What's new

Erdoğan says Turkey will not approve Sweden and Finland joining NATO

I am not sure if Turkey has a future In NATO. I think most NATO nations are in favour of admitting Sweden and Finland and Turkey seems like a stranger in a NATO block.
Why so? I mean I don't see any correlation between two countries joining NATO and Turkey getting sidelined... Why so?

Let's see if he will follow through on this. Let Turkey veto Finland and Sweden joining NATO.

the turks are right not to trust sweden or finland, on several occasions these two countries have refused the extradition of pkk terrorists to turkey.
They are not allies.
The last block of NATO in Asia is in Turkey, the failure of the Anglo-Saxons in Iraq, in Afghanistan, in Syria proves that they are on the descent and need new allies.
If they lose Turkey, it will be the end of NATO's Black Sea presence.

clearly do not trust NATO
let's not forget the cowardice of NATO during the Russo-Turkish crisis

“IF THERE IS AN ATTACK ON TURKEY, SHOULD I DEFEND?”
A new survey, which emerged while hot developments were taking place, drew the public's reaction. "If there is an attack on Turkey, shall we defend it?" In the survey, which included the question, 11 percent of Swedes voted yes, while 55 percent voted no. Finns, on the other hand, answered yes by 5 percent and no by 69 percent.
they will not fight for us and why we will fight for them, they are not allies
so f**k you finns and swedes !!

1652793881489.png

Moreover, the Finns will not defend the USA, Romania, Greece or Poland.

I am not sure if Turkey has a future In NATO. I think most NATO nations are in favour of admitting Sweden and Finland and Turkey seems like a stranger in a NATO block.

Hi Zaki, long time no see.

On the topic:

You will find in us an ally animated by a spirit of whole-hearted collaboration and ready to take a full share in all the efforts directed towards the realisation of the aims of the Treaty to which we are now acceding.
Mehmet Fuat Köprülü
Speaking at the meeting of NATO foreign ministers in Lisbon, 20 February 1952

Our establishment is heavily pro-NATO. Always has been, always will be - even more so under the leadership of Erdoğan. I know that some folks in the Islamic world are actively trying to 'overlook' this 'minor' issue in Erdoğan's political orientation but it's the undeniable reality.

Libya, Afghanistan, Ukraine, Yugoslavia, Korea, Bosnia etc. wherever NATO's current theater is, our military isn't far away.

Turkey is more invested in the US military interventions disguised as NATO missions than some Western 'pillar nations' like France.

Truth to be told, a neutral Turkey is my personal dream and we should strive to achieve an independent foreign policy. On the other hand, even at the risk of being labeled as a fool who believes in conspiracy theories, the US would never leave us go - never.

We dont want to repeat the same mistakes. We will no longer tolerate the disregard of Turkey's national security. All these discussions stems from our desire not to take a step back on this issue. There is such great arrogance at the core of the matter.

Turkey has approached the NATO with as much responsibility and self-sacrifice as few other members can, and has fully fulfilled its duty all of these years. And today, We are the only NATO country that has faced the Russian forces militarily from the caucasus to africa. As for ISIS crisis, we were the only NATO country that fights against terrorism with its own army, not over with other proxy 'terrorist' organizations.

Almost all of the people that think Turkey should leave the union because we citing national security concerns are parasitic elements that didnt add any value to NATO. They are countries that are always cowardly towards Russia and avoid taking responsibility in many crises, as we seen recently.

We are not happy with carrying these cowards on our backs but geopolitics matters... However, if there is a party that has fulfilled its responsibilities and has legitimate reasonable demands, it is us.

Turkey has only one reasonable expectation from NATO member states and candidate states that want to become members: Stop targeting the territorial integrity and national security of the Turkish state. If this is indispensable, for the first time in NATO's history, the dissolution will be on the agenda.

Because Turkey will not leave the union. And you haven't seen anything yet. You will learn to respect Turkey's national interests. We hope you realize this quickly.

Last edited:
What issues does turkey has with sweden and finland?
Imagine China diplomatically supporting, militarily assisting, financially aiding and publicly taking in Maoist terrorists who have killed thousands of your people. Would India accept such a behavior? I don't think so.

And the Swedish have the audacity to make it even look like an act of humanity in front of the international public trying to damage Turkey's reputation.

He wants to take something in return, maybe some favorable economic or military deals for Turkey ...

I'm sure if European manage to crush Russians , then they will turn their destructive gaze toward Turkey ...

This is all for nothing, the US will toss some upgrades or a few defense deals and Turks will vote in favor.
1. This is not an issue with Erdogan. There are things Erdogan can and cannot do. The short minded approach of those who have no idea about the establishment and internal dynamics in Turkey, which equates Turkey with Erdogan, is now getting boring.

2. If it is the past practices of your own country and the inability to take a determined stance that enable you to reach this idea, it may not be the right analogy in such matters.

3. Our annual defense and aerospace exports to the USA are 1.5 billion dollars and will exceed 2 billion this year. Our imports are at a standstill due to the current CAATSA sanctions. We are learning to live without the US defense industry. What we will lose is export revenue, in return we have the opportunity to step out of license agreements and carry out our own modernizations to existing US systems.

4. Geopolitics is everything. One of the main principles of Europe's 500-year geopolitics is based on the necessity that Turks and Russians should not form military alliances. If you destroy NATO and push Turkey to Russia, you will close an era in Europe. It would be Europe's disaster to have to contend with both Turkey and Russia at the same time, while NATO lacks the capacity to effectively mobilize the necessary mechanisms, even against only Russia.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom