What's new

Dozens arrested at Sweden riots sparked by planned Quran burnings

The Laws regarding Freedom of Speech are intended to allow people to be disrespectful against policies.
We know. but where do you draw the line between free speech and hate speech, then?
Or are you saying it's all free speech and hate speech isn't a thing?

We know. but where do you draw the line between free speech and hate speech, then?
Or are you saying it's all free speech and hate speech isn't a thing?
Hate speech is always directed to a person or a group of persons.
If it is directed towards their beliefs, then it is not hate speech.

Still, public persons have much less protection here.

You are allowed to criticize or ridicule the behaviour of person,
but in some countries you are not allowed to slander persons,
unless it is in public interest, even if its true.

Hanging a doll resembling Erdogan upside down is basically referring to the execution of Mussolini and sends a message: ”You, Erdogan is a fascist. This is what happened to one of your predecessors”.
It is not a direct threat, more a prediction that Turkey might dispose of him in a violent way.
A demonstration with a sign saying ”Hang Erdogan” would be hate speech in my opinion.

I fear the violence and riots following after this .
The riots some time ago were condemned by Muslim organisations in Sweden, and many participants have been convicted and won’t be participating in any riots now for obvious reasons.
The guy burning the Quran is the same guy as last time.
He seeks publicity, and Muslims worldwide are happy to provide it.

Last edited:
How insecure you have to be to burn a book ? A society that burns book is bound to collapse into insanity. Go luck burning Quran, as if it makes any difference but instead it only shows the double standard and hypocrisy of the people supporting it.

Europe ka bera gharak hone wala ha…..russia/nato ki jung kay saye mei…..
Shitty times ahead…..

to me the Quran burning near Turkish embassy was in response to turkey not allowing Sweden to join NATO. now i wonder how they expect turkey after this in front of its embassy will agree to the joining .
it seems the Guy was actually doing favor for Putin

If he wants more publicity may be he should have interourse with his mother in front of sweden public.
No riot guaranteed and support from all freedom of speech preacher's like you.
Utterly discusting behavior i see from backward civilised world.

The riots some time ago were condemned by Muslim organisations in Sweden, and many participants have been convicted and won’t be participating in any riots now for obvious reasons.
The guy burning the Quran is the same guy as last time.
He seeks publicity, and Muslims worldwide are happy to provide it.

Back
Top Bottom