What's new

Featured Ex PN Chief Zafar Mehmood Abbasi highlighted PN modernization

I will be honest, never saw the point of Pak Marines, SSGN yes, but Marines are supposed to be Amphibious infantry and assault by sea, our Marines essentially operate a infantry role near the coast. I know I am going to get stick for this comment now....!

All these ships, aircrafts and subs that were mentioned in the speech will need sailors and crews. The expansion of SSG (N) means more officers/sailors will apply for the induction and training course. Those few who make it to SSG(N) will then leave their previous positions either temporarily or permanently which will need to get filled in. This will be completed in next 3 years. Marines strength expansion will need to be handled by Army training institutions who will have their own training courses running already, so marines will need to be fitted in those courses. That will see roughly a 3 times increase in Marine force over next 10 years, from 3000 to around 8000 or more.

What you are suggesting will take another 10-15 years from 2030 onwards.
Nobody is saying it should happen tomorrow but it should be the eventual goal for Marines.

Nobody is saying it should happen tomorrow but it should be the eventual goal for Marines.
Looking 25 years ahead from now, a more interesting aspect would be the Electronic warfare domain dominancy of Pakistan Navy against adversary Navies, be it through submerged, surface or aerial platforms. Also an advanced ABM system installed on modern Frigates or Destroyers.

So my guess that those six could very well be Type 55 Destroyers is correct.
052D seems to be the one ... don't you think the 055 is way too big and costly for us USN classified 055 as a cruiser I don't think we can afford that..... so the surface fleet will look like
4 MILGEM ADA with VLS
4 054A frigates
1 Jinnah class frigate ( will probably go for 4 ships )
2 OPVs from
6 heavier vessels
4 F22ps ( no idea if they will be upgraded or retired)
FACs and gun boats
And development of supersonic anti ship ballistic missile
Such a strong surface fleet can easily deal with IN I am impressed by the way navy expanded from 9 major ship navy .... credit goes to the ex navy chief very competent person I hope Army is taking notes...
hmm...my $0.02

1. The ex-CNS said the vision is for 20+ large surface combatants.

I think he's referring to ships of 2,000+ tonnage, so that would include 4 F-22P, 4 MILGEM, 4 Type 054A/P, and 2 OPV 1800s. That is already 14 ships. He said the PN is going to contract another 6 ships of 'larger tonnage' down the line.

2. The Jinnah-Class Frigate is a standalone project.

The J-Class is not tied to the first 4 MILGEMs, but a separate program that is still in the design phase. However, since it is a frigate, it would be part of the 20-ship vision.

It's quite possible that the PN is basically planning to acquire 6-7 J-Class Frigates, and the J-Class will be a 'larger tonnage' design. Basically, it could end up being a 5,000-6,000-ton frigate like the FREMM.

Of course, since the PN likes blowing expectations out of water, I'm probably wrong.

It's quite possible that the PN is basically planning to acquire 6-7 J-Class Frigates, and the J-Class will be a 'larger tonnage' design. Basically, it could end up being a 5,000-6,000-ton frigate like the FREMM.

I would be extremely happy if that turns out to be true, No need for those type 052 or 055 if this happens. these are enough

hmm...my $0.02

I think he's referring to ships of 2,000+ tonnage, so that would include 4 F-22P, 4 MILGEM, 4 Type 054A/P, and 2 OPV 1800s. That is already 14 ships. He said the PN is going to contract another 6 ships of 'larger tonnage' down the line.

The J-Class is not tied to the first 4 MILGEMs, but a separate program that is still in the design phase. However, since it is a frigate, it would be part of the 20-ship vision.

Of course, since the PN likes blowing expectations out of water, I'm probably wrong.

That's our new navy, surprises galore.

I cant believe how the navy has got the nation excited, at least the ones who are aware of these things, that's a first, and I have a feeling, a lot more to come in this decade.

The Air force with the JF-17, aviation city and Project Azm, now the Navy have delivered.
It truly is time for the Army to deliver a shocking surprise, a positive one lol

That's our new navy, surprises galore.

I cant believe how the navy has got the nation excited, at least the ones who are aware of these things, that's a first, and I have a feeling, a lot more to come in this decade.

The Air force with the JF-17, aviation city and Project Azm, now the Navy have delivered.
It truly is time for the Army to deliver a shocking surprise, a positive one lol
All in good time IA

hmm...my $0.02

Sir what I am wondering is that if we are developing a Ballistic Missile with let's assume will have 1500 KM range. Which Ship we have, or is coming which can carry and fire that kind of missile. Nobody is answering that question.

Back
Top Bottom