (was already very slim) got its final nail in the coffin with Egypt ordering an additional 30 Rafales in addition to their 24 already delivered.

Looks like the export bid to Egypt (was already very slim) got its final nail in the coffin with Egypt ordering an additional 30 Rafales in addition to their 24 already delivered.
I think they placed follow on order before the CJCSC and others visited, no?

I wasn't keen on that sissy buying our jet any way but just wondering.

Hi,

Anyone with any military engineering background would want to get some level of TOT for their weapons systems.

Think about it this way---pak and india are at war---a critical parts assembly section is destroyed by an enemy bomb & now there is critical shortage of that part---but guess what---argentina has that assembly working at full capacity---
But i think China is nearer to us than Argentina. No Sir?

Last edited:
Romanian Defence Minister recently met PAF Air Chief. Theyve got Mig-21s that need to be replaced and some F-16AM/BMs. Was it interest in sharing expertise for the F-16 or exploring JF-17. Anyone know what Romania upto, they were rumored to get more F-16s, has it hit a snag?

Romanian Defence Minister recently met PAF Air Chief. Theyve got Mig-21s that need to be replaced and some F-16AM/BMs. Was it interest in sharing expertise for the F-16 or exploring JF-17. Anyone know what Romania upto, they were rumored to get more F-16s, has it hit a snag?

Aren't they in NATO? Why would they go for non-NATO arms? (Arms not built in NATO countries, barring Israel)

Malaysia kicks off search for new light combat aircraft
By Greg Waldron24 June 2021

Malaysia Hawk 208
Kuala Lumpur has kicked off its tender for 18 jets to fulfil its Lead In Trainer-Light Combat Aircraft (FLIR-LCA) requirement.

Widely publised on open media of the time as well as her autobiography.
A
If by 'her', you mean thatcher than there is no such thing in her autobiography. The only reference I can find to this is a pretty questionable claim in a book by a psychiatrist who attended french president.

If by 'her', you mean thatcher than there is no such thing in her autobiography. The only reference I can find to this is a pretty questionable claim in a book by a psychiatrist who attended french president.
There you go.
My young friend, I have lived those hears and many before as well. I generally dont comment unless I know something having read it. If I share an opinion then I will call it my opinion.
[/URL]
The above is a link from the Guardian as well.
Regards

There you go.
My young friend, I have lived those hears and many before as well. I generally dont comment unless I know something having read it. If I share an opinion then I will call it my opinion.
[/URL]
The above is a link from the Guardian as well.
Regards
The guardian link doesn't work. The other is just a link to the autobiography, doesn't show what is written there. It is not a question of doubting you at all, I'm just trying to establish if it's a solid fact or not and till now there is nothing to show that.

The guardian link doesn't work. The other is just a link to the autobiography, doesn't show what is written there. It is not a question of doubting you at all, I'm just trying to establish if it's a solid fact or not and till now there is nothing to show that.
Just google maggie thatcher threatened to Nuke argentina and it will all come up. There is no doubt in my mind that it happened and it was widely publicised.
A

Just google maggie thatcher threatened to Nuke argentina and it will all come up.
Sadly all that shows up after quite extensive search is the unreliable claim by a psychiatrist (who himself called it unreliable), just as I mentioned in my previous post. Thatcher autobigraphy DOES NOT say this at all according to all the info I found and as I already said before.
There is no doubt in my mind that it happened and it was widely publicised.
The french/algerian psychiatrist's claim was widely publicised. Here's a guardian link that works.
Sometimes our mind can play tricks at us.

I lived through those years as well, at no point did Thatcher threaten to nuke Argentina, at least not publicly, and even if in private, there's no way in hell this would have happened. She was known to be the iron lady for many reasons, but one thing she was not and that was stupid, there's no way she would have seriously entertained the idea, not when she was even rebuked for sinking the Belgrano.

Back
Top Bottom