What's new

Dollar crosses 100 again

gov't blames qadri

funny how gov't said bringing dollar to 98 was biggest acheivment, when dollar was below 95 before new gov't.

What a blunder. next time qadri will take dollar from 100 to 150 and later bring to 125 and call it biggest acheivement.

'Qadri impact': Dollar crosses Rs100 - Newspaper - DAWN.COM

Wrong When Government joined interbank PKR rate was around 100+ (source) , and even today it is less than 98.50 in interbank. Yes only open market is jumping, to crisis in hand.

circular debt is out of control...this govt ow local banks in billions...
Until the national don't feel the responsibility of taxes nothing would happened. Collect taxes by force and make sure taxes are invested properly , not buying bullet proof Mercs and Rovers.

Bhai tu phela yeh beta tu ha kis ka saath? na pti ko chorta ha, na Qadari ko or N league ka pecha per gaya ha.o_O
hehe. I blame the public for turmoil. I'll write an essay and you can read if you want, how we're responsible for our doing.

I did want (i can't though) to vote PTI this election, but seeing their performance, they're just another power hungry party.

If you buy dollars now and then convert them back @ 150, you will be a happy currency speculator 8-)
Haha. But you've to count what money holds, there' inflation etc.

What I meant to say, bringing dollar to same amount as when you joined gov't, is not an acheivment. Bring it to 90, call that your 'biggest' acheivment. Dollar went to 110, then 98, that's acheivment? pfft. Not to mention, those saudi dollars may not come again. So biggest and only acheivment was getting saudi grant! and our dollar will rise again, as investors flee due to Qadri.

Damm I'm holding onto a $1000 waiting for it to reach like a 150 rupees even for 1 day so I cash in :sarcastic:
was just hypothetical example. Last gov't gave rise of some 40%. This gov't gave 10% in just first year, but now its even.

It was just a joke. I'd call biggest acheivment when dollar hits 80-90. (not because it stayed constant due to saudi dollars)

Sachh ka sath deta hai !
yani ke Hindustan ke saath? o_O

Haha. But you've to count what money holds, there' inflation etc.

What I meant to say, bringing dollar to same amount as when you joined gov't, is not an acheivment. Bring it to 90, call that your 'biggest' acheivment. Dollar went to 110, then 98, that's acheivment? pfft. Not to mention, those saudi dollars may not come again. So biggest and only acheivment was getting saudi grant! and our dollar will rise again, as investors flee due to Qadri.

was just hypothetical example. Last gov't gave rise of some 40%. This gov't gave 10% in just first year, but now its even.

It was just a joke. I'd call biggest acheivment when dollar hits 80-90. (not because it stayed constant due to saudi dollars)
80-90??? I remember when it was 35-40

June marks the high debt servicing and oil payments. So there is seasonal pressure on PKR during June-July.
which may make speculators start buying dollars hoping to sell later.

It's like stock market, a plane crashes and before anyone knows what happened, stock takes a dive, which make other people also start selling. Speculation is bad

yani ke Hindustan ke saath? o_O

80-90??? I remember when it was 35-40
Dude, if you don't know economics, i'll teach u, read below

Taking it do 35 will murder economy. We're export oreiented market. People will stop buying from us and buy from other cheaper nations. You can't have dollar drop 60% in 4 years.

10-20 % makes sense. 2-4% a year is no biggy. And if they manage that, in my humble opinion, it'd be a very big acheivement. Like dollar now is 100. After 4 years, it'd be 92 with 2% drop. No one will notice 2 rupee yearly drop, but at the end, they'll notice that it's cheaper to buy dollar.

Back
Top Bottom