What's new

Export bids for JF-17 Thunder Multirole Lightweight Fighter Aircraft

Your trainer is 8 years after induction. Just how the hell those things happen is a magical mystery that we'll never find out. There is another question that I asked. AESA is heavier, so infact that LCA might have to bring in more powerful engines to accommodate ie. How come your jets magically will do that without aerodynamic changes is starnge strange thing.

You guys are just plodding along with your projects.
LCA Mk1 A will have same engine. GE 404

First flight took place in Sep 2003 (almost 2004) and by March 2007 (effective 2 years after 1st flight) the first batch of planes (in broken down form) had been delivered to PAF.

Well...in 1.5 years you had comepleted all flight testing and built a combat ready format of a brand new plane and inducted it? Nice work dude!!!! AN ACCOMPLISHMENT NO COUNTRY IN THE WORLD HAS SEEN!!!!

@GURU DUTT magical jet.
If you are slow it does not mean everyone is.... Less time taken is for the reason that JF17 was based on already tested technology of fourth generation aircraft and did not try to re-invent the wheel ... Furthermore, if there were any glitches in the platform then it should have shown by now,,, but till to date JF-17 is flying in combat situations and has successfully inducted PAF and PN ...

If you consider this accomplishment as a failure then go cry we don't mind but fact is we have done it and it worked for us ... JF17 is a potent aircraft and had just one accident in operational life of 8 years,,, much much better than 1 crash per year accredited to SU-30 MKI ....

Poor soul, can't differentiate between Republic Day and an air show.
There are three JF-17 squadrons operational.....do you even know what that means.
He don't even know know what he is talking about...in another thread he was claiming that JF 17 has no serial production and PAF pilots can't handle JF 17 without any trainer...I wanted to reply him to check JF 17 thread to increase his knowledge but since he is an Indian and immune to any "Self-Respect" I stopped...!
Even a kid will know that PAF pilots are handling this jet very well after seeing the performance of JF 17 pilots in so many Air shows...! He is a true poor soul...!

Why they want to to be "anonymous" untill product is ready? Scared of "some one"....?
Or it is us who want their names in shadow so butt hurts may not sabotage the deals.....???

This is why ↓↓↓↓

India has offered to Sri Lanka its Tejas Light Combat Aircraft (LCA) to counter Pakistan’s earlier bid to sell to the island nation its JF-17 fighters developed in collaboration with China, the Colombo-based Sunday Observer says.
Independent sources confirmed to Express that both Pakistan and India have made their respective offers in the light of the Sri Lanka Air Force’s bid to replace its ageing Israeli Kfirs and MIG 27s.

http://www.newindianexpress.com/world/India-Offers-Lanka-“Tejas”-To-Counter-Pakistan’s-JF-17-Report/2015/10/25/article3096831.ece

Well I can assure you JFT tail will see enigma of friendly airforces before Tejas munna will be able to become part of active IAF squadron.......
Since lot of time passed announcement of First export deal, Still no further Information not even any customer name from Pakistan or china nor any country declared it purchased JFT. What is your guess about this.
I have never saw any other example Like this.

they were interested in its early days. However i dont think they will buy our stuff. They r too pro indians

well i guess you are right ... but don't you think JF-17 will be a good induction for them , to increase their numbers .. rest they can buy a 4.5 Generation Fighters like Su-30, Su-35 or j-10's ..

Sri Lanka and Myanmar and can be Jordan and Egypt

Egypt and jordan , no i doubt that ... Egypt Operate more than 200 F-16's ...

Blk3 will see improvements in air frame too. May be you see "canards" or may be not..... unless and untill a valid final model is shown, nothing can be said with authentication......

as per readings here on PDF, majority of Senior members believe that there won't be any change in Air frame ..
but it will have AESA and more hard points ..

Actually Mk1 will loose 1000kg more so it will be sufficient to add extra features Like AESA . 900 KG alone from landing gear. and 100 kg extra from 2 other modifications.

Plz add 2 more lost during Prototype testing including loss of life.
Which 2 that we have never heard of?

Nothing new.
Just two more candidates joined the "talks" for JFT.
It's been pretty long since we are selling empty words like jf17 costs 1/3rd of F16 & BLA BLA........ first we need to fill up our own needs then go for export orders.......
Compare this with the first sale of the Gripen to get an idea of how long it takes from initiation to sale.It is panning out nicely for the little tweety bird. People thought it is a sparrow, but this is turning out to be a sparrow hawk.
A

Eighteen to one and half dozen....there are butt hurts, there are vested interests, so revenge is a dish best served cold.
These =guys dont know how cut throat the fighter jet market is. We made a noise about SU35, and wallah 8 F16s get approved. How does that happen? We ll take a guess!!
A

well i guess you are right ... but don't you think JF-17 will be a good induction for them , to increase their numbers .. rest they can buy a 4.5 Generation Fighters like Su-30, Su-35 or j-10's ..

Egypt and jordan , no i doubt that ... Egypt Operate more than 200 F-16's ...

as per readings here on PDF, majority of Senior members believe that there won't be any change in Air frame ..
but it will have AESA and more hard points ..
F-16s used by Egypt neither have AESA nor BVR. JF-17 BLOCK III will have AESA as well as BVR and most importantly they can get with TOT

F-16s used by Egypt neither have AESA nor BVR. JF-17 BLOCK III will have AESA as well as BVR and most importantly they can get with TOT

I know but for what reason they want AESA and BVR ? they got no enemies ...

Your trainer is 8 years after induction. Just how the hell those things happen is a magical mystery that we'll never find out. There is another question that I asked. AESA is heavier, so infact that LCA might have to bring in more powerful engines to accommodate ie. How come your jets magically will do that without aerodynamic changes is starnge strange thing.

You guys are just plodding along with your projects.
The lack of trainer was a bad choice and with a retrospectoscope this needs to be admitted. PAF thought that just like its pilots can go from simulator to plane directly, others could do the same. However, having realized that they have rectified it and as such the deficiency has been made up.
AESA is not necessarily heavier, the problem is with heat dissipation and the means to do so. The additional equipment requires electricity to run it and for that a more powerful engine is needed. But the weight argument does not hold true. A more powerful RD93 MA is therefore being planned for Bl. 3.
The LCAvsJFT needs to stop as the LCA is not inducted in active service. Lets talk when it is in 2024 if DRDO is to be believed!!!!!
A

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom