What's new

Does ADHD / ADD happen ONLY to low IQ people?

Does ADHD / ADD happen ONLY to low IQ people?

• Yes, ADHD / ADD happens ONLY to low IQ people.

• No, ADHD / ADD can happen to average IQ people also.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Skimming

Reaction score
Country
India
Health websites like WebMD, Mayo Clinic, healthline etc don't state it explicitly but they gently suggest, hint that ADHD / ADD happens ONLY to low IQ people. The theory is that high density of brain matter of high IQ people makes them immune to ADHD / ADD.

Is it true?

Health websites like WebMD, Mayo Clinic, healthline etc don't state it explicitly but they gently suggest, hint that ADHD / ADD happens ONLY to low IQ people. The theory is that high density of brain matter of high IQ people makes them immune to ADHD / ADD.

Is it true?
i don't think WebMD ever stated that ADHD happen to low IQ people or it has any relation to IQ
on other hand these peoples usually fail IQ test not because they have low IQ but because they have low attention span and don't concentrate on test

Funny just today I over heard some people arguing over whether the ADHD/ADD was even real or not.

ACtually people with ADHD or and ADD probably have IQs on the higher end- why? well from what i've read multiple times, high intelligence is often associated with psychological /social/behavioral issues- genius does seem to come with a liiil crazy. ADD, ADHD, NPD, Bipolar, depression et.c are all present in many brilliant people's minds.

No.

Many with ADHD are intelligent unless comorbid learning difficulty.

Unfortunately, due to their symptamology namely innatention they may acquire learning difficulties as they are unable to reach key milestones later on in life.

Acute Defence Housing Deficit is a deadly disease. It can enslave multiple generations across borders. IQ is irrelevant here.

i don't think WebMD ever stated that ADHD happen to low IQ people or it has any relation to IQ
on other hand these peoples usually fail IQ test not because they have low IQ but because they have low attention span and don't concentrate on test

Funny just today I over heard some people arguing over whether the ADHD/ADD was even real or not.

ACtually people with ADHD or and ADD probably have IQs on the higher end- why? well from what i've read multiple times, high intelligence is often associated with psychological /social/behavioral issues- genius does seem to come with a liiil crazy. ADD, ADHD, NPD, Bipolar, depression et.c are all present in many brilliant people's minds.

No.

Many with ADHD are intelligent unless comorbid learning difficulty.

Unfortunately, due to their symptamology namely innatention they may acquire learning difficulties as they are unable to reach key milestones later on in life.

Why was it that this ADHD was "discovered" in Capitalist Britain and then later Capitalist USA declared it a mental disorder ?

Probably right from Gautama Buddha to Hazrat Isa to Hazrat Muhammad to Karl Marx to Michael Faraday to Nikola Tesla to Lenin to Hugo Chavez would have been declared ADHD by these charlatans called psychiatrists. Psychology is a legitimate field but psychiatry is a fraud.

@Mentee @fitpOsitive @Jf Thunder @Zibago

Voting doesn't bump up the thread.

I bumped it.

Why was it that this ADHD was "discovered" in Capitalist Britain and then later Capitalist USA declared it a mental disorder ?

Probably right from Gautama Buddha to Hazrat Isa to Hazrat Muhammad to Karl Marx to Michael Faraday to Nikola Tesla to Lenin to Hugo Chavez would have been declared ADHD by these charlatans called psychiatrists. Psychology is a legitimate field but psychiatry is a fraud.

I bumped it.

Interesting

What is your analysis of reduced neurotransmitter concentrations namely dopamine as revealed by neuroimaging and its positive correlation with ADHD treatments such as stimulants?

Interesting

What is your analysis of reduced neurotransmitter concentrations namely dopamine as revealed by neuroimaging and its positive correlation with ADHD treatments such as stimulants?

I don't know at the moment but I suppose it is just like fMRI - fraudulent.

tell me whats the definition of ADHD and i answer you

I’m pretty sure I have ADHD, but I’m doing alright in life. I do have issues concentrating at times but I have to push through it.

A friend of mine has a PHD, he also was diagnosed with ADHD.

ADHD isn't a marker of one's intelligence, it's just a slight mental disorder that makes it hard for the individuals to concentrate properly on any one thing (oversimplified explanation).

A friend of mine has a PHD, he also was diagnosed with ADHD.

ADHD isn't a marker of one's intelligence, it's just a slight mental disorder that makes it hard for the individuals to concentrate properly on any one thing (oversimplified explanation).

I’m constantly thinking about 3 things at once. It’s strange for sure. Maybe I’m retarded tho..

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom