What's new

English Premier League - 2020/21 (update: 21/22)

Sallam guys, so ManU fan base is excited? They look set to end 2020 on a high. The questions is,,,,, how long they can sustain it? The base is missing to be honest and despite some EXCELLENT run of results, i still see them to be fighting for top 4 at best. Not to mention that every other rival struggling a bit is helping a lot as well.

What about Leeds? what a welcoming addition they have been to PL, very very exciting team to watch.

Liverpool also seem to be doing JUST OK with all the injuries they are having, once again, this season is very close to call just yet. For what we have seen in past few years, NEVER discount ManCity either. Also Spurs are doing very well. Chelsea also getting back in shape. Exciting times ahead.

Sallam guys, so ManU fan base is excited? They look set to end 2020 on a high. The questions is,,,,, how long they can sustain it? The base is missing to be honest and despite some EXCELLENT run of results, i still see them to be fighting for top 4 at best. Not to mention that every other rival struggling a bit is helping a lot as well.

What about Leeds? what a welcoming addition they have been to PL, very very exciting team to watch.

Liverpool also seem to be doing JUST OK with all the injuries they are having, once again, this season is very close to call just yet. For what we have seen in past few years, NEVER discount ManCity either. Also Spurs are doing very well. Chelsea also getting back in shape. Exciting times ahead.
we are two points off loserpool exciting season ahead just need to get a good striker and a good defender in jan and things can get interesting!

I just had a fearful thought. Will arsenal be relegated?
They are more likely to end in top 10!
Brother Arsalan doing great, it would be next to impossible to catch him now.

View attachment 700579

View attachment 700581
Enjoying my best season so far! Ranked in 20s in Pakistan right now which is a big deal for me! 27 to be exact. Overall rank at around 11k which also is my best so far!
Untitled.jpg

Last edited:
we are two points off loserpool exciting season ahead just need to get a good striker and a good defender in jan and things can get interesting!
You will be the first one crying about how you want to kill Pogba, how Woodward is shit and how Ole needs to be sacked as he is just not good enough :lol:
Thing is, Liverpool-United rivalry aside, as i said, while United got an excellent run of results, the BASE is missing to get these results consistently. At the end of the season they are likely to be fighting for CL spot. Wait and watch. :)

I think Juventus want Ozil especially if Arsenal pay part of his wage.
Arsenal have got some nice talent bubbling under and to thrash Chelsea shows you how strong they are when they get it right.
Man Utd are now considered serious title contenders - still think Ole management is slightly naive.

United have an outside chance yes but it is slim. We are far too reliant on Bruno and an injury to him, which can happen given how this season is, would have a serious negative impact on our campaign. That coupled with OGS naivety are serious drawbacks. The Leeds game was a perfect game for us given the amount of open space you leave at the back, which is exactly what the likes of Rashford, Mason and James want. Yesterday we struggled however and somehow got a win (deflection) but serious question marks remain when we have to break down solid defences (park the bus strategy). The fact that Man U is at the top has just as much to do with Utds performance as it has to do with City and Liverpool dropping points left and right.

Not getting carried away here . Cautious optimism :lol:

What a delight they are! The other day against United they were several goals down and instead of breaking down they just kept fighting. A small part of me (the unbiased football fan) was actually happy when they got their goal :D

You will be the first one crying about how you want to kill Pogba, how Woodward is shit and how Ole needs to be sacked as he is just not good enough :lol:
Thing is, Liverpool-United rivalry aside, as i said, while United got an excellent run of results, the BASE is missing to get these results consistently. At the end of the season they are likely to be fighting for CL spot. Wait and watch. :)
or probably lift the trophy!
as ronaldo say "future only god knows"

Wsalam Arsalan

Man U fans like Mr @masterchief_mirza will be stick their 52 inch chests out - amazing what a couple of solid results will do?
You are right about Leeds - i still am focused on surviving and getting 38 points and then calling it a good season.
Liverpool have surprised me. The loss of Van Dijk i thought would hit them badly. It hasnt and they look a good bet to do it again this year.
Topsy turvy season where everyone seems to be beationg each other - Chelsea looked like world beaters and now cant win a game. Spurs keep dropping points and Villa keep surprising us - indeed exciting season ahead as long as Covid stays away. BTW never right off Man City especially when potentially a player like Messi may be joining them in January!

Wsalam Arsalan

Man U fans like Mr @masterchief_mirza will be stick their 52 inch chests out - amazing what a couple of solid results will do?
You are right about Leeds - i still am focused on surviving and getting 38 points and then calling it a good season.
Liverpool have surprised me. The loss of Van Dijk i thought would hit them badly. It hasnt and they look a good bet to do it again this year.
Topsy turvy season where everyone seems to be beationg each other - Chelsea looked like world beaters and now cant win a game. Spurs keep dropping points and Villa keep surprising us - indeed exciting season ahead as long as Covid stays away. BTW never right off Man City especially when potentially a player like Messi may be joining them in January!
Basically, I don't care what happens or who wins as long as it ain't liverpool.

The important point to be made is actually about man city. If they win their game in hand over Liverpool then they're only 3 points off them I think. And Pep will be raging at them to not roll over this season - I'm not sure Messi will come though.

Leeds are a joy to behold, regardless of Karen Carney's backhanded comments. Honestly, the way they play and their very presence brings a nostalgic 90's feel to English football. Bielsa is a legend. The big concern for Leeds is strengthening next summer. Look what happened to Sheff Utd 2nd season up.

Basically, I don't care what happens or who wins as long as it ain't liverpool.

The important point to be made is actually about man city. If they win their game in hand over Liverpool then they're only 3 points off them I think. And Pep will be raging at them to not roll over this season - I'm not sure Messi will come though.

Leeds are a joy to behold, regardless of Karen Carney's backhanded comments. Honestly, the way they play and their very presence brings a nostalgic 90's feel to English football. Bielsa is a legend. The big concern for Leeds is strengthening next summer. Look what happened to Sheff Utd 2nd season up.

Leeds and Sheff Utd are chalk and cheese yaar. Wilder signed Brewster that couldnt get into the Liverpool side as his main summer signing and lost his best player Henderson.
Leeds have focused on their youth and have got perhaps 3 or 4 diamonds coming through.
Rodrigo and Ralphini are huge signings that will be built on. Leeds havent got a central defender - all 3 are out with injuries yet have coped ok. The way they play - there is a chance of them getting battered occasionally but on the whole they have entertained to the max. I cant remember a game Sheff Utd played last year that was memorable?
Leeds have got a strong investor that hopefully will add to the junior talent and current 1st team. Im keeping my chest still pumped in but am quietly excited that we aint no Sheff Utd.....

Leeds and Sheff Utd are chalk and cheese yaar. Wilder signed Brewster that couldnt get into the Liverpool side as his main summer signing and lost his best player Henderson.
Leeds have focused on their youth and have got perhaps 3 or 4 diamonds coming through.
Rodrigo and Ralphini are huge signings that will be built on. Leeds havent got a central defender - all 3 are out with injuries yet have coped ok. The way they play - there is a chance of them getting battered occasionally but on the whole they have entertained to the max. I cant remember a game Sheff Utd played last year that was memorable?
Leeds have got a strong investor that hopefully will add to the junior talent and current 1st team. Im keeping my chest still pumped in but am quietly excited that we aint no Sheff Utd.....

Their comeback to draw 2-2 with Chelsea and their victory over arsenal were impressive. Some of their late season games were exciting with Egan and Lundstram on the rampage, so I think you're being a tad harsh on your Yorkshire pals. However you're right that Leeds are far superior and it seems like some foundation is being laid to build on. Tell you what, put Liverpool in their place, and we'll preferentially sell you our unwanted Frenchman.

s
Their comeback to draw 2-2 with Chelsea and their victory over arsenal were impressive. Some of their late season games were exciting with Egan and Lundstram on the rampage, so I think you're being a tad harsh on your Yorkshire pals. However you're right that Leeds are far superior and it seems like some foundation is being laid to build on. Tell you what, put Liverpool in their place, and we'll preferentially sell you our unwanted Frenchman.

Ok il take that back but please for the love of god - you keep him. Last Frenchman at Elland road you nicked (Eric le god) changed your club. Give Mr Pogba another 5 years and he will make Man U a super club (or perhaps not!
Going to Elland road in a bit - son (6 year old) wants that red shirt that Leeds played in last night. Gna be another £70 not well spent! Do you want me to get you one?

s

Ok il take that back but please for the love of god - you keep him. Last Frenchman at Elland road you nicked (Eric le god) changed your club. Give Mr Pogba another 5 years and he will make Man U a super club (or perhaps not!
Going to Elland road in a bit - son (6 year old) wants that red shirt that Leeds played in last night. Gna be another £70 not well spent! Do you want me to get you one?
Bro that sounds like a proper unique shirt. Make sure your son treasures it forever. I shall pass on this particular generous offer but I will hold you to that previous offer of watching a game at Elland Road... once restrictions are eased!

Here's what happened to my Hughes 10 Man Utd white with three red stripes iconic Cup Winner's Cup replica shirt from the 1991 final vs Barcelona. It was the first shirt I ever bought and planned to keep it forever.

Kept it neatly folded in my cupboard until my teen years. I left for uni and came back one holiday. To my horror, my mother had had "a clear out of old clothes for charity" in my absence.

Bro that sounds like a proper unique shirt. Make sure your son treasures it forever. I shall pass on this particular generous offer but I will hold you to that previous offer of watching a game at Elland Road... once restrictions are eased!

Here's what happened to my Hughes 10 Man Utd white with three red stripes iconic Cup Winner's Cup replica shirt from the 1991 final vs Barcelona. It was the first shirt I ever bought and planned to keep it forever.

Kept it neatly folded in my cupboard until my teen years. I left for uni and came back one holiday. To my horror, my mother had had "a clear out of old clothes for charity" in my absence.

Bless your mama.
Back in the day i went to a charity auction and bought a signed no 10 shirt that Pele had worn. Was too scared to tell mum what i paid for it - especially when she insisted on it going into the garage. She couldnt see the point of having a second hand slightly yellow stained shirt on the wall!

We may have to wait till next season to watch Leeds - i can wait as long as they're in the premiership i can sure wait!

Can't wait to wipe the smiles off the faces of Salah and Klopp.

There hasn't been a Utd Liverpool title race for a long long time...I genuinely can't remember one in the last 30 years.

@Musings ?

Can't wait to wipe the smiles off the faces of Salah and Klopp.

There hasn't been a Utd Liverpool title race for a long long time...I genuinely can't remember one in the last 30 years.

@Musings ?
To be honest - Man U have a fantastic opportunity IMO - but it’s a really weird season sir. Any of the top 10 teams can on their day beat anyone. Whichever team can string a few results together can make a claim. What last night showed was Pogba when given the cuddle can be like having a new signing. Rashford looked good too.

Back
Top Bottom