What's new

Earthquake In Toronto

desiman

Reaction score
Earthquake In Toronto

Hey fellow Canadians and Americans

Was at work and felt the whole building shake, found out that it was an earthquake in Ontario and Northern US, anyone feel anything ? lol

Maybe it’s a conspiracy to hijack the G-20 submit in Toronto :P

Earthquake In Toronto

Hey fellow Canadians and Americans

Was at work and felt the whole building shake, found out that it was an earthquake in Ontario and Northern US, anyone feel anything ? lol

Maybe it’s a conspiracy to hijack the G-20 submit in Toronto :P

mate i think u have stared 2 thread that are the same ..
Mods plz close this one as it has had no inputs as of yet
:coffee:

Desi brother u r fine ???
And ur family...

Hope every one is okey.

Yes the news about the earthquake is all over the TV. I didn't feel a thing in my building although there were people that went came out who felt it. Its strange that there is an earthquake in Toronto because geographically its not an ideal place for one.

Canada earthquake rattles buildings in northern N.J., New York state

Canada earthquake rattles buildings in northern N.J., New York state | NJ.com

nj-earthquake-canadajpg-5feb75baf010ae3f_large.jpg

BERGEN COUNTY -- A 5.0 magnitude earthquake today centered north of Ottawa, Canada rattled buildings throughout New York state and stretched into Bergen County, according to the U.S. Geological Survey.
Police in Bergen County said they received reports of buildings shaking before 2 p.m. The reports seemed to be focused in Hackensack, which is more than 350 miles from the epicenter of the 1:41 p.m. earthquake, authorities said.
A U.S. Geological Survey official said the earthquake primarily was felt in Ottawa, upstate New York and Vermont, though there are no reports of any serious damage.
People from Buffalo to Albany and north to Massena on the St. Lawrence River say pets were startled and plates rattled, according to the Associated Press.

ALBANY, N.Y. (AP) — An earthquake in Canada was felt across upstate New York and Vermont, shaking buildings and lighting up phone lines to emergency services. There are no reports of any serious damage.
Federal officials say the magnitude 5.5 quake was centered about 40 miles north of Ottawa.

People from Buffalo to Albany and north to Massena on the St. Lawrence River say pets were startled and plates rattled at about 1:45 p.m. Wednesday.

David French, 53-year-old state worker from Cicero, says he was at his computer inside his home outside Syracuse when he felt his chair shake.

The quake prompted several calls to state police in Ray Brook in the Adirondacks.

Copyright 2010 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

---------- Post added at 11:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:52 PM ----------

desiman and others in Canada, hope all you are fine... I think it was a minor one... In NJ, I didn't feel anything.

Last edited:
Canada Earthquake Felt In NYC
Ontario Earthquake

MYFOXNY.COM - An earthquake shook eastern Canada on Wednesday afternoon. It struck at about 1:45 p.m. and was also felt across New York state.

The quake had a preliminary magnitude of 5.5. It happened 38 miles outside of Ottawa in Ontario.

There are no reports of any serious damage.

People from Buffalo to Albany and north to Massena on the St. Lawrence River felt the quake. Shaking buildings were reported across New York and Vermont.

People across New York City and New Jersey also reported feeling shaking. Michelle Kucsma, who works at the Supreme Court building in Manhattan, says workers there felt shaking and turned to the internet to discover that there had been an earthquake.The city sent out an alert through its emergency notification system saying there was no damage reported.

People in the large Western Quebec seismic zone have felt small earthquakes and suffered damage from larger ones for three centuries. The two largest damaging earthquakes occurred in 1935 (magnitude 6.1) at the northwestern end of the seismic zone, and in 1732 (magnitude 6.2) 280 miles away at the southeastern end of the zone where it caused significant damage in Montreal.

Desi brother u r fine ???
And ur family...

Hope every one is okey.

it was 5.5 on the scale so not bad, im am ok bro and havent heard of any injuries till now. But was quite scary, my whole building shook like crazy lol

come out of your office building,

lay on the middle of the road so incase when any building collapses you are not hurt :cry:

make sure you lay in the middle of the road cause its safer than corners and try to be on the main road because usually there are less buildings in the main road :cry:

==========

hope everything is alright there in Canada :cry: May Allah protect us all :)

come out of your office building,

lay on the middle of the road so incase when any building collapses you are not hurt :cry:

make sure you lay in the middle of the road cause its safer than corners and try to be on the main road because usually there are less buildings in the main road :cry:

==========

hope everything is alright there in Canada :cry: May Allah protect us all :)

i dont think the middle of the road will be a very good idea, i might be safe from the earthquake but a car will surely run me over :P lol Everything is fine bro, twitter is on fire for sure lol

Back
Top Bottom