What's new

English Premier League - 2020/21 (update: 21/22)

Sorry mate. We deserve the europa league, nothing more. We need to earn our right to sit at the champion's table once more. For that, we must first of all be ruthless with our own dead weight.
Everyone is dead weight in the team besides Bruno. idk what ole has with mctominay or maguire or why he doesn’t play van de beek, it honestly baffles me, his tactics are crap and all he’s the only manager to replace players who were playing good first half with even worse players.

Sorry mate. We deserve the europa league, nothing more. We need to earn our right to sit at the champion's table once more. For that, we must first of all be ruthless with our own dead weight.
Pogba is the issue. He really has to go. His agent is a twat. The player is a twat. He has an attitude that can be compared to Modi.
Man U are not far from being back up their. In fact if you draw a league table from January - they would be top. Just stupid sloppy goals and twat Pogba. Just get rid.

Pogba is the issue. He really has to go. His agent is a twat. The player is a twat. He has an attitude that can be compared to Modi.
Man U are not far from being back up their. In fact if you draw a league table from January - they would be top. Just stupid sloppy goals and twat Pogba. Just get rid.
So true. The only relief at present is that it could be worse but pure luck and a run of "Fergie time" results has kept us in the top half. But you can't run an entire season on Fergie time.

and we are out of CL yaayyy!!! hopefully OLE will fk offf soon!

We dont deserve to be in the CL as things stand, simple as.

1) Average Manager: As a United legend I love Ole to bits but it is clear he is out of his depth as manager of a club of Uniteds standard. There are certainly positives with his time in charge and I feel he has directed the club back to the right path and made some decent acquisitions (Bruno especially). However he is not a manager who can lead us down the right path. Tactically he is naive, his man-management is poor (as seen by how he has handled the Pogba-Raiola situation) and he is extremely indecisive.

Last night for example we were down two goals and instead of making a decisive change after the second goal he decides to stick with 5 defenders and 2 defensive midfielders for another 20 odd minutes (till half time). We needed goals to get back in the game ASAP and the man felt that continuing to have 7 defensive minded players of the 10 outfield players on the pitch was a good idea (facepalm). We were lucky not to concede more. Clearly focus on defending is not working so why not expose Leipzigs flaw and take the game to them! They were making their fair share of mistakes at the back but we did not have the players and numbers upfront to capitalize on those mistakes.

OGS decision to not bring Fred off the other night against PSG was also mind-blowing. Anybody with a decent level of football knowledge knows that when a player like Fred is unstable, on a yellow and making rash challenges YOU BRING HIM OFF. Of course Fred gets a second yellow shortly after and we have a mountain to climb up.

2) Mentality: If you are playing in the CL you will be up against at worst decent teams. We however showed no respect to Istanbul and paid for it heavily. Our attitude during that game was terrible and its partially the managers duty to reinforce into every player the importance of every single game at this level. Instead we walked into that game thinking we had already won and paid for it.

3) Too many toxic and average/inconsistent Players: Here I dont think Ole can be completely blamed as the acquisitions of the likes of Pogba (toxic), Martial (inconsistent) and Shaw (average) predate him, but with players like these we dont deserve to be in the elite of European football. Too many players lack passion and/or simpy are not good enough to play at the elite level. Thankfully we have off-loaded many average players like Perreira or tocix ones like Pogba soon but the squad is still mediocare in many aspects.

4) Ed Woodward: Every United fan knows about this man and what he is doing to our club. We have been fooled by other clubs and paid ridiculous sums for the likes of Pogba and Maguire not to mention the ever so often never-ending transfer sagas like the Sancho debacle during the summer. Even with Bruno we had to wait half a season before we went for it (OGS wanted Bruno during the summer but due to Woodward we had to wait till the winter transfer period).

Last edited:
We dont deserve to be in the CL as things stand, simple as.

1) Average Manager: As a United legend I love Ole to bits but it is clear he is out of his depth as manager of a club of Uniteds standard. There are certainly positives with his time in charge and I feel he has directed the club back to the right path and made some decent acquisitions (Bruno especially). However he is not a manager who can lead us down the right path. Tactically he is naive, his man-management is poor (as seen by how he has handled the Pogba-Raiola situation) and he is extremely indecisive.

Last night for example we were down two goals and instead of making a decisive change after the second goal he decides to stick with 5 defenders and 2 defensive midfielders for another 20 odd minutes (till half time). We needed goals to get back in the game ASAP and the man felt that continuing to have 7 defensive minded players of the 10 outfield players on the pitch was a good idea (facepalm). We were lucky not to concede more. Clearly focus on defending is not working so why not expose Leipzigs flaw and take the game to them! They were making their fair share of mistakes at the back but we did not have the players and numbers upfront to capitalize on those mistakes.

OGS decision to not bring Fred off the other night against PSG was also mind-blowing. Anybody with a decent level of football knowledge knows that when a player like Fred is unstable, on a yellow and making rash challenges YOU BRING HIM OFF. Of course Fred gets a second yellow shortly after and we have a mountain to climb up.

2) Mentality: If you are playing in the CL you will be up against at worst decent teams. We however showed no respect to Istanbul and paid for it heavily. Our attitude during that game was terrible and its partially the managers duty to reinforce into every player the importance of every single game at this level. Instead we walked into that game thinking we had already won and paid for it.

3) Too many toxic and average/inconsistent Players: Here I dont think Ole can be completely blamed as the acquisitions of the likes of Pogba (toxic), Martial (inconsistent) and Shaw (average) predate him, but with players like these we dont deserve to be in the elite of European football. Too many players lack passion and/or simpy are not good enough to play at the elite level. Thankfully we have off-loaded many average players like Perreira or tocix ones like Pogba soon but the squad is still mediocare in many aspects.

4) Ed Woodward: Every United fan knows about this man and what he is doing to our club. We have been fooled by other clubs and paid ridiculous sums for the likes of Pogba and Maguire not to mention the ever so often never-ending transfer sagas like the Sancho debacle during the summer. Even with Bruno we had to wait half a season before we went for it (OGS wanted Bruno during the summer but due to Woodward we had to wait till the winter transfer period).

I know your frustrations and anger bro. I have many friends who are Man U supporters tearing their hair out. One has to understand to fire Ole today will not result in a change of results so perhaps it will happen by the end of the season.
I know as a Leeds supporter - how important to have the right leader in place. Bielsa - takes over a poor to average outfit - adds 3 players and uses what he has to have pretty much the same team couple of weeks ago teaching Everton (250 million spent in 2 years) a lesson or 2 - So Ole has to accept he is part of the problem.
As i have said to @masterchief_mirza (a Man U legend......sometimes) - the odd tweaking - getting a defender the likes of what Liverpool did with Van Dyk - there arent far from claiming the glory days. That Pogba is a negative stench and should be removed ASAP - Jose knows his football - and wasnt wrong. He attempts and thinks he is bigger than the club. That aint gonna happen with a club like Man U....

I agree with kambojaric
The issue is not pogba, yes pogba and his agents are twats and need to be sold asap, however saying pogba is the problem is just running away from the real problem. Last night pogba was the only player who played okay, we need to rebuild our defence entirely, I was a huge awb fan however this season he’s been crap. Maguire and lindelof are the worst duo I’ve ever seen in a United shirt...yes even Jones and smalling were better.
We need good players in the bench for out attacking players, we can’t be reliant on only Greenwood on the right and martial/rashford on the left, because they won’t always perform, this is why we need jadon sancho, because dan James is not the solution.
we need a replacement for pogba because he is a virus in the team and his bad attitude and his agents comments r just affecting the team, maybe a potential swap deal with juve would be nice.
finally we need a new manager, I love ole as a player but sorry as a manager he’s the worst I’ve seen, he tries new stuff every game, plays a back 5 when we won vs them with a back 4, doesnt play van de beek till half time, keeps on mctominay who’s been so crap this season, takes of telles when we need to attack to score and puts on shaw, but then takes off shaw...
we as fans also need to realise that changing managers every year will not benefit us in any way, it’s just going to repeat consistently. I believe we need to get rid of the board and Ed Woodward, get a good manager and stay with him for atleast 3 seasons and see how it goes, we need to put money into the club instead the glazers are taking it out. We need to get 2 players this January transfer window, we need to get rid of maguires captaincy and give it to Bruno, get rid of maguire.

Last night pogba was the only player who played okay
And why exactly did Pogba decide to turn up yesterday?

He needed to go during Mourinho's tenure. Had we sold him then and trusted Mourinho, we'd be challenging for the title.
we need to get rid of maguires captaincy and give it to Bruno,
This could be a very good idea. He has similarities to Neves of Wolves or David Silva and may benefit from being captain. Perhaps Maguire would also benefit from taking a break from captaincy. Fully agree with this.

I know your frustrations and anger bro. I have many friends who are Man U supporters tearing their hair out. One has to understand to fire Ole today will not result in a change of results so perhaps it will happen by the end of the season.
I know as a Leeds supporter - how important to have the right leader in place. Bielsa - takes over a poor to average outfit - adds 3 players and uses what he has to have pretty much the same team couple of weeks ago teaching Everton (250 million spent in 2 years) a lesson or 2 - So Ole has to accept he is part of the problem.
As i have said to @masterchief_mirza (a Man U legend......sometimes) - the odd tweaking - getting a defender the likes of what Liverpool did with Van Dyk - there arent far from claiming the glory days. That Pogba is a negative stench and should be removed ASAP - Jose knows his football - and wasnt wrong. He attempts and thinks he is bigger than the club. That aint gonna happen with a club like Man U....

Not an advocate of sacking OGS right now either. I am content with his performance given the circumstances in which he inherited his role, and overall feel that he has instilled a new optimism in United fans that was fading away following the Moyes, Van Gaal and Mourinho eras. For me a mutually agreed termination should take place during the summer of 2021 and the reason for that is because I strongly feel that he has taken United as far as he possibly can. To take the club to the next level and seriously challenge for trophies again however we need a more intelligent and decisive manager. He was good as a stop-gap measure but we wont be a serious top team to put it bluntly under OGS. At best we will be challenging for a CL position and if lucky nick a domestic trophy.

Sell pogba, buy upamecano, play a midfield of 4 without mactominay, play Fred or matic in his stead and potentially buy a winger such as sancho, and we should we contesting for top (hopefully)

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom