What's new

Does the PN need an aircraft carrier?

they do look nice vikramdiyta mearly ready

TH28_INDIA_RUSSIA_1127893f.jpg

some jealous people calling it junk

Indian-New-Aircraft-Carrier-Vikramaditya_011112.jpg

INS+Vikramaditya+@Severomorsk+Naval+Base+area+with+a+Kamov+helicopter+31+Russia+will+deploy+a+MIG-35+and+other+aircraft+to+check+out+the+aviation+facilities+of+INS+Vikramaditya,+the+Russian+aircraft+carrier.jpg

i disagree

Well it is an expensive beast to maintain. Instead Pakistan should concentrate on getting destroyers and submarines.

Although, Brazil got a very sweet deal when they bought an aircraft carrier from France for only US $12million and refitted it and it is now in their service. So if Pakistan also gets a sweet deal like this. Then why not.

The NAe São Paulo was bought by Brazil for $12 million from France in 2000

Length: 869 ft

Commissioned: 2000

Carries: 39 aircraft including A-4 Skyhawks and S-70B Seahawk helicopters

Crew: 1,920 seamen

Propulsion System: 6 boilers, 4 steam turbines, 2 propellers

History: For an absolute bargain price of $12 million, for a naval flagship, the São Paulo was bought by Brazil to upgrade their ailing fleet.

Originally launched in 1959 by France as the Foch, she served in a number of NATO efforts all around the world.

Since the transfer to Brazil, she underwent an upgrade from 2005 to 2010 and has been stocked with S-70B Seahawk helicopters and A-4 Skyhawks, the latter bought from Kuwait.

Source: Business Insider
These Are The 20 Aircraft Carriers In Service Today

Walter Hickey, Robert Johnson 10 August 2012 10:40 AM

I would rather Pakistan invest in developing an ICBM.

China actually introduced it's first ICBM (DF-4) when it had a GDP per capita of just around $55 (more than 50 times smaller than Pakistan's GDP per capita today with a total overall GDP about a quarter of Pakistan's today).

An ICBM would do a lot more for Pakistan's defense and ability to assert it's own interests.

I would rather Pakistan invest in developing an ICBM.

China actually introduced it's first ICBM (DF-4) when it had a GDP per capita of just around $55 (more than 50 times smaller than Pakistan's GDP per capita today with a total overall GDP about a quarter of Pakistan's today).

An ICBM would do a lot more for Pakistan's defense and ability to assert it's own interests.

No what use will pakistan have of ICBM instead invest in Submarines destroyers & frigates

Aircraft Carrier is particularly needed when you've to secure a large section of ocean or you've some part of your country which is far away from mainland and you've to secure it,or you are planning to attack some country in distant land and you don't want the headache to make some country to use their base.If any country wants to project its sea power,nothing is better than AC.but it is not needed when you're just thinking to defend a small coastal area.Subs or Frigates/Destroyers would suit more then.

I HAVE ALREADY ANSWERED THE THREAD QUESTION

NO PAKISTAN does not need carrier

no THEY CANT afford one either to both BUY or maintain.

YOUR NATION MILITARY wise has a purely DEFENSIVE POSTURE your navy has very limited AMBITION

It will need it in the future and I tell you why.

Pakistan faces dangers from everywhere. It needs to overcome internal threats and weak economy. Pakistan's third longest border is its coastline. Nearly 800 kms long, it needs a navy bigger than it has to control and effectively secure such a long border. An aircraft carrier is a force multiplier and more offensive resources a nation has, the better defence it has.

With expanding economy and high population, Pakistan will have interests beyond its borders. I was surprised to see so much influence Pakistan has in my recent trip to Middle East. This is even when we are embroiled in economic woes and internal threats.

In order to safeguard its interests Pakistan will need a force multiplier like an aircraft carrier. Dont forget that Pakistan sits at the mouth of Persian Gulf, the most strategic waterway of the world.

My comments might seem immature to the experts here but I believe Pakistan needs a much bigger military than it has right now. A lethal strike capability in high number is the best defence, backed of course by a strong economy. :)

What Pakistán needs and what can be realistacally possible are teo different realties. You desire big gdp and carriers bit it wil not happen.

What Pakistán needs and what can be realistically possible are two different realities. You desire big gdp and carriers bit it wil not happen.

Well, For the time being Yes Pakistan don't need it and Pakistan can't afford it as well. But yes, sooner or later Pak will need it and might be in 10-20 years Pakistan think/plan about this seriously.

What happened to PN nuclear submarine project?

Maybe after a few nuclear submarines they should decide to get an aircraft carrier.

What happened to PN nuclear submarine project?

Maybe after a few nuclear submarines they should decide to get an aircraft carrier.

The right question to ask will be what actually happened to the Pakistani economy?

The right question to ask will be what actually happened to the Pakistani economy?

Simple answer = Nawaz Sharif! LMAO

No what use will pakistan have of ICBM instead invest in Submarines destroyers & frigates

Destroyers and frigates are used to project a countries force within an immediate neighborhood. Unless you're referring to a nuclear submarine diesel powered subs are not much better than destroyers and frigates.

What are you going to do when you come across a better armed military especially one you can't even reach with the destroyers, frigates and submarines you were referring to?

An ICBM would give Pakistan a defense which exacts devastating retaliatory capability in turn deterring any attack on it's soil by a hostile foreign force no matter where it may be located.

I would agree to nuclear sub's, frigates and destroyers but imo it should come after an ICBM has been developed.

Back
Top Bottom