What's new

Export bids for JF-17 Thunder Multirole Lightweight Fighter Aircraft

Aren't they in NATO? Why would they go for non-NATO arms? (Arms not built in NATO countries, barring Israel)

The beauty of JFT is that they can get it customized as per their needs, so a NATO standard JFT is possible as western companies are willing to sell their equipment for JFT.

The beauty of JFT is that they can get it customized as per their needs, so a NATO standard JFT is possible as western companies are willing to sell their equipment for JFT.
I don't think NATO nations will be too thrilled to have a Chinese built aircraft training alongside them.

I don't think NATO nations will be too thrilled to have a Chinese built aircraft training alongside them.

Their companies are ready to sell equipment like AESA radar, engine, avionics, weapons, Targeting Pods etc, so why NATO will have issue when they have allowed their companies to sell equipment to Pakistan?

Their companies are ready to sell equipment like AESA radar, engine, avionics, weapons, Targeting Pods etc, so why NATO will have issue when they have allowed their companies to sell equipment to Pakistan?
Don't you think of there are companies willing to sell us these things, we would've bought them?

Don't you think of there are companies willing to sell us these things, we would've bought them?

Why block-2 used western stuff?? Chinese offer better deal that is why we chose it for block-3, but for any country close to NATO can buy western standard JFT that is why it was pitched to countries in ME and now Egypt.

Why block-2 used western stuff?? Chinese offer better deal that is why we chose it for block-3, but for any country close to NATO can buy western standard JFT that is why it was pitched to countries in ME and now Egypt.
I mean things like the engine, radar, avionics etc are still Chinese and Russian.
Plus if you keep adding more Western equipment, the plane will lose it's selling point i-e it's low cost

I mean things like the engine, radar, avionics etc are still Chinese and Russian.
Plus if you keep adding more Western equipment, the plane will lose it's selling point i-e it's low cost

ME don't care about low cost and even with western stuff JFT will be less in price then it's competitors.

The life of western engine exceeds the life of JFT current airframe so it's not good to have as per PAF.

First time im hearing that western companies are ready to sell us AESA radars, engine, avionics lolz, weapons etc. We couldnt obtain a bit better class of gyroscopes from all around the west and u claim they are ready to sell all that. Maybe you are from a parallel universe where all that is possible and have crossed over here mistakenly.

Back
Top Bottom