What's new

Domestic & Social Crimes [Mob/ Vigilante justice] Thread

Is there any law in pak constitution which discriminates to minority religions ?(Apart from the president/prime minister post being reserved for muslims)

Not in my knowledge atleast. They study in the same colleges and universities as we do. They can apply for any job they wish. They can even go for CSS (Central Superior Services) and Armed Forces. . .

The issue then, is not with Pakistan or its laws as such.
its with Pakistani Muslims who have taken their belief in their religion's "superiority" to their heads.
They dont even spare each other.
Everybody thinks they follow the right path..and the other's are Kafir.. and therefore below their social stature, ipso facto.. their rights matter not when it comes to "gods will"..

The issue then, is not with Pakistan or its laws as such.
its with Pakistani Muslims who have taken their belief in their religion's "superiority" to their heads.

Its the pakistani muslims who have the power to enforce the law but will not for whatever reason

The 98% also have a choice in case of "takleef", don't they?? If Aeronaut is to be believed, it is only in a "liberal" dispensation that one can even hope for equality before the law -- and of course there is the usual God's wrath argument - listen up, Christians are not equal before the law in Pakistan - but Aeronaut has a point, nobody is equal to anybody before the law in Pakistan -- However, you must ask why this is -- and you must provide a truthful answer -- The reason there is no equality before the law is that Pakistani state cannot conceive of a position where all Pakistanis will be equal before the law - and the Pakistani state keeps to this position because vast majorities of Pakistanis are Muslims and they cannot and do not want any others to be equal before the law, the net result is that no one is equal before the law.

I understand what you are saying , but try to understand what i have said in a less rigid way. I am just p1ssed off at the general situation in Pakistan like everyone out here. I am frustrated , angry , fired up , disappointed and it gets even worse and i get this massive lump in my throat when some goof turns up , pulls his pants up , points his finger at Pakistan and goes "my rights are being violated".

Hang on you scum ! - everyone is getting screwed out here , its like a the wild west , where no one knows who is killing who and why. I am sorry but if one has any issue with being in Pakistan and not taking his/her fair part of the crap , he can **** off somewhere else.

I don't know what to write to you , i am just a little bit too frustrated -- i would love to live in a Pakistan which is in world's top 5 economies , has a strong judiciary , military , civil sector , industry and where everyone loves everyone.

But that is not the case unfortunately , why don't you tell these pussycat cowardly d1ckheads that every nation out there that we aspire to be has had their part of turmoil. US - UK - Germans - Japan which one hasn't had violence and killing ?

How can we go and guard the 2% Christian population's doors when my own bloody house is on fire ? -- If i was safe and the Christian community was the only community being marginalized and prosecuted and not everyone else , then i would be the first one out to take my AK and stand guard at my Christian neighbor's door and defend it.

I don't wanna get into the terms like "Liberals" and "God's wrath" as you and i have different views , we would never agree on them. So lets keep it to rather political side of the argument.

Cheers.

I think he meant to say that Pakistani christians should suffer for the crimes of other christians that reside 5000 kms away.

I think he should be allowed to clarify his own stance, thank you very much.

I think he should be allowed to clarify his own stance, thank you very much.
Offcourse, but I think you guys are going overboard just for sake of "saving face" on an internet forum. I sincerely hope that you don't actually believe that minorities are not suffering in Pakistan. For those who are going to lecture me on the "genocide of minorities" in India, save your breath.

Offcourse, but I think you guys are going overboard just for sake of "saving face" on an internet forum. I sincerely hope that you don't actually believe that minorities are not suffering in Pakistan. For those who are going to lecture me on the "genocide of minorities" in India, save your breath.

Being a minority is not easy wherever you are. I'm not saying that Pakistani minorities are living in a utopian world where nothing bad ever happens, what I am trying to imply is that things are not as bad as they are portrayed or how bad the OP says them to be.
Secondly, if you are not prepared to entertain a counter-argument then entering an argument in the first place is not a very good idea.

Do Pakistani blasphemy laws apply equally to all faiths? That is, if a person proclaims that Jesus was not the Son of God and tears pages from the Bible and spits on them, etc., can Christians bring blasphemy charges against that person?

Being a minority is not easy wherever you are. I'm not saying that Pakistani minorities are living in a utopian world where nothing bad ever happens, what I am trying to imply is that things are not as bad as they are portrayed or how bad the OP says them to be.
Secondly, if you are not prepared to entertain a counter-argument then entering an argument in the first place is not a very good idea.

Counter argument, definitely a yes but dragging India in the internal matters of Pakistan, no.

Agreed, what should be the standard when judging the quality of life of minorities in a nation. India surely does not qualify since we have problems of our own but in the case of Pakistan, constitution itself is biased for minorities. What is your take on this?

I will say NO,Christians are not enjoying equal rights in Pakistan. Give me your facts and I will give you mine :)

Dudy, you are wrong. Christians have equal rights and all necessary constitutional freedom according to they can live, work, freedom of expression, religious freedom, social equality etc. If you start this thread in light of some misshapen then let me say some religious fractions of Islam also suffered with particular ideological conflicts. Recent sectarian target killing doesn’t means that Shia’a community stand and call for rights, blast in Datta darbar Lahore doesn’t means that they also should stand for rights. Dirty minded people are everywhere in every community, religion, religious sectors and ethnic groups so need to remove them. You have to think positively because no one called Christians NEECH, Shudar in Pakistan as compared to India. Christianity is very peaceful religion as we respect Christianity. People are different and they behave with fellows or others in different ways while not only non Muslims are hurt by their behavior but Muslims too so in common practice we are feeling no difference with Christians while living in one community. Yes respect for each religion should be priority.

Every year, Minority population is decreasing. In 1947, It was 30% and now 2%. Most likely minorities will disappear after few years. 99.9% Islam. I think, that is why Islamic Pakistan was formed. :tup:

No Minority, No complain !!

I don't know what the heck is wrong with people who make a fuss about 2% Pakistanis where other 98% are being slaughtered , raped , robbed , blown up , murdered , pin pointedly murdered.

When fire burns everyone gets effected , Christians are no exception , this is God's wrath on the people of Pakistan of which everyone has to take his/her fair share.

If anyone has some "takleef" in this country , he can migrate to some other "liberal" country.

Regards:

Because of social justice anybody can come out of his senses but that's not matter of whole community. I think we have to satisfy these individuals rather than show path of any other liberal country. After all they citizens of Pakistan influenced by propaganda over minority situation in Pakistan.

Do Pakistani blasphemy laws apply equally to all faiths? That is, if a person proclaims that Jesus was not the Son of God and tears pages from the Bible and spits on them, etc., can Christians bring blasphemy charges against that person?

No they can't, hence the part Islamic in the Islamic republic of Pakistan. The funny thing about blasphemy law is that during the trial of blasphemer, jury has to assume what he said as his words could not be repeated. So, you can be hanged on the mere assumption of what you said.

The Blasphemy laws do not apply in such a situation however a case can be registered on the grounds of:
Extreme Provocation
Gross Disregard of Social Norms
Criminal Slander

Back
Top Bottom