What's new

Featured Ex PN Chief Zafar Mehmood Abbasi highlighted PN modernization

If we are going for Ships which have deck for helicopter and in case of bigger ships two helicopters than that automatically means we would be buying helicopters also. In my opinion it would be Leonardos helicopters.
Helicopters for Marines should also be considered. Some years ago, a document stated Mi-17 as proposed rotary transport.
Aegis Destroyer ???
Aegis is basically an Air Defence system installed on USN Cruisers and Destroyers of other Navies. It is possible to deploy Aegis system on a Frigate also e.g Hunter Class Frigates of Aussie Navy. An excellent AD system for PN is required since it doesn't have a fighter wing which can provide air cover to all surface combatants. Aegis system can provide Protection from Mig-29 sorties embarking from IN Carriers however USA might not release it to PN. IMO a full fledged fighter wing for PN is also required.

Helicopters for Marines should also be considered. Some years ago, a document stated Mi-17 as proposed rotary transport.

Aegis is basically an Air Defence system installed on USN Cruisers and Destroyers of other Navies. It is possible to deploy Aegis system on a Frigate also e.g Hunter Class Frigates of Aussie Navy. An excellent AD system for PN is required since it doesn't have a fighter wing which can provide air cover to all surface combatants. Aegis system can provide Protection from Mig-29 sorties embarking from IN Carriers however USA might not release it to PN. IMO a full fledged fighter wing for PN is also required.
Personally I think, Pakistan should seriously consider taking Marines size to 40000 in near future. And equip it with Tanks and IFV and attack and transport helicopters and use it as aggressive force. From that I mean is in case of war their core mission should be capture as much territory as they can of Indian state of Gujrat.

Two things he did not mentioned but in some ways are fundamental to future naval development. First the ship lift and transfer system at Karachi Shipyard and the second Ship Model Testing Basin near Fateh Jang.

Than that could very well mean that 6 heavy vessels which outgoing Naval Chief mentioned could very well be Type 55 Destroyers.

6 Type 055???

Bhai kia Admiral Karambir Singh ko TB karwao gai is tarah ki baatain kar k???

We no speak Americano

French are certainly not friendly with us, in terms of weapons and strategic interests, France is now more pro India then even Russia....

Forget about France. Fact we did not even choose DCNS to upgrade Agosta 90Bs that they originally built for us should tell you everything you need to know about the state of the relationship....

French are certainly not friendly with us, in terms of weapons and strategic interests, France is now more pro India then even Russia....

Forget about France. Fact we did not even choose DCNS to upgrade Agosta 90Bs that they originally built for us should tell you everything you need to know about the state of the relationship....
I was post pointing to Italians.

6 Type 055???

Bhai kia Admiral Karambir Singh ko TB karwao gai is tarah ki baatain kar k???
Brother If Pakistan is looking to develop a long range Ballistic Missile. which can be fired from Surface Ships. Please remind me which other destroyer can carry a Ballistic Missile which let say has range of close 2000 KM and could be fired from Surface vessel ???? Keep in mind a recent report that China could fire Ballistic Missiles through its surface vessel the one and only Type 55 Destroyer

Brother If Pakistan is looking to develop a long range Ballistic Missile. which can be fired from Surface Ships. Please remind me which other destroyer can carry a Ballistic Missile which let say has range of close 2000 KM and could be fired from Surface vessel ???? Keep in mind a recent report that China could fire Ballistic Missiles through its surface vessel the one and only Type 55 Destroyer
OR SSBN's ?

Personally I think, Pakistan should seriously consider taking Marines size to 40000 in near future. And equip it with Tanks and IFV and attack and transport helicopters and use it as aggressive force. From that I mean is in case of war their core mission should be capture as much territory as they can of Indian state of Gujrat.
All these ships, aircrafts and subs that were mentioned in the speech will need sailors and crews. The expansion of SSG (N) means more officers/sailors will apply for the induction and training course. Those few who make it to SSG(N) will then leave their previous positions either temporarily or permanently which will need to get filled in. This will be completed in next 3 years. Marines strength expansion will need to be handled by Army training institutions who will have their own training courses running already, so marines will need to be fitted in those courses. That will see roughly a 3 times increase in Marine force over next 10 years, from 3000 to around 8000 or more.

What you are suggesting will take another 10-15 years from 2030 onwards.

Can’t tell everything on an open source platform. But they aren’t Aegis to be precise. West offers a lot of different platforms.

There is the European equivalent - PAAMS

If buying second hand, perhaps Italian FREMM frigates make a possible target. Or Damen may be offering an enlargement from the 2300 ton vessel to something that can be a cheaper cousin to the FREMM. AShMs would be local, CMS would be Turkish, and the rest - mix and match.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom