What's new

Can Bangladesh pay back 12 billion dollars loans within 4 months?

Sometimes I wonder about the way our fellow friends defend Hasina so much that it looks odd if she is BD PM or not.
But anyway, even if Hasian is gone, who else are the other choices for BD's top post?
Based on the recent trend, it seems like the US is somehow interested to replace Hasina with someone else. But can any sensible member from BD share some input here?

Why so much faith on Hasina ji as an Indian? Doesn't it make Hasina ji a Chief minister who gave everything to Indian for free?

I think BD and India have established one kind of transactional relationship so that it will continue in the same way even if Hasina is out of power. BNP of previous days is not so much anti-Indian as it was before. At the end of the day, India just wishes BD to avoid sheltering any anti-Indian insurgents which is nothing unusual to expect of being a neighboring country.

The situation is serious but far from critical.

here is link to see the month to month state of reserves. Adoption of BPM6 methodology where medium/long term liabilities are excluded are also shown.

The gradual trend in deteriorating reserves since Jan 2022 was halted in June 2023. I think we have turned a corner and trend will slowly start to reverse.

Our exports are up in US and across western markets. Additionally Taka/Rupee trade will take out pressures worth $15b. There is also inbuilt lag in the data. The eid related remittance boost has not come through in the figures. August data will show an increase in reserves. I am cautiously optimistic.

Taka-Rupee trade would have been useful if it stayed Taka-Rupee trade. From what I know they will be only trading in rupees, albeit with a $2billion limit.

Importers will welcome the move but exporters wouldn't be too much interested (nobody would want to be paid in rupees). This could create a shortage in supply against the demand which might force BB to buy rupees in exchange of dollars or other currency. Ultimately, it wouldn't serve any purpose but will create more problems.

One of the major hindrances to trading in Rupees is trust deficit. India is a synonym for imposter in Bangladesh.

By getting your excuse in early - you have exposed the sham that is BNP/Jamat.

They do not care about economic growth.

Like the Pakistani military they are obsessed with India.

Thwarting India is bigger to them than the welfare of their own people.

Anyway, BNP/Jamat have cried wolf too many times. Like the little boy no one will rescue you now.
You talk big and loud to look after the BAL interest and of your own. So, don’t talk stupid things all the time.

Moderators sacked @BananaRepublicUK once and they will do the same again.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom