What's new

Ecuador loses another Dhruv helo to crash

@Etilla
source is Commodore Sanjeev Israr who is defence attache in Chile Embassy and coordinates with Ecuador AF.

Anyways the photo you posted is of the Jan 27 incident I was talking of the Jan 13 incident which was a emergency landing in a dam due to pilot error.

While the latest incidents are inder investigations EAF said the previous two crashes were due to human error.

La Hora Móvil
Nacional

Hal has delivered total of 181 Dhruvs to Indian military and paramilitary as of Jan 20 and there have five writeoffs the three crash landings have been repaired.

BUT most Importantly HAL Dhruvs record is much better than your Pak military’s record with Mushak, 9 mushaks have crashed since april 2010 and 8 were complete writeoffs.

Aviation Safety Network > ASN Aviation Safety WikiBase > ASN Aviation Safety Database results

Show statement from Commodore Israr

The video i posted showed how defective and faulty the disaster called Dhruv is.

Remember J&K floods when not a single Dhruv was flying because of regular grounding.

Brilliant. Call me a **** just because i am showing proof of defective products

Lol,we have been operating over 200 of these choppers for the last 14 years and only 5 of them have crashed since it's inception.Now India operates these choppers in all kinds of environments and still the crash rate is negligible compared to the other choppers in our inventory.On the other hand the Equadorian Air Force has crashed 4 out of it's 7 choppers since the last 8 years,so it certainly raises the question on the training of the Equadorian Air Force's pilots:coffee:!!
But then you guys don't accept when Russians say that they fly Migs fine but Indians are crashing them to pilot error and poor maintenance !

But then you guys don't accept when Russians say that they fly Migs fine but Indians are crashing them to pilot error and poor maintenance !
Eh?
Look up the National news papers in India for a change. Its been clearly mentioned time and again that lack of AJT (Advanced Jet Trainers) was causing real problems with the pilots who were unable to handle the jump from Kiran to MiG 21 - a very unforgiving machine.

Lot of pilot errors.

And that led to fast tracking the AJT purchase - Hawk - and since then Pilot training has improved by leaps and bounds.

Along with maintenance problems - which was a Russian issue by the way. Spares for Russian jets are hard to come by particularly after the dissolution of Soviet Union.

I cant understand a singgle word from that report.Can u provide me with an english or urdu link???

well i won't understand a word of urdu but i can post english via google translate

Commander killed opposed purchasing Dhruv

February 3, 2010. The then commander of the FAE, General Jorge Gabela, came to the National Assembly and denounced persecution. This officer had opposed the purchase of the Dhruv helicopters of Indian origin, this January 27, 2015 recorded the fourth accident since 2009. His family remember who was the victim of persecution since denounced the media all these facts . Gabela was shot the morning of December 19, 2010. This event occurred in the doorway of her home in a citadel of Samborondon. He died 10 days after being with care. In April 2012, the X Court of Criminal Guarantees of Guayas convicted persons under investigation for the murder and said everything was a criminal act caused by an attempted robbery. In an earlier interview with this newspaper, Gabela's widow, Patricia Ochoa, said that while he has no proof, evidence and your heart will say that the death of her husband was due to oppose the purchase of the Dhruv.

How is it that Ecuador has managed to crash almost half its fleet! Either HAL sent them factory rejects or their chopper pilots cant fly worth a damn!
Sir pay attention to bold parts these pilots are also trained on this machine by HAL or IAF..

Sir pay attention to bold parts these pilots are also trained on this machine by HAL or IAF..
Indeed. I am blaming India either ways.
We sold it, we are responsible for it and for the pilots.

There is a slip between the cup and lip here.

More than a dozen have crashed domestically and more would have crashed but the Dhruv fleet thankfully remains grounded most of the time.

Ecuador which operates several bigger helicopters and jets seems to have no problem with them

The Dhruv is a disaster
Hi,

Being your neighbour I would respectfully disagree here sir. Youre discounting the fact that you have gained a valubale experience which can be used later to make new helis. At least it is operational not in testing phase unlike other products plus making Helis isnt much of an easy job

Indeed. I am blaming India either ways.
We sold it, we are responsible for it and for the pilots.

There is a slip between the cup and lip here.

It has effectively put an end to any military sales to South/Latin America

More than a dozen have crashed domestically and more would have crashed but the Dhruv fleet thankfully remains grounded most of the time.

Ecuador which operates several bigger helicopters and jets seems to have no problem with them

The Dhruv is a disaster
And genius where you got all the news (in your sleep). Provide some link so that we also become smarter like you. Do not post moronic post without backing it up. Simply wasting time of others.

Hi,

Being your neighbour I would respectfully disagree here sir. Youre discounting the fact that you have gained a valubale experience which can be used later to make new helis. At least it is operational not in testing phase unlike other products plus making Helis isnt much of an easy job

Designing was anyways done by the Germans. Eurocopter was even paid license fees initially. The problem is that it is ruining our foreign relations in South/Latin America and creating a very negative impression about Indian products globally. Suppose we want to export Pinaka tomorrow the brand value will be negatively impacted as it is of Indian origin.

Designing was anyways done by the Germans. Eurocopter was even paid license fees initially. The problem is that it is ruining our foreign relations in South/Latin America and creating a very negative impression about Indian products globally. Suppose we want to export Pinaka tomorrow the brand value will be negatively impacted as it is of Indian origin.
Hi,

I agree but you should know this is your first attempt its not as if indian has been producing military equipments and has been exporting it since its inception, Its been a while since you guys came to the market, so i would all this is a learning experience if criticism are taken as positive feedback and rectified

Nothing of that sort

Brahmos designed by Russia

Tejas designed by BAE and Dassault

Kolkata Class designed by Russia

Arihant class designed by Russia

Tejas is designed by HAL, France was added as a consultant for a period of time. There were several designs of Tejas, one with canards, one with cracked delta. Dont know where they came it. Dont even know their full involvement.

Kolkata is designed by Indian navys own design bureau and is an evolved version of Delhi class, which it designed as well. And another design, an evolved Kolkata is designed by them too and being built right now.

Arihants own SLBMs are Indian, and the platform is made for them. Russia helped in it's nuclear powerpack if I remember correctly, and the Indian side wasnt a minor in that department.

Please change your flags.

Back
Top Bottom