What's new

Does the PN need an aircraft carrier?

PN wont buy a carrier even if you hand them $20 Billion right now. Reason: they don't need it. I can bet on it. They would rather go for 3-4 nuclear subs with ToT. They would strengthen naval infrastructure, and replenish & modernise surface fleet.

No, they don't need it. Why are we still talking about this?

I think it best if we focus on more submarines only for PN. ACC are expensive and can't get under ice caps.
What do you think is the best?

I think it best if we focus on more submarines only for PN. ACC are expensive and can't get under ice caps.
What do you think is the best?

Probably subs, god knows we're suffering in that department. What the PN REALLY needs is a bigger budget. Their needs are almost never fulfilled, their capabilities aren't at the level they should be, in fact they're a complete hinderance and cannon fodder for rival navies.

A good navy can turn the tides of war, that's why we're seeing China, India, USA, Japan (...etc,) expand their naval capabilities. It's said that whoever controls the worlds oceans controls the world. the US control every single ocean in the world, that is a major reason why they remain unchallenged.

for navy like pakistan its not required its best to buy frigate, destroyers , N subs

PN operational doctrine does NOT, requires an Aircraft Carrier !! PN will be fighting an defensive war, its primary goal will be to keep the lines of supply open at high seas, making sure that Naval Blockade by IN is not successfull.

for navy like pakistan its not required its best to buy frigate, destroyers , N subs

The idea of having a ACC sounds nice but I'd say few frigates,couple of destroyers and alot of subs,
Speaking of N-Subs how far is PN in development?

The idea of having a ACC sounds nice but I'd say few frigates,couple of destroyers and alot of subs,
Speaking of N-Subs how far is PN in development?

well senior members on this forum can answer this better , but as far as i read in PDF pakistan N sub project in underdevelopment and in 2012 naval chief said that it will take 5-7 years to complete , here i am not sure that will it be SSN or SSBN ...!

Probably subs, god knows we're suffering in that department. What the PN REALLY needs is a bigger budget. Their needs are almost never fulfilled, their capabilities aren't at the level they should be, in fact they're a complete hinderance and cannon fodder for rival navies.

A good navy can turn the tides of war, that's why we're seeing China, India, USA, Japan (...etc,) expand their naval capabilities. It's said that whoever controls the worlds oceans controls the world. the US control every single ocean in the world, that is a major reason why they remain unchallenged.

navy's budget is only 500million out of 6.5billion(entire def budget). the thing is that the govt does not want to spend on them when they think that the navy can get what it wants free...if they had paid for it from day 1, their attitude would have been different.

navy's budget is only 500million out of 6.5billion(entire def budget). the thing is that the govt does not want to spend on them when they think that the navy can get what it wants free...if they had paid for it from day 1, their attitude would have been different.

All I know is that attitudes must change in the current government and even in the military top brass if the navy is to get the respect and budget it deserves. Things have been getting slightly better for the navy in recent years, but it is still pretty dire.

A budget of only 500.00 million usd, said it before PN is the orphan of the TRI-services !!! what a joke !!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom