What's new

Egypt: Rafale FREMM Deal Imminent?

But 23-26 for 3.6 billion Euro that insanely too much that't more than 200 million $ per plane unbelievably insane.

Sorry to say that but it's realye big number.

I think Indian will either pay 200 mil a piece or they should stick with the MKI.

They will jack up the price of Rafale and adjust it for Fremms just to scr@w India over :(

Thats what I'd do!

But 23-26 for 3.6 billion Euro that insanely too much that't more than 200 million $ per plane unbelievably insane.

Sorry to say that but it's realye big number.

I think Indian will either pay 200 mil a piece or they should stick with the MKI.

Guys wait a second I think Iraq is helping don't get wondered Iraq is giving Egypt lots of oil and I think all that is for lower price so the Egyptians going to make some use of it.

Deal will probably include training of techinical and maintenance cadres, pilot training, infrastrucre, and armament )plus everything else required to induct a platform). The flyaway (or production) cost of the aircraft is always a significantly lower number than the actual procurement cost.

They will jack up the price of Rafale and adjust it for Fremms just to scr@w India over :(

Thats what I'd do!
Shelf it and go for more MKI and start your own Rafale you are made great progress lately you already made your aesa radar.

see you can go for 36 rafale just to give you some punch plus you can ask for some electronic ToT for 6 billion.

Last edited:
Shelf it and go for more MKI and start your own Rafale you are made great progress lately you already made your aesa radar.

see you can go for 36 rafale just to give you some bunch plus you can ask for some electronic ToT for 6 billion.

I guess thats not ideal but an option we can live with. We are kinda in a position where time is a luxury, otherwise lots of silver clouds on the horizon.

Also, I have no trust on our AF leaders. All corrupt, beyond description. I won't be surprised if the Indian and Pakistani generals meet once a year in Dubai for a grand party sponsored by the French and Israelis and Chinese and Russians as its a big boys club where everyone's rich and happy... while we are used for shouting slogans and footing the bill!

I guess thats not ideal but an option we can live with. We are kinda in a position where time is a luxury, otherwise lots of silver clouds on the horizon.

Also, I have no trust on our AF leaders. All corrupt, beyond description. I won't be surprised if the Indian and Pakistani generals meet once a year in Dubai for a grand party sponsored by the French and Israelis and Chinese and Russians as its a big boys club where everyone's rich and happy... while we are used for shouting slogans and footing the bill!
:enjoy: Can't agree no more it's the same in my country even the corruption is worst.

The Egyptian military budget is also 2 times bigger than Azerbaijan's.

"Azerbaijan’s Defense Spending Hits $4.8 Billion"

Silk Road Reporters

As for real figures about Egypt's military budget, not random numbers on wikipedia or elsewhere;

"The state budget allocation for Egypt’s military is set to rise by LE3.4 billion (approx. $0.5 billion) in the 2013/14 fiscal year to reach some LE31 billion (approx. $4.4 billion)"

Most recent figure talks about a military budget of $4.4 billion (for 2014).

Egypt military budget allocations to reach LE31 bn in 2013/14: Source - Economy - Business - Ahram Online

Though I don't know why you even compared Egypt and Azerbaijan in the first place.

Last edited:

Silk Road Reporters

As for real figures about Egypt's military budget, not random numbers on wikipedia or elsewhere;

"The state budget allocation for Egypt’s military is set to rise by LE3.4 billion (approx. $0.5 billion) in the 2013/14 fiscal year to reach some LE31 billion (approx. $4.4 billion)"

Egypt military budget allocations to reach LE31 bn in 2013/14: Source - Economy - Business - Ahram Online

Though I don't know why you even compared Egypt and Azerbaijan in the first place.

The state budget allocation does not cover the entire or 'real' military budget. The military's own corporate empire and enterprises 'top that figure' up.

Silk Road Reporters

The last reported budget for 2014 was more than $7.8 billion ( plus the annual $1.5 billion from US) = $9.3 billion

Silk Road Reporters

BTW, Azerbaijan's $4.8 billion budget that you are talking about is not for procuring weapons, it's just for maintenance, personnel salaries, and keeping the machines running, not for procuring weapons. Otherwise , tell me about any new weapons deals for Azerbaijan This year? or, what heavy weapons do they manufacture ? to include in the budget !

BTW, Azerbaijan's $4.8 billion budget that you are talking about is not for procuring weapons, it's just for maintenance, personnel salaries, and keeping the machines running, not for procuring weapons. Otherwise , tell me about any new weapons deals for Azerbaijan This year? or, what heavy weapons do they manufacture ? to include in the budget !

you should probably seek better knowledge on how a budget works
about half of it is allocated for procurement.

you should probably seek better knowledge on how a budget works
about half of it is allocated for procurement.

And you MUST seek more knowledge and man up, and tell me about those procurements that resulted of the increase in 2014 budget? huh? or shut up maybe?

Listen son, you listen to me and you listen good, you can't disagree with me, i'm the master of this forum, whatever i say is what goes ! NO ONE CAN DISAGREE WITH ME ! and especially not a human !

WASTELAND REIGNS ! WASTELAND DOMINATES !

Last edited:
Deal is reached.

Sisi: I previously asked the French President to provide us with equipment with taking into account 1)having them as soon as possible 2)less cost and paying with loan that we can afford 3)having them according to standards the same you use. and we received their approval. I found a great co-operation with President Hollande who represents his people, so I would like to greet and thank the French President and the French People.

:mad:
Don't you dare buy Rafale before us.:astagh:
We want to haggle with the Frenchies to bring the plane in at a low price.:bounce:
Yep stop playing cricket with Egypt :D Higher chances are your country will buy what every one knew from the very start :lol:

Deal is reached.

Sisi: I previously asked the French President to provide us with equipment with taking into account 1)having them as soon as possible 2)less cost and paying with loan that we can afford 3)having them according to standards the same you use. and we received their approval. I found a great co-operation with President Hollande who represents his people, so I would like to greet and thank the French President and the French People.

Where did you see/read that ?
Great.
@Mahmoud_EGY @Frogman

Back
Top Bottom