What's new

English Premier League - Previous Seasons

Being a gunner, what kind of an "overhaul" does arsenal require to be a legitimate threat to the likes of Man city, Man utd and liverpool

Throw Wenger out, replace him with Anceloti or any other Top class coach.
A world class striker like Henry
I wonder why Ospina is sidelined and only Cech is on the pitch most of the time.
Ospina is wasted like Arsenal waste Theo Walcott.

Didn't Arsenal just pay over $100 mill on 2 very good strikers, don't you think they should be given a bit more time to adjust (especially Aubameyang)? And if Aubameyang and Lacazette don't cut it, who do you have in mind?

Didn't Arsenal just pay over $100 mill on 2 very good strikers, don't you think they should be given a bit more time to adjust (especially Aubameyang)? And if Aubameyang and Lacazette don't cut it, who do you have in mind?

Main issue is Manager mate, I agree that these both needs more time on the pitch.
3-2-2-2-1 or 4-2-3-1 is too defensive lineup. At-least 2 strikers on front (as they both are good enough to play together). If they both click and they should as Ozil in their back than there's no need of another striker.

Throw Wenger out, replace him with Anceloti or any other Top class coach.
I wonder why Ospina is sidelined and only Cech is on the pitch most of the time.
Ospina is wasted like Arsenal waste Theo Walcott.
Not a striker i would say, they just paid MILLIONS (near 100 million i think) on two very good strike options in Aubameyang and Lacazette. What they need is someone to feed them alongside Ozil, A good keeper and a Full back who can act as distributor for MF and attacking midfielders.

Almost same for Liverpool i would say. If we are to challenge for top stop next season, LFC needs a defensive minded MF and may be another FB to partner VVD.

Its official, wenger is finally stepping down at the end of the season.

Attachments

• cate2.jpg
    cate2.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 25
Its official, wenger is finally stepping down at the end of the season.
Yup, its confirmed.

“After careful consideration and following discussions with the club, I feel it is the right time for me to step down at the end of the season,” said Wenger in a statement posted on Arsenal’s website. “I am grateful for having had the privilege to serve the club for so many memorable years.

“I managed the club with full commitment and integrity. I want to thank the staff, the players, the directors and the fans who make this club so special. I urge our fans to stand behind the team to finish on a high. To all the Arsenal lovers take care of the values of the club. My love and support for ever.”

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...ger-to-leave-arsenal-at-the-end-of-the-season

What we all consider a sport, a game, it is taken far far more seriously by those who are directly involved. It is not just a game but a whole tactical battle, that is planned and executed just like any well rehearsed war plan. A whole science behind what we see on TV really.

Below is an example, the scout report shared by LFC and dating back to 1984 Liverpool Roma Champions league final. This gives a good idea how the adversary is monitored, a tactical evaluation made and a plan devised to beat them at the given day. Not something new for many but still, really interesting read.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

LFC should get the UEFA Champions League Trophy

I still think RM will win UCL ,as impressive as liverpool's attacking trio is, their defense is just garbage. Nevertheless, RM vs Liverpool is going to be an exciting match to watch!

Last edited:
I still think RM will win UCL ,as impressive as their attacking trio is, their defense is just garbage. Nevertheless, RM vs Liverpool is going to be an exciting match to watch!

I am a fan of RM since their first Galáctico era, but football is not just about RM or Barca.
Seeing these two on top of champions league every year is too ordinary and frustrating.
LFC should go for CL trophy as in EPL they are still third and might just get to 2nd spot.

Back
Top Bottom