What's new

Ex-colonel part of spy network, AGP tells SC

Abu Zarrar

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
2136852-inamulraheemx-1578982531-526-640x480.jpg

ISLAMABAD:

The Supreme Court (SC) was informed on Tuesday that Colonel (retd) Inamur Rahim – in custody of military authorities and an advocate for the recovery of missing persons – was part of a spy network operating in the country.

Attorney General of Pakistan Anwar Mansoor Khan claimed that the former colonel had violated the Official Secret Act 1923 by leaking information concerning the Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI) and the country’s nuclear programme.

“He is a part of a network of spies. Some of his accomplices have been arrested while others will be detained soon,” said the attorney general.

Khan said the detained advocate would be denied permission to meet family members during the investigation period.

The bench noted that on prima facie, the evidence against Rahim was conclusive and also suspended an earlier Lahore High Court (LHC) order for the release of Rahim.

The high court had declared Rahim’s detention illegal and had directed law enforcement agencies to release him immediately.

“The detention of Mr Inamur Rahim advocate with military authorities is declared illegal and unlawful. He shall be released forthwith,” read the earlier LHC order.

The Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) government had challenged the decision in the apex court.

“He should be provided legal assistance as soon as the investigation is completed.”

Accepting Rahim’s counsel Tariq Saad’s request for time to frame arguments, the apex court adjourned the hearing for a week.

In Monday’s hearing, the three-judge bench comprising Justice Mushir Alam, Justice Mazhar Alam Khan Miankhel and Justice Syed Mansoor Ali Shah had directed government to present the former army officer in court and sought a written response that should detail the reason why the issue was of ‘national security’ and explain why the advocate was detained.

Source:https://tribune.com.pk/story/2136852/1-ex-colonel-part-spy-network-agp-tells-sc/

He is part of the same network, member of which was given death penalty by Army and one was given 14 years rigorous imprisonment.

2136852-inamulraheemx-1578982531-526-640x480.jpg

ISLAMABAD:

The Supreme Court (SC) was informed on Tuesday that Colonel (retd) Inamur Rahim – in custody of military authorities and an advocate for the recovery of missing persons – was part of a spy network operating in the country.

Attorney General of Pakistan Anwar Mansoor Khan claimed that the former colonel had violated the Official Secret Act 1923 by leaking information concerning the Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI) and the country’s nuclear programme.

“He is a part of a network of spies. Some of his accomplices have been arrested while others will be detained soon,” said the attorney general.

Khan said the detained advocate would be denied permission to meet family members during the investigation period.

The bench noted that on prima facie, the evidence against Rahim was conclusive and also suspended an earlier Lahore High Court (LHC) order for the release of Rahim.

The high court had declared Rahim’s detention illegal and had directed law enforcement agencies to release him immediately.

“The detention of Mr Inamur Rahim advocate with military authorities is declared illegal and unlawful. He shall be released forthwith,” read the earlier LHC order.

The Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) government had challenged the decision in the apex court.

“He should be provided legal assistance as soon as the investigation is completed.”

Accepting Rahim’s counsel Tariq Saad’s request for time to frame arguments, the apex court adjourned the hearing for a week.

In Monday’s hearing, the three-judge bench comprising Justice Mushir Alam, Justice Mazhar Alam Khan Miankhel and Justice Syed Mansoor Ali Shah had directed government to present the former army officer in court and sought a written response that should detail the reason why the issue was of ‘national security’ and explain why the advocate was detained.

Source:https://tribune.com.pk/story/2136852/1-ex-colonel-part-spy-network-agp-tells-sc/

No evidence, just allegation...

After he was all set to challenge appointment of cpec authority chairman against set procedures and laws, he has been apprehended.

However, if it is beyond doubt that he is involved in spying, he should be punished. If, however, spying charges are cover up for saving some people's jobs, then it is not justified and will be difficult to maintain in courts.

There is a constitutional provision that deals with how to pursue cases involving breach of national security. I hope it is being followed which is often not the case.

Something doesn’t seem right here... let’s see what other news surfaces

Army needs to do a lot of clean up seems the moles are omnipresent.

We brought this case on the surface to tell his handlers, what information he provided to RAW and how our agency playing this game with RAW via this puppet. The information he had on his laptop make some real and fake for the Indian media storyboard to create deception among people to make people believe it is true. This guy was something and our agency had eyes on him, waited for the right time to expose him.

Last edited:
guy had no means to access the said material that is allegedly leaked by him via a laptop later to be found by his accusers

this story has as much credibility as a story of a laptop found by western intelligence that jas all plans and communication about Iran's alleged nuclear ambitions
same laptop gets mentioned after every few years as a fresh evidence against the regime

I am just intrigued, the AG says that he did have, and you say he does not and i see your title says senior.

Who is lying? Whats tje backstory?

If you cant amswer thats fine i understand
guy had no means to access the said material that is allegedly leaked by him via a laptop later to be found by his accusers

this story has as much credibility as a story of a laptop found by western intelligence that jas all plans and communication about Iran's alleged nuclear ambitions
same laptop gets mentioned after every few years as a fresh evidence against the regime

Just allegations? I’m not invested in this story so excuse my ignorance but why would the bench state ‘evidence against Rahim was conclusive’ ...is this some sort of vendetta?
I need to do some more research me thinks..though I’ve a funny feeling I’ll be going round in circles.

I am just intrigued, the AG says that he did have, and you say he does not and i see your title says senior.
This senior is just a senior mod and AG represents state. This spy is in army custody and they don't arrest anyone without any reason.

Mmm, so not a state guy, just throwing allegations. Makes sense.
Mod means what? If you dont mind me asking?
This senior is just a senior mod and AG represents state. This spy is in army custody and they don't arrest anyone without any reason.

Mmm, so not a state guy, just throwing allegations. Makes sense.
Mod means what? If you dont mind me asking?
So do we think the obvious here ? That the spy / ring was being run by the Americans? Or is that an unknown at this point. More than likely we will never know... the ISI will probably use it as leverage unless they haven’t done so already.

Ok i went back and read the news article again and it does not point to a specific foreign actor. I googled as well but theres conficting info.

It says hes innocemt innocent trapped by pakistan army, or his lawyer was abducted by Pakistan armys..https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.th...-sc-suspends-release-order-of-detained-lawyer

Thats some deep intelligence shyt goin on there.
Me? Im clueless as fuk..
So do we think the obvious here ? That the spy / ring was being run by the Americans? Or is that an unknown at this point. More than likely we will never know... the ISI will probably use it as leverage unless they haven’t done so already.

Back
Top Bottom