What's new

Ertugrul and Pakistanis Identity Crisis

Sufis shrines under the protection of thousand years of Turks/Mughals rule.

They were not there to protect but to loot the place, it's like saying there are churches in pak/India and if it wasn't for the British raj and protection there would be no churches or Christians. Obviously the british are no longer here yet churches a d Christians exist without their protection.
Plus many of these so called muslim invaders like babur khiliji ghaznavi were known homosexuals and the death penalty stands in shariat for that, they attacked places of worship like somnath temple which is strictly prohibited in shariat even in war time never mind in peace time.

If it wasn't for Sufi awaliya islam would never have taken root in the subcontinent.

my identity is Jason Borne, but lately due to Corona virus I might identify myself with Walking deads. but in the same token majority Indians looking for their identity in child **** and beastiality during Corona crisis identity search.

Lol no identity crisis for western and indian media consumption in Pakistan - but one Turkish drama getting hit in Pakistan and these pseudo confused liberals start their usual BS.

They were not there to protect but to loot the place, it's like saying there are churches in pak/India and if it wasn't for the British raj and protection there would be no churches or Christians. Obviously the british are no longer here yet churches a d Christians exist without their protection.
Plus many of these so called muslim invaders like babur khiliji ghaznavi were known homosexuals and the death penalty stands in shariat for that, they attacked places of worship like somnath temple which is strictly prohibited in shariat even in war time never mind in peace time.

If it wasn't for Sufi awaliya islam would never have taken root in the subcontinent.

Pakistani christians converted after British conquest allowed missionary. I'm not saying Turk/mughal invaders were pious muslims but they played important role for Islam to flourish.

Pakistani christians converted after British conquest allowed missionary. I'm not saying Turk/mughal invaders were pious muslims but they played important role for Islam to flourish.

I understand where your coming from the primary objective of the British was to loot the place . Same with theses afghan/mongol invaders they didn't care about a religion which most of them didn't practice, indeed they preferred non muslims since they could tax them. Without Sufi awaliya who practised what they preached islam would never have taken off in the subcontinent. Today we dont worshipp the British colonialist as hero's even Christian in the subcontinent don't, similarly we don't need to worship these afghans/mongol invaders just because they happen to be Muslim.

I understand where your coming from the primary objective of the British was to loot the place . Same with theses afghan/mongol invaders they didn't care about a religion which most of them didn't practice, indeed they preferred non muslims since they could tax them. Without Sufi awaliya who practised what they preached islam would never have taken off in the subcontinent. Today we dont worshipp the British colonialist as hero's even Christian in the subcontinent don't, similarly we don't need to worship these afghans/mongol invaders just because they happen to be Muslim.

Mughals preferred anyone who could fund and support their empire. Pakistan region hardly 2% made up in mughal army unlike in British empire. But at the same time sufis/saints would never have been allowed under hindu rule.

Mughals preferred anyone who could fund and support their empire. Pakistan region hardly 2% made up in mughal army unlike in British empire. But at the same time sufis/saints would never have been allowed under hindu rule.

Either way we natives don't need to hero worship a group of foreign invaders who looted, killed and pillaged our people with the primary objective of enriching themselves just like we don't worshi the British invaders who happen to be Christian but whos main objective was to loot the place. We need celebrate our own heroes.

Guys this is just a TV series, not need to put too much emphasis on it.

And although I am not from Pakistan, I am proud of the great and magnificent history of my brothers there; there should be a doctrine problem blocking the historical and cultural transition, not an identity problem.

If I am not wrong Ertrugul was the founder of the Ottoman Empire right?
No, he was an marcher lord( Uç beyi ) of the Anatolian Seljuk state. He had succesfull services in protecting Anatolia against both Catholic occupations(Crusaders) and Mongolian invasions from the east throughout his life.

His son Osman, established an independent Ottoman principality near present-day Bursa, after Seljuks collapsed. On the other hand, his grandson Orhan Ghazi provided the development of the Ottoman Empire as a Balkan state. In the same period, it started to become a strong state by forming army with pedestrian and fortification elements along with turkis cavalry units. In the same period, the state gradually lost its national identity and started to become multinational.

Watching a Bollywood movie is a disgrace and subversion.
Watching a western movie, where the westerner is the hero and the darker races are bad guys or are saved by a westerner is also a subversion.

Our movie's, our heroes, will be good for our mind.

Pakistan has a film industry, most of which consist of mujra movies. Then you got these so-called liberals or intellectuals who start to fart when Islamic movies are made.

Islam is global, this includes all countries. So the heroes racial background don't count and it doesn't mean if Salahuddin is Kurdish then I am wannabe Kurdish.

No, he was an marcher lord( Uç beyi ) of the Anatolian Seljuk state. He had succesfull services in protecting Anatolia against both Catholic occupations(Crusaders) and Mongolian invasions from the east throughout his life.

His son Osman, established an independent Ottoman principality near present-day Bursa, after Seljuks collapsed. On the other hand, his grandson Orhan Ghazi provided the development of the Ottoman Empire as a Balkan state. In the same period, it started to become a strong state by forming army with pedestrian and fortification elements along with turkis cavalry units. In the same period, the state gradually lost its national identity and started to become multinational.
Accha just tell me one thing. Are Turkish people and Turkic people of the same race? Because Turkish people looks European and nothing like Mongoloid, Snub nose, small eyed Turkic people(Turkmens, Uyghurs, Kazakhs etc). How are Turkish from Central Asia? They don't have any Central Asian features at all.

@Hakikat ve Hikmet please tell

Turkish dramas are a phenomenon world wide, arabs have been consuming them more than Pakistanis. One major reason apart from 'identity' for this drama's success is that it is a world-class cultural product of a Muslim country, even Indians consume it. Identity does play a part in its popularity but its not racial rather it is Islamic, I don't think Pakistanis are that stupid to think they are turkish. The proof is the tableeghis flocking to the instagram profiles of Turkish Doshizas to teach them about Hijab. Turks might welcome this overwhelming interest in their product but they find typical Pakistani unhinged inquisitive tableegh - distasteful.

Accha just tell me one thing. Are Turkish people and Turkic people of the same race? Because Turkish people looks European and nothing like Mongoloid, Snub nose, small eyed Turkic people(Turkmens, Uyghurs, Kazakhs etc). How are Turkish from Central Asia? They don't have any Central Asian features at all.
Maybe I can take the weight from my compatriot and tell you this: genetically speaking, Turks are very much European and Middle Eastern, not Central Asian. Anatolia, for almost all of its history, had been a major destination of migration. For the last 200 years alone, we had seen huge waves of migrations from Balkans and Caucasus, and despite these people had a culture very different to ours, Turkish Culture integrated them and so; all of these people are Turks, even though none actually are. In the future, we would see how staying Syrians would experience a similar phenomena; just like how Albanians, Circassians, Laz and Lezgi of the Black Sea, Arabs of Hatay and Adana and heck, most of the Kurdish integrated into the greater national umbrella, that is Turkish identity. Knowingly or unknowingly, most Turkish actually cherish that, as we have a saying in Turkish claiming we are a nation of 72 ethnicities. So no, racially speaking Turks do not resemble our cousins in Central Asia at all.

That being said though, the most uniting factor of Turkish nationality is the language, which is of course, Turkic. In fact, Turkmen and Azeri is 99% intelligible to Turkish speakers and from music to food, we have much in common. Starting from the Tiele and Dingling of Siberia, we shared the same history. In fact, the cultural exchange between Anatolia and Central Asia was intact until the Russians settled to region properly, so even though we might be distant (or not as close as we used to be) now, this is a recent development. We should open the communications that were happening in the past, and encourage cultural exchange with these people. We are a vibrant, culture-producing, science-producing nation. We should capitalize on that and show our cousins that they don't have to depend on the bear, as the wolf too can be great on its own.

Maybe I can take the weight from my compatriot and tell you this: genetically speaking, Turks are very much European and Middle Eastern, not Central Asian. Anatolia, for almost all of its history, had been a major destination of migration. For the last 200 years alone, we had seen huge waves of migrations from Balkans and Caucasus, and despite these people had a culture very different to ours, Turkish Culture integrated them and so; all of these people are Turks, even though none actually are. In the future, we would see how staying Syrians would experience a similar phenomena; just like how Albanians, Circassians, Laz and Lezgi of the Black Sea, Arabs of Hatay and Adana and heck, most of the Kurdish integrated into the greater national umbrella, that is Turkish identity. Knowingly or unknowingly, most Turkish actually cherish that, as we have a saying in Turkish claiming we are a nation of 72 ethnicities. So no, racially speaking Turks do not resemble our cousins in Central Asia at all.

That being said though, the most uniting factor of Turkish nationality is the language, which is of course, Turkic. In fact, Turkmen and Azeri is 99% intelligible to Turkish speakers and from music to food, we have much in common. Starting from the Tiele and Dingling of Siberia, we shared the same history. In fact, the cultural exchange between Anatolia and Central Asia was intact until the Russians settled to region properly, so even though we might be distant (or not as close as we used to be) now, this is a recent development. We should open the communications that were happening in the past, and encourage cultural exchange with these people. We are a vibrant, culture-producing, science-producing nation. We should capitalize on that and show our cousins that they don't have to depend on the bear, as the wolf too can be great on its own.
Are Ottoman Turks racially similar to Mongols and Timurids I mean the people of Timurlane.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom