What's new

Does the PN need an aircraft carrier?

PN currently needs new F-22P block-II about 7 of them and later 7 more of Block-IIIs and also Corvettes based on these design and also improved FACs too.

Also instead of going with N-Submarines and Carriers PN is really in need of:
16+ 3000 Tons SSKs
11+ 1500 Tons SSKs
11+ 700 Tons Coastal SSKs
110 Tons Special Submarines
Rescue Submarines

Yes, Pakistan does need an AC and Saudia would always help Pakistan :bounce:

Yes, Pakistan does need an AC :bounce:
We have No intention of power projection and we have a tiny coastline
the basic job of our Navy is just to prevent a blockade,
taking all of this under consideration we don't need an AC :)

We have No intention of power projection and we have a tiny coastline
the basic job of our Navy is just to prevent a blockade,
taking all of this under consideration we don't need an AC :)

That's your opinion - which I respect - but I don't agree with you on that.

Yes, Pakistan does need an AC and Saudia would always help Pakistan :bounce:

Why is that My friend ? Any specific reason

Even We buy 1 used one But the cost of keeping 1 will be two high

The main purpose OF AC Is just to give you a ground at any place you want so you can lunch attack on the enemy
Pakistan dont need that our enemy is at our doors

Why is that My friend ? Any specific reason

Even We buy 1 used one But the cost of keeping 1 will be two high

The main purpose OF AC Is just to give you a ground at any place you want so you can lunch attack on the enemy
Pakistan dont need that our enemy is at our doors

Yes, but that doesn't mean Pakistan shouldn't look for an AC. By doing so you won't be able to counter their naval might. Another thing is that South Asia will never look the same as it used to be ever since the Pivot Asia project came into existence.

Yes, but that doesn't mean Pakistan shouldn't look for an AC. By doing so you won't be able to counter their naval might. Another thing is that South Asia will never look the same as it used to be ever since the Pivot Asia project came into existence.
The biggest step US done about Pivot asia is moving 2500 marines to Aus thats it
But You have to keep in mind that Pakistan economy cant afford a beast like this , And Just For protection of AC we will need a battle group , New ships , Submarine , Air crafts dedicated for Carrier , even if we talk about a bright future were we have ton of money to waste even then PN wont buy it Because Its 21 century You wont see large sea battles , its time for the standoff attacks In that field Pakistan is already very good , maybe in future pakistan buys some helicopter carriers or AWS Unless Pakistan wants to put PN into big league till that time it will be no

Pakistan needs an Aircraft Carrier for power projection in the Indian ocean.Even a country like Thailand has an aircraft carrier.Need to plan now as a new carrier takes time to built

Pakistan needs an Aircraft Carrier for power projection in the Indian ocean.Even a country like Thailand has an aircraft carrier.Need to plan now as a new carrier takes time to built

Bro the only thing pakistan needs to do right now is to bring down the prices of tomatoes! :P We can buy a carrier after that when we have money...and for your love of carriers perhaps buy a golf carrier for you too :)
aircraft-carrier-with-golf-course.jpg

ideally two aircraft carriers are required so that one can be always on active duty.

No need yet. Preference for PN should be
1. Submarines (including sea based nuclear launch capabilities)
2. Dedicated land based air fleet
3. Undersea sensor network
4. More surveillance crafts

Aircraft carrier is a very very far thing. At least when our economy is 5 times the size of today then we may think about it.

No need yet. Preference for PN should be
1. Submarines (including sea based nuclear launch capabilities)
2. Dedicated land based air fleet
3. Undersea sensor network
4. More surveillance crafts

Aircraft carrier is a very very far thing. At least when our economy is 5 times the size of today then we may think about it.
I think having point 2 as our preference for now would be better. In terms of hierarchy

I think having point 2 as our preference for now would be better. In terms of hierarchy
@jaibi yes but i keep submarines on top because only a fleet of 10-12 could effectively keep IN at bay. Even with all modern equipments finding and neutralizing a modern submarine is a hell of task. All Indian aircraft carrier will simply dock to yard if it is threatened by a submarine in open sea. I hope you got my point

Back
Top Bottom