What's new

Does India have the one of the best fast bowling attack in the world right now?

Best Fast Bowler

• Bhuvneshwar Kumar

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Jasprit bumrah

Votes: 21 91.3%
  • Mohammad Sami

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Umesh Yadav

• Ishant Sharma

• NagarKoti

• Shivam Mavi

• Khaleel Ahmed

• Avesh Khan

• Mohammed Siraj

• Total voters
Only few bowlers were/ are able to produce more than 150 KMPH....... Even Srinath was quicker than Alan donald, Wasim Akram, Waqar Younis...... Etc....... From Pakistan only Shoaib Akhtar was able to produce more than 150..

Wasim Akram, Waqar Younis, Aqib javed were better bowlers compare to Shoaib Akhtar with line and lenth, Swing Etc...
Rana Naved Ul Hasan - Rana Naved clocked 146.6 kph in Australia in 2005 and this is after he had lost the pace of his youth. According to some (like Abdur Rauf) Rana was a genuine express pacer during his early days and like many other domestic bowlers who dont get International cricket at a young age, Rana cut down his speed in favour of longevity!

Umar Gul - Gul has clocked 150 kph several times but unfortunately his back keeps giving way and so he can no longer strive to become a genuine pacer. But luckily for him he has swing, movement and accuracy so he should be fine!
Wasim Akram - Many see Wasim Akram as a medium pacer because they've only seen him during the latter stages of his career but during his peak (pre 94) he was a mid-90s bowler. Wasim had genuine express pace but he used to bowl within himself sacrificing pace for control. But sometimes when he'd let himself go, he came close to giving Waqar a run for his money.
Imran Khan - Imran went into Packer as a fast medium bowler and emerged as a genuine express bowler. Those who have seen footage of him or watched him during the early 80's would agree that Imran was express pace. Was he faster than Wasim? I think so but that's only my opinion.
Shoaib Akhtar - Akhtar has clocked 100 MPH twice and so deserves second place although it's quite possible that Waqar was faster than Akhtar but we'll probably never know for sure.

Waqar Younis - Between 91 and 94, Waqar was pure lightning. He could pull in crowds by and fill stadiums by himself. He had the sort of star power that Akhtar and Afridi combined couldn't even dream of!

Mohammad Sami - Sami was been clocked at around 98 MPH during the Samsung series v India in 2004 and in 2003 he was clocked at 97.2 MPH in Sharjah. During the 03/04 season he was going toe to toe with Akhtar for pace but then he decided to stop bowling fast!

Mohammad Zahid - Any cricketer you ask about Zahid v Akhtar only comes out with one answer, that Zahid was noticeably faster than Akhtar. They don't even say it as a maybe they always state it passionately and are positive about it! Zahid was most likely the fastest bowler to ever live!

Only srinath have some pace but he didn't last long and lost his pace very quickly( if my memory correct). Indian didn't maintain their speed and that is the biggest question mark you guys having
http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/content/records/95065.html

Rana Naved Ul Hasan - Rana Naved clocked 146.6 kph in Australia in 2005 and this is after he had lost the pace of his youth. According to some (like Abdur Rauf) Rana was a genuine express pacer during his early days and like many other domestic bowlers who dont get International cricket at a young age, Rana cut down his speed in favour of longevity!

Umar Gul - Gul has clocked 150 kph several times but unfortunately his back keeps giving way and so he can no longer strive to become a genuine pacer. But luckily for him he has swing, movement and accuracy so he should be fine!
Wasim Akram - Many see Wasim Akram as a medium pacer because they've only seen him during the latter stages of his career but during his peak (pre 94) he was a mid-90s bowler. Wasim had genuine express pace but he used to bowl within himself sacrificing pace for control. But sometimes when he'd let himself go, he came close to giving Waqar a run for his money.
Imran Khan - Imran went into Packer as a fast medium bowler and emerged as a genuine express bowler. Those who have seen footage of him or watched him during the early 80's would agree that Imran was express pace. Was he faster than Wasim? I think so but that's only my opinion.
Shoaib Akhtar - Akhtar has clocked 100 MPH twice and so deserves second place although it's quite possible that Waqar was faster than Akhtar but we'll probably never know for sure.

Waqar Younis - Between 91 and 94, Waqar was pure lightning. He could pull in crowds by and fill stadiums by himself. He had the sort of star power that Akhtar and Afridi combined couldn't even dream of!

Mohammad Sami - Sami was been clocked at around 98 MPH during the Samsung series v India in 2004 and in 2003 he was clocked at 97.2 MPH in Sharjah. During the 03/04 season he was going toe to toe with Akhtar for pace but then he decided to stop bowling fast!

Mohammad Zahid - Any cricketer you ask about Zahid v Akhtar only comes out with one answer, that Zahid was noticeably faster than Akhtar. They don't even say it as a maybe they always state it passionately and are positive about it! Zahid was most likely the fastest bowler to ever live!

Only srinath have some pace but he didn't last long and lost his pace very quickly( if my memory correct). Indian didn't maintain their speed and that is the biggest question mark you guys having

Let me correct the link 1st.... this is incorrect...
Example : Where is Shaun Tait?
He clocked 161.1 km/hr in an ODI game against England, which is also the second fastest ball in cricketing history.

Umar Gul - Gul has clocked 150 kph several times but he is average bowler with 140 KMPH average speed.

Wasim Akram - All time great

Imran Khan- All time great

Shoaib Akhtar - True quick bowler

Waqar Younis : Genius Bowler

Mohammad Sami : quick bowler but not comparable to Shoaib akhter

Mohammad Zahid : Not seem him, only few matches. Also I not included India's fastest bowler
Varun Aaron because not find him as good bowler.

Let me correct the link 1st.... this is incorrect...
Example : Where is Shaun Tait?
He clocked 161.1 km/hr in an ODI game against England, which is also the second fastest ball in cricketing history.

Umar Gul - Gul has clocked 150 kph several times but he is average bowler with 140 KMPH average speed.

Wasim Akram - All time great

Imran Khan- All time great

Shoaib Akhtar - True quick bowler

Waqar Younis : Genius Bowler

Mohammad Sami : quick bowler but not comparable to Shoaib akhter

Mohammad Zahid : Not seem him, only few matches. Also I not included India's fastest bowler
Varun Aaron because not find him as good bowler.

Mohammed zahid was very good bowler. way batter then shoib but due to injury his international career ends.
http://www.espncricinfo.com/pakistan/content/player/41299.html

Yes. Especially touring. Which is the real test.

It's a money thing.

Better food. Stronger kids. Better facilities. Technology. Training.

You see these guys. They are all ripped.

And above all, it's the attitude.

A country and generation thing. Across fields.

They are confident about their place in the world.

Cheers, Doc
no. Pakistan and South africa have best fast bowlers currently.

Yes. Especially touring. Which is the real test.

It's a money thing.

Better food. Stronger kids. Better facilities. Technology. Training.

You see these guys. They are all ripped.

And above all, it's the attitude.

A country and generation thing. Across fields.

They are confident about their place in the world.

Cheers, Doc

With a populatuon of over 1.3 billion who are cricket made, it's nearly a miracle why india hasn't produced at least 50 bowlers who are the fastest in the world, each bowling over 155 kmph.

With a populatuon of over 1.3 billion who are cricket made, it's nearly a miracle why india hasn't produced at least 50 bowlers who are the fastest in the world, each bowling over 155 kmph.

Pakistan nowhere in the list.

5PWlaOk.jpg

Pakistan nowhere in the list.

5PWlaOk.jpg

But we have produced the fastest bowler in cricket history and some of the best and most fastest bowlers the world has ever seen despite having a population that is more than 7× smaller than india........:azn:

But we have produced the fastest bowler in cricket history and some of the best and most fastest bowlers the world has ever seen despite having a population that is more than 7× smaller than india........:azn:
I know teenagers in my village than can bowl faster than your professional cricketers. :lol:
You people are obsessed with fastest deliveries. Stats tell you the best bowlers does not have to be necessarily fastest as well, while those are fastest are not best by default.
Indian fastest varun aron is struggling to make his place in the team, while a modest one bumrah is topping the international list.

Btw, i am not contesting a fact that pakistan has produced good bowlers in history.

I know teenagers in my village than can bowl faster than your professional cricketers. :lol:
They need to be able to get wickets or restrict runs not just bowl fast

The all-time best fast bowler ever was Glenn McGrath .

Jamaica keeps producing the fastest runners despite having a population that is 1/50 of Pakistan. So??

They need to be able to get wickets or restrict runs not just bowl fast

The all-time best fast bowler ever was Glenn McGrath .

Jamaica keeps producing the fastest runners despite having a population that is 1/50 of Pakistan. So??

Which means they have 1/350 the population of india.

I voted for Bhuvi since he is my favourite but Bumrah might be the best atm.

Mohammed Siraj (Royal Challengers Bangalore) - 149.94 kmph
That is one bad bowler.

Too bad last test match is next year :undecided:

Sri Lanka with 1/10th population of Pakistan is ranked higher.

Back
Top Bottom