What's new

Education spending

Ahmad Sajjad Paracha

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Hey folks,
So as recent budget has been passed. I was thinking of discussion regarding budget fixed for education and how it's allocated and comparison with other countries espacially our regional countries. Also if could compare the budget allocation of last 5 years,we can see if any improvement is made or not. Education is the most important sector in any country yet it is ignored and if we keep on ignoring our education system and how government is actually utilising the budget since last few years(sadly much is unutilised)we can not expect our nation to progress. So i'll encourage all of my fellow members to participate in this discussion and also provide sources for confirmation of statistics. I'll be sharing info too some of which is quite alarming too.
@@Indus Pakistan @Indus Priest King @Pan-Islamic-Pakistan @war&peace @Saif al-Arab@HannibalBarca @Ahmad Sajjad Paracha @Ahmet Pasha @iqbal Ali @newb3e @AfrazulMandal @Zuraib Qasit Khan Deccani @Luffy 500 @M.R.9 @Kambojaric @Army research @Champion_Usmani @Clutch@Areesh @Zibago@django @Horus @Mentee @maximuswarrior @Imran Khan @Reichsmarschall@Talwar e Pakistan @ThanatosI @Windjammer @RiazHaq @WebMaster @TMA @DESERT FIGHTER@Desert Fox @waz@Mugwop @Albatross @RealNapster @Dalit @Ocean @Starlord @hussain0216@AZADPAKISTAN2009 @Azadkashmir @Taimoor Khan @Cobra Arbok

I would argue that along with defence education deserves the largest slice of spending. We spend far too little on education. The budget for education is shambolic. If Pakistan wants to become a knowledge based economy which it should, it must invest heavily in quality education.

You could allocate all of your budget to education dept. But without creating demand for the professionals it would still be a waste of resources. The collective pakistani social fabric is quite toxic when it comes to empirical sciences as from the child hood a common Pakistani kid is programmed into becoming a bao ,clerk/csp or a puls vala for the simple reason coz these guys hold a danda with unbridled state power at their disposal from a very young age.

The solution would be to scrap the direct induction of any tom dick and harry into civil service and instead reserve the prime provincial and federal bureaucratic slots strictly for the phd's/ professionals on contract basis.

In other words only the master and not the jack gets to hold the danda .This way we could not only put the civil service back on track but could also effectively build a scientific temper among the Pakistanis . Puttar science parh vda afsar lgy ga and not putar m.a angraizi kr k maqaably da imtihaan pass kr ty saaray mulk da bhatta ba dy ----------

Besides finding no direct access to gazetted civilian posts the faujis would also gonna stick to their profession so no more complaints of "encroachment" from the serving lot of clerks.

However while we the people discuss about the plans on how to make our nation great again the plot gets thicker . What if iam a politician, beaurucrat , general, fuedal or an industrialist and my kid is too dumb to even read basic science so dumb that he could even ruin an establish business but the law says only a professional with so and so years of experience what to do then? Well lets just stick to the bps 22 clerks supervising the professionals and keep asking imf and others payan 500 ropay dia j kharcha nae poora horia

Last edited:
i dont know about country budget but my son's schooling is killing me it seems we are paying lakhs of rupees for nothing . its waste of money i honestly thinking so . if i collect all of the money i spend on his education he can have 5-7 crores at age 18 and he no need any job .

Yeah spend more on education, meanwhile don't create any type of jobs. There are already millions of educated unemployed personal. Governmental institutions are already in losses because of mass recruitments and there are only limited amount of jobs in private sector. You create more supply(educated people), you lower their demand hence lowering their pay, hence lowering the standard of living/providing for their family. Similarly, you have to provide benefits to international companies to start setting up in Pakistan. It lowers the transactional cost for a freelancer(or self employed).

Just a day ago there was a thread on a BSc. Aeronautical Engineer, selling Sharbat, though 4 years Bachelors with no experience isn't much to start but atmost the guy would have landed a job of 20k-30k Pkr, that is like minimum wage, a person would rather prefer to sell sharbat than do a 9-5 job earning minimum wage. That's issue with demand and supply.

The counter argument is but an educated person can start business bla bla... No he can't, he needs capital, sure one can take loans through a retardly hectic process, but you already increased the risk, when you opted for a loan. And if that person some how fails in his adventure, it only leads to depression and suicide. You have your neighboring country(India) to learn from. Don't create un-employable suicidal P.h.d zombies who apply for a peon jobs. Create demand, and then you can put whatever amount you want in education afterwards.

i dont know about country budget but my son's schooling is killing me it seems we are paying lakhs of rupees for nothing . its waste of money i honestly thinking so . if i collect all of the money i spend on his education he can have 5-7 crores at age 18 and he no need any job .

Home schooling krva lo matric fsc k bad kisi professional line m dal dyna koi zaada kharcha nae ho ga . Nakhry or badtameezi krna sikhaty hain practical life sy koi link nae mummy dady schooling ka

Home school the kid, with tuition. Save money for him for business. It's pointless sending a kid to ratta cultured school system. The only thing school is good for is discipline, nothing more. Rather have personal tutor for whatever your child is good at. Go for focused training.

i would say german style dual education those that want to become academics go on to further education and those are that more into practical education go into skilled jobs.

Home school the kid, with tuition. Save money for him for business. It's pointless sending a kid to ratta cultured school system. The only thing school is good for is discipline, nothing more. Rather have personal tutor for whatever your child is good at. Go for focused training.

Exactly and save yourself of this color day , water day , motherday, saturday etx scams. yeh bachy ko bap ka bap bnany ki koshish krty hain

i would say german style dual education those that want to become academics go on to further education and those are that more into practical education go into skilled jobs.
skilled(labor) jobs aren't paid as much here. There, they have equality of pay, untill you change the system and introduce equla pay, close the wealth gap, its pointless. Udher, appointment lainey parti hai pipe theek karwanay k liye, izzat hoti hai, idher pipe theek karnay waly ko 300 Rs hi milta hai....

Home schooling krva lo matric fsc k bad kisi professional line m dal dyna koi zaada kharcha nae ho ga . Nakhry or badtameezi krna sikhaty hain practical life sy koi link nae mummy dady schooling ka
my wife want it sir . its ridiclus amount .you know my entire educational expeses were less then his 1 year education fee .

my wife want it sir . its ridiclus amount .you know my entire educational expeses were less then his 1 year education fee .

Bharjai no aakho munda justice league chy nao bharti krvana bs 16 jamaata pass krani ny :D

Same thing my parents tell me.I am 17 and one thing I have noticed is that school's are the most profitable businessess.

Is he studying O/A levels or Federal board? If he is studying O/A levels then he doesn't have to go to any school, he should straight up skip grade 8(O1), O1 is a waste of time. Send him to a reputable private tuition instead of a school. This is not only a cost effective solution but this will also reduces the amount of stress and allows him more time for past paper practice. Reducing alcohol consumption will also help ease some of your financial stress as alcohol is quite expensive.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom