What's new

'Dubai-like' city to be developed near Lahore

This "city" is destined to be built in lahore, believe it or not, but this is the final plan..

And i like it ;)

There are a lot of similar and better projects in karachi but they don't get attention like this. Why? Because this is an official government project

These are just some of the plans
5.jpg
5.jpg
11.jpg
8.jpg
9.jpg

According to my sources this is a project which would take 15+ years maybe even 20 +

With dha phase 13, phase 10, lda city, gulberg development and this, lahore is set to be an alpha level top class city

Also, lahore is going to stop using underground water resources, the reason we are inaugurating rainwater storages is because there will be a water crisis soon which we cannot afford, therefore, we must preserve it, at the same time, lda and dha are starting to fight for water resources.. Although tahts not relevant to the topic so I won't explain further

This city should ideally be built in South punjab like multan, bawalapur etc if not then more cities on the balochistan and sindh coast. Otherwise lahore will turn into another Karachi in the mean time the government needs to make family planning a serious priority. Pakistan has a serious over population problem that if it is not resolved in a timely manner will lead to chaos due to limited resources in the future.[/QUOTE
This "city" is destined to be built in lahore, believe it or not, but this is the final plan..

And i like it ;)

There are a lot of similar and better projects in karachi but they don't get attention like this. Why? Because this is an official government project

These are just some of the plans
View attachment 650446 View attachment 650446 View attachment 650447 View attachment 650448 View attachment 650449

According to my sources this is a project which would take 15+ years maybe even 20 +

With dha phase 13, phase 10, lda city, gulberg development and this, lahore is set to be an alpha level top class city

Also, lahore is going to stop using underground water resources, the reason we are inaugurating rainwater storages is because there will be a water crisis soon which we cannot afford, therefore, we must preserve it, at the same time, lda and dha are starting to fight for water resources.. Although tahts not relevant to the topic so I won't explain further

In case of flooding, whole city will be under water. I hope city planners have some plans to build rain water drainage system to prevent flooding

Prime Minister Imran Khan will inaugurate ′′ Ravi River Urban Development Authority ′′ today which will execute this historic project.

Under this project there will be renewal of River Ravi, 46 km covers lake, 3 barrages, water treatment plants, Urban Forest and Purpose Built will be education, health, commercial, sports ..........

116696859_2947113012083044_5265411352824538934_o.jpg

This whole 'dubai' thing makes my blood boil. Not only is it cringey but can't they do something original? I personally hate dubai, no culture, no heritage, no nothing , just a lot of money poured in by foreigners and built by south east asians...
This is what happens when you have more money than you need

Also, its not "near" lahore, its in lahore, like a new suburb, its about as far from the centre as dha etc.

The media instigating emotions like this is really infuriating those who know the history of this project.

Why not just upgrade an existing city? Maybe even a small city?

A new city won’t have the oil wealth that Dubai does but you can use that money to upgrade the municipal services of an existing city which is the one thing that stands out about Dubai that’s also achievable

If their issue is traffic then sadly Dubai has that too and it has huge public transport project going on
Unlike UAE Pakistan will have to rely on its low human capital, who knows by in 20 years our human capital might be on 2nd world level instead of being level with sub Saharan Africa.

Naya Lahore Ravi city, a distant dream at the moment.

Over all Lahore now faces street lights issues, policing issues in Johar town, road markings, waste management, smog and long trees hangings. Much work need to be done to over haul Lahore.

This whole 'dubai' thing makes my blood boil. Not only is it cringey but can't they do something original? I personally hate dubai, no culture, no heritage, no nothing , just a lot of money poured in by foreigners and built by south east asians...
This is what happens when you have more money than you need

Al salam Alikum LimaCharlie , Inshallah you are doing great today

Dubai really is a beautiful city. The UAE as a whole is a fantastic place to visit. It should not boil your blood ! unless you come in the middle of summer and stay outdoors for a while , some blood boiling might take place

Now, this is a myth i have noticed being spread online. Dubai and the UAE (this part of the world) does have a great culture, a lively heritage and a history. A small country like the UAE will understandably mean the history and archeology finds will not be in huge numbers like in Egypt for example, nor will it have the variety. However, this should not mean the UAE doesn't have history. That is a very illogical way of thinking. Makes no sense whatsoever.

Now, Dubai and the UAE in general have gone through a construction boom not seen in recent years. Out of the thousands of projects that have been built, deciding to focus on the few that did not come to fruitarian as planned ? is that even fair ? its normal. This happens to other great cities like Singapore , London , Tokyo and New York.

I do have good news for you though. THE WORLD project is slowly coming along. The Dubai government and the developer are adamant to see this project come to life. google THE WORLD updates and you will notice a lot of recent activity there. Not only that , some resorts and projects have been up and running for quite some time.

To conclude , i will leave you with a picture each of our three main cities in the UAE and some impressive numbers

The United Arab Emirates

Population (2020 Estimate) 9,890,400

GDP (PPP)2020 estimate
• TotalUS$987.456 billion (32nd)
• Per capitaUS$70,441 (7th)
GDP (nominal)2018 estimate
• TotalUS$432.612 billion (28th)
• Per capitaUS$41,476 (19th)
source:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Arab_Emirates

Abu Dhabi - Capital city

abu-dhabi-city-skyline by OneTwoTrip Travel Expert, on Flickr

Dubai (17 million tourists in 2019)