What's new

Does ADHD / ADD happen ONLY to low IQ people?

Does ADHD / ADD happen ONLY to low IQ people?

• Yes, ADHD / ADD happens ONLY to low IQ people.

• No, ADHD / ADD can happen to average IQ people also.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Health websites like WebMD, Mayo Clinic, healthline etc don't state it explicitly but they gently suggest, hint that ADHD / ADD happens ONLY to low IQ people. The theory is that high density of brain matter of high IQ people makes them immune to ADHD / ADD.

Is it true?

No. It can happen to anyone.

Also kids can spend all their childhoods undiagnosed but eventually see someone when they are adults and are then diagnosed. I know doctors who have finally been diagnosed with ADHD

@Hack-Hook, how would you describe these parents in USA who starved their 10-year-son until he weighed only 16 kgs ? But he escaped and was found on the streets begging for food. Look at photo of the parents. They starve their child and want to kill him but in the photo they are wining and dining and the husband is wearing the Western "civilized and respectable" clothing element - the tie, and they are celebrating their marriage anniversary. Are these parents ADHD or bi-polar or any other ABCD psychiatric disease that money-making "doctors" and the "medicine" industry make up `? Or are they simply psychopathic ?

US Couple Arrested In Abuse Case After Starving Son Found Begging For Food

Griffin Police arrested Tyler and Krista Schindley after their neighbour found the 10-year-old boy in the streets on Friday

Edited by Anjali Thakur Updated: May 17, 2023 7:08 pm IST

US Couple Arrested In Abuse Case After Starving Son Found Begging For Food

Tyler and Krista Schindley often left their children unattended

A mother and father in Spalding County, Georgia were arrested and charged in the attempted murder of one of their 10-year-old son. The parents are charged with child abuse and negligence after their starving son was found wandering their neighbourhood looking for a grocery store where he could beg for food, New York Post reported.

Griffin Police arrested Tyler and Krista Schindley after their neighbour found the 10-year-old boy in the streets on Friday. The child even begged the cops to "please not make him go back." Police say he was confused, barefoot, hungry, and begged not to be taken back to his home.

The boy weighed about 36 pounds when he was rescued and he was intentionally starved, according to police.

Tyler and Krista Schindley are charged with attempted murder, false imprisonment, and cruelty to children, and other charges.

According to a Fox 5 report, the Griffin Judicial Circuit District Attorney called the starvation case of a 10-year-old boy, one of the worst she has seen.

According to police, the 10-year-old managed to escape his family's home on Friday and was found wandering along Westminster Circle by a neighbour.

While describing the disturbing condition of the boy, the DA Marie Broder said, "As a mother, I can't comprehend it. As a human being, it breaks your heart. We aren't releasing any photos of this child for obvious reasons, but I will tell you, the photos are absolutely horrible, and anybody with a human heart, who looks at them, should be shaken to their core."

The child was immediately rushed to the hospital and is being treated for malnutrition and a low heart rate.
The DA said that the neighbour saved the child's life.
DA Broder said, "It is my true belief that had he not gotten out of the home, this case would be a very different one."

The neighbours say that the parents often left their older children at home for days while they vacationed.

Neighbour, Kim Seigler in a statement said, "That's just horrible. That anyone would be this and by them being my next-door neighbour it makes me wonder if I should have been more observant."

It is an active investigation and the other four children are in the Georgia Division of Family and Children Services custody.
like such parents everywhere in the world

Not everywhere but in many places. So what should be the disease they should be categorized under ? :)
I'm not a psychiatrist to be able to categorize them if you want categorize them in a group perhaps you can put them in personality disorders but as i said I'm not trained to do that .
or maybe not a disorder at all but whats the relation of this case with ADHD

I'm not a psychiatrist to be able to categorize them if you want categorize them in a group perhaps you can put them in personality disorders but as i said I'm not trained to do that .
or maybe not a disorder at all but whats the relation of this case with ADHD

Didn't I say in the first page that psychiatry is fraud, is charlatanism ? So why in the third page are you saying "I can't judge because I ain't a psychiatrist" ? :)

Those two parents are psychopaths, as is Obomba as was Khomenei as is any committed Capitalist.

Didn't I say in the first page that psychiatry is fraud, is charlatanism ? So why in the third page are you saying "I can't judge because I ain't a psychiatrist" ? :)
I'm a medical doctor i can see a disease , but am i trained to categorize all disease?
am i allowed to make diagnosis for all disease ?

starved their 10-year-son until he weighed only 16 kgs ? But he escaped and was found on the streets begging for food.
as a fellow starving human, teri empathy activate ho gai full .. lol

no its not, also psychiatry (chemical treatment for "disorders") is different from psychology/therapy (where they may or may not prescribe pills etc)

psychiatrists will only look at symptoms and hand you a prescription, the psyche-ologist will dive into your mind and try and figure out what ails you.. that's the difference.

some people need meds, I'm against it, would never take em etc .. but some have benefited from it, its made their lives better.

you should go see both, and take pills too.

I'm a medical doctor i can see a disease , but am i trained to categorize all disease?
am i allowed to make diagnosis for all disease ?

Why are you making this complicated ? Psychiatry is as legitimate as money. Means not.

Do you as a medical doctor also advise people to drink eight glasses of water a day ? You know Bruce Lee died of drinking too much water.

Do you as a medical doctor also advise your female patients to lose weight, to diet and to exercise ? In India in recent years case have been known where people have had heart attacks because they were "fit". The actress Sushmita Sen survived but she foolishly has taken up "fitness" again.

as a fellow starving human, teri empathy activate ho gai full .. lol

Absolutely !

no its not, also psychiatry (chemical treatment for "disorders") is different from psychology/therapy (where they may or may not prescribe pills etc)

psychiatrists will only look at symptoms and hand you a prescription, the psyche-ologist will dive into your mind and try and figure out what ails you.. that's the difference.

some people need meds, I'm against it, would never take em etc .. but some have benefited from it, its made their lives better.

you should go see both, and take pills too.

I never said Psychology is fraud. Only Psychiatry is.

I wonder what a Soviet psychologist would have made of you. Maybe prescribed two months in the gulag. :rolleyes:

I never said Psychology is fraud. Only Psychiatry is.

I wonder what a Soviet psychologist would have made of you. Maybe prescribed two months in the gulag. :rolleyes:
I'll bet I've read more than you ever will on the subject so STFU, you god damn slummer

Do you as a medical doctor also advise people to drink eight glasses of water a day ? You know Bruce Lee died of drinking too much water.
he did of encephalitis and 8 glass of water is 2 litr of water crtainly not to much in warm weather of middle east, south asia and Africa.
In India in recent years case have been known where people have had heart attacks because they were "fit". The actress Sushmita Sen survived but she foolishly has taken up "fitness" again.
elaborate on that and i answer , nobody get hart attack because h is fit .
a fit person can have heart attack but certainly the cause is not being fit.

he did of encephalitis and 8 glass of water is 2 litr of water crtainly not to much in warm weather of middle east, south asia and Africa.

elaborate on that and i answer , nobody get hart attack because h is fit .
a fit person can have heart attack but certainly the cause is not being fit.

I am going to have a shave so will reply later.

I don't have it, but it's not necessarily true.

It's very hard to detect ADD in smart people, mostly because they never think to get checked because they don't encounter problems in their educational lives.

Also, ADD symptoms could be acute, especially with today's way of life. A week without technology could alliviate all symptoms.

A bunch of dumb people do have ADHD though, I don't agree with the BS statement "they're not dumb they just have ADHD, if you treat it they're smart" that's BS, load anyone up on amphetamines and he will become smarter, regardless of if they have ADHD or not.

If you consume enough salt you can't really die of drinking too much water.

My basic training was in the desert and it was 47 degrees Celsius at some point and I would drink 6-7 liters of water per day.

I don't have it, but it's not necessarily true.

It's very hard to detect ADD in smart people, mostly because they never think to get checked because they don't encounter problems in their educational lives.

Also, ADD symptoms could be acute, especially with today's way of life. A week without technology could alliviate all symptoms.

A bunch of dumb people do have ADHD though, I don't agree with the BS statement "they're not dumb they just have ADHD, if you treat it they're smart" that's BS, load anyone up on amphetamines and he will become smarter, regardless of if they have ADHD or not.

If you consume enough salt you can't really die of drinking too much water.

My basic training was in the desert and it was 47 degrees Celsius at some point and I would drink 6-7 liters of water per day.
who exactly said amphetamin made you smarter

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom