What's new

Ex-Pakistan PM Imran Khan gets two options: 'Go into exile or face Army Act'

Quaid e Tehreek PTI-N would not go anywhere.

Kundi should focus on his job. There's a crisis situation in the country and his services have been underpar and he should give back part of his salary as compensation to government of Pakistan.

You'd be disappointed on your 'wager'. But go ahead, please.
PTI fanbois don't realize that this is nothing new in Pakistan where popular leaders have been cut to size. People like me and @VCheng have seen a lot since the 1970s. And Imran Khan is probably the weakest of all the leaders who faced the military's ire. THE weakest! And the most stupid one too--even more stupid than Nawaz Sharif.

Let us give IK a little more credit than that. His mistake, like many before him, was only that he forgot that he was a puppet and needed to be put back in his place.

After all, all the "qualities" you mention above are mere pre-requisites to be given that role to begin with, so they need not be mentioned for fear of hurting the feeble of mind here. :D

yeh you tell them about niazi the great, he no nawaz, he's like qaid e azam a most honest and courageous, you tell them
lol, he hasn't done a runner like nawaz, that bahi black toad from karachi, zardari etc etc.

if Khan is murdered under some false pretence then he still didn't flee like the cowards I mentioned.

Let us give IK a little more credit than that. His mistake, like many before him, was only that he forgot that he was a puppet and needed to be put back in his place.

After all, all the "qualities" you mention above are mere pre-requisites to be given that role to begin with, so they need not be mentioned for fear of hurting the feeble of mind here. :D
yeah you and quality character :omghaha:

Pretty obvious there right. Many of them coming out more forcefully now. Before they were sitting on the fence.
no that particular geezer started growling against IK in the same time frame as bajwa the traitor was planning to dislodge Pakistan behind the scenes.

Barking for the junta is the new low.

People here have reading comprehension issues or what? Commenting on Imran's glaring blunders and mentioning what's likely to happen to him doesn't make it my wish! If an asteroid is falling down from the heavens then one would make comments about its potentials of destruction and its path to the ground--that wouldn't make it my wish that the asteroid should fall!

YOU had corrected me some months ago when I had hoped that Imran would realize his follies and do course correction. You, I think, implied, Imran wouldn't do introspection and you were proved correct. I am merely picking up what you had mentioned then.

Imran is only now reaching out to the opposition when he is being abandoned and worse yet to come for him. He had a golden chance to join hands with the Opposition/current govt. to put the Establishment in its place. I still think all political parties should join hands together and make the Establishment behave! But then such wisdom is scarce in Pakistan. Alas!

People here have reading comprehension issues or what? Commenting on Imran's glaring blunders and mentioning what's likely to happen to him doesn't make it my wish! If an asteroid is falling down from the heavens then one would make comments about its potentials of destruction and its path to the ground--that wouldn't make it my wish that the asteroid should fall!

YOU had corrected me some months ago when I had hoped that Imran would realize his follies and do course correction. You, I think, implied, Imran wouldn't do introspection and you were proved correct. I am merely picking up what you had mentioned then.

Imran is only now reaching out to the opposition when he is being abandoned and worse yet to come for him. He had a golden chance to join hands with the Opposition/current govt. to put the Establishment in its place. I still think all political parties should join hands together and make the Establishment behave! But then such wisdom is scarce in Pakistan. Alas!

Please allow me to clarify my earlier comments.

I agree with you that IK has committed, and still is committing, blunders aplenty, and , as you know, I have not been hesitant to mention them all along, to great chagrin in his abundant followers here.

Of course, you are one of those few people who have finally seen the light, and even more rarely, one of those rare gems who have openly acknowledged the change of opinion, which I appreciate. Thank you.

I also agree with what you have said about his "qualities" in your post above, with only the added observation than such inbuilt fatal character flaws are an essential qualification to be given the role of puppet in the first place. The ramifications should be clear to the wise.

The only reason I said to be more circumspect now was to try to shield you from the ire of the cultits for saying it like it is so openly, since not many of them simply are unable to comprehend the utterly mistaken nature of the beliefs in their chosen one, and hence are now lashing out due to the shock and dismay of recent events.

Given that what has still to unfold, sadly very predictably, will not be affected at all by their incomprehension. I am used to their responses to me for I have a thick skin, but others would be well advised to just let them be, for now, until, the new few months go by and then, perhaps, they might be able to see a little better.

I hope that makes sense. I am still low on caffeine. :D

He's in his 70s. He can't afford 3-4 years.

If he leaves now, he'll lose support. He's invested too much into this, and if he leaves he'll only delegitimize himself.
He already lost. Inhaling copium isn't beneficial for you. Just thank the Lord that you managed to settle in the developed world. As long as the army exists, no one can do anything it disapproves of.

Trying to bring him to the level of Nawaz Sharif and Benazir ...well Zardari also runaway Dubai during Raheel Sharif era .... lollll.. Mariam Nani also came back once she got a guarantee from uncle Bajwa...
Anyway, he is a British national through Jamima anyway ...why should he apply for US asylum ...
Benazir's courage is not what Imran Khan would have. In 2007, Benazir knew very early on that she would be assassinated, and she had already suffered an assassination in Karachi, but she still defied all odds to make a public appearance, daring to stand on the roof of a car in Rawalpindi and wave to the crowd , How could Imran Khan have such courage? You see how Imran Khan was scared after he was assassinated last year?

Of course, you are one of those few people who have finally seen the light, and even more rarely, one of those rare gems who have openly acknowledged the change of opinion, which I appreciate. Thank you.

The only reason I said to be more circumspect now was to try to shield you from the ire of the cultits for saying it like it is so openly, since not many of them simply are unable to comprehend the utterly mistaken nature of the beliefs in their chosen one, and hence are now lashing out due to the shock and dismay of recent events.
Thank you.

As for my change of heart about Imran Khan: It actually happened overnight when Imran's NA Speaker threw out the NCM in April 2022. At that point, I saw with clarity who Imran Khan really was: A stupid politician and a Fascist; I was his supporter till then. On the eve of the NCM, I had started a thread where Imran Khan was interviewed by anchor Imran Riaz Khan. That interview gave me hope that Imran Khan had a plan--a democratic plan-- to face the NCM. And it HAD to be democratic way! Once tabled in NA, any NCM has to be voted on. Benazir and Shaukat Aziz faced NCMs before. And I knew that if Imran was allowed to get away after committing such gross violation of the Const. of Pakistan then Pakistan was truly finished. So I parted ways with Imran then.

But, unlike you, I don't have a 'thick skin'. This forum's members started to redicule me over my changed position then. I tried to say that the path Imran was following was destructive for him and for Pakistan but there was no listening here. I couldn't take it anymore and combined with the pressures of a new job, I became largely absent from this forum for months.

You beat me to it.
Everybody loves China...but nobody wants to go there.

Leader: China good, USA bad
Coup: We don't like you anymore
Leader: USA save me, save me
US: WTF??
Why would Imran Khan apply for political asylum in USA, when China is a much better ally and has supported Pakistan, because it is in China's national interests.

Last edited:
1073840_2241672_kundi_updates.jpg

Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) Chairman Imran Khan would soon seek asylum in the United States, Minister of State for Poverty Alleviation and Social Safety Faisal Karim Kundi said Thursday.

In a press conference, Kundi, an office bearer of the Pakistan Peoples Party (PPP), said: “I am going to give you guys some news that I have received through my sources: Imran Khan will soon apply for political asylum in America.”

Khan’s party has been feeling the heat of the state’s might after his party workers burnt and smashed military installations, including the General Headquarters in Rawalpindi, after his arrest on May 9 — a day the army dubbed as “Black Day”.

Several party leaders and thousands of workers have been rounded up in connection with the violent protests and the army has insisted that the people involved in attacks on military installations be tried under the Pakistan Army Act and the Official Secrets Act.

A close aide of Khan, Asad Umar, has relinquished his posts of secretary general and core committee member, citing the ongoing situation.

Several party leaders and lawmakers — including Shireen Mazari, Aamir Mehmood Kiani, Malik Amin Aslam, Mahmood Moulvi, Aftab Siddiqui, Fayyazul Hassan Chohan among others — have publicly denounced the attacks on the state installations and announced leaving the former ruling party since the May 9 vandalism.

Defence Minister Khawaja Asif said the federal government was considering imposing a ban on the PTI after receiving evidence that the party’s supporters carried out “pre-planned” and “coordinated” attacks on public properties and military installations.

In his presser, Kundi said: “Soon, we will see news flashing on our TV screens that Imran Khan has applied for political asylum.”

“I want US congressmen to ask Imran Khan about the cases pending against him in America and Britain. That’s why, Khan isn’t able to go to the UK, but he’s trying to escape to America.”

yes I can confirm he is running away to USA..

wait...

what about ECL?

o_O

1073840_2241672_kundi_updates.jpg

Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) Chairman Imran Khan would soon seek asylum in the United States, Minister of State for Poverty Alleviation and Social Safety Faisal Karim Kundi said Thursday.

In a press conference, Kundi, an office bearer of the Pakistan Peoples Party (PPP), said: “I am going to give you guys some news that I have received through my sources: Imran Khan will soon apply for political asylum in America.”

Khan’s party has been feeling the heat of the state’s might after his party workers burnt and smashed military installations, including the General Headquarters in Rawalpindi, after his arrest on May 9 — a day the army dubbed as “Black Day”.

Several party leaders and thousands of workers have been rounded up in connection with the violent protests and the army has insisted that the people involved in attacks on military installations be tried under the Pakistan Army Act and the Official Secrets Act.

A close aide of Khan, Asad Umar, has relinquished his posts of secretary general and core committee member, citing the ongoing situation.

Several party leaders and lawmakers — including Shireen Mazari, Aamir Mehmood Kiani, Malik Amin Aslam, Mahmood Moulvi, Aftab Siddiqui, Fayyazul Hassan Chohan among others — have publicly denounced the attacks on the state installations and announced leaving the former ruling party since the May 9 vandalism.

Defence Minister Khawaja Asif said the federal government was considering imposing a ban on the PTI after receiving evidence that the party’s supporters carried out “pre-planned” and “coordinated” attacks on public properties and military installations.

In his presser, Kundi said: “Soon, we will see news flashing on our TV screens that Imran Khan has applied for political asylum.”

“I want US congressmen to ask Imran Khan about the cases pending against him in America and Britain. That’s why, Khan isn’t able to go to the UK, but he’s trying to escape to America.”
Oky fool

He already lost. Inhaling copium isn't beneficial for you. Just thank the Lord that you managed to settle in the developed world. As long as the army exists, no one can do anything it disapproves of.
He's lost this round, but if he leaves he'll lose everything. He still has majority support, he cannot leave without risking losing that support.

Anyway, it's a moot point now. IK has already said he has no plans on leaving, and the his name got added to the ECL as well.

Thank you.

As for my change of heart about Imran Khan: It actually happened overnight when Imran's NA Speaker threw out the NCM in April 2022. At that point, I saw with clarity who Imran Khan really was: A stupid politician and a Fascist; I was his supporter till then. On the eve of the NCM, I had started a thread where Imran Khan was interviewed by anchor Imran Riaz Khan. That interview gave me hope that Imran Khan had a plan--a democratic plan-- to face the NCM. And it HAD to be democratic way! Once tabled in NA, any NCM has to be voted on. Benazir and Shaukat Aziz faced NCMs before. And I knew that if Imran was allowed to get away after committing such gross violation of the Const. of Pakistan then Pakistan was truly finished. So I parted ways with Imran then.

But, unlike you, I don't have a 'thick skin'. This forum's members started to redicule me over my changed position then. I tried to say that the path Imran was following was destructive for him and for Pakistan but there was no listening here. I couldn't take it anymore and combined with the pressures of a new job, I became largely absent from this forum for months.
Oky fool

Back
Top Bottom