What's new

Do India Really Neeed MMRCA now

ndia's main threat is internal, it cannot safeguard lives of its own citizen, it's citizen are alive coz of sympathizes of terrorist! they can strike anytime at their own wishes and airforce won't be able to save citizen. Pakistan or China won't be attacking India any soon where as separatist movements and their activities are real threat and one needs intelligence not MRCA to deal with it! Same time India needs to Develop the areas affected by separatist movement, bring education and employment for locals!
Are u a representative of the Chinese and Pakistan think tank??????? How do u know they wont be attacking now, ok then when will they be doing? Let me know that I will inform the MOD to Buy these birds at that time.
Pathetic man, dont we already suffered from this in 65. Thank God the IAF doesnt share ur thoughts.

The IAF has said there would be no delay in finalising the $11-billion 126 combat aircraft deal even though the two-year deadline for the bids submitted by six global aerospace majors ended last week.

"As far as the process (finalising the tenders) is concerned, it is well on track as was visualised," IAF Chief Air Chief Marshal P V Naik said here on the sidelines of a function to unveil a portrait of Marshal of Air Force Arjan Singh at the Akash Mess yesterday.

Naik said the process of evaluating the six contenders for the 'mother of all deals' would take time and it was not an easy task.

"I am very happy and proud of our people, who have done this (evaluation) on time. They will finish off (the flight and weapons trials) by end of May. It will be a delay of about five or ten days. Our evaluation, testing is on schedule," he said, when asked if the deadline extension would delay the procurement process.

For the tenders floated in August 2007, US majors Lockheed Martin and Boeing, Russian RAC MiG, French D'Assault, Swedish SAAB and European consortium EADS had submitted their bids.

The companies have offered their F-16IN, F/A-18, MiG-35, Rafale, Gripen and Eurofighter Typhoon aircraft as the furture medium multirole combat aircraft for the IAF.

While the IAF has completed the technical evaluation of the bids submitted by the companies in early 2008, the commercial bids were yet to be opened.

The IAF began the flight and weapons evaluation of the six aircraft last year and is set to complete the trials by end of this month.

However, the deadline for the commercial bids ended last week following which the Defence Ministry asked the companies to submit fresh bids or extend the deadline for their existing bids.

When asked about the deadline extension, Naik said, "Deadline expiry is a routine thing, which happens in quite a few cases. The deadline is extended (in such cases)."

Meanwhile, senior IAF officials said they had set a timeline for three years since the tenders were issued to complete the process of evaluation of all the six aircraft in the fray.

"This three-year deadline we will be able to meet," they said.

To a query on the American Defence Security Cooperation Agency notifying the Congress on the possible sale of 10 Boeing C-17 transport aircraft to India through the Foreign Military Sales route, Naik said the IAF expects the US to send a Letter of Acceptance (LOA) soon.

"They will send us a letter of LOA from their side and the progress will continue. We expect it shortly," he said.

Earlier, Naik unveiled the portrait of Arjan Singh in the lobby of Akash Mess in the presence of the Marshal of the Air Force, his family members and artist Sanjay Bhattacharya, who had made the portrait.

"It is a very special privilege. Marshal is the only five-star officer amongst all the three services in the country at present. He is an icon as far as the IAF is concerned. His exploits are very well known. So it is a privilege for us to have a picture of his in the Akash mess, which is a special Air Force mess," Naik said.

Arjan Singh said the portrait was a recognition of the IAF's eight-decade contribution to the nation.

"I think it is not about the Marshal, but recognition of the Air Force's eight-decade work. The Air Force has always helped the country in not only fighting the enemy but also in humanitarian work. I am quite sure that the IAF is really well-organised, well-trained, and will continue to serve the country," he said.

No delay in MMRCA tender process: IAF Chief

Actually the Mirage 2000 with UAE are the latest Mirage 2000-9 standards, it is the same standard we are upgrading our planes to. So is they are willing to sell us these planes, we should grab them along with the MRCA. :sniper:

These Mirages are not offered at less price. They will also cost around 55-60 million a piece and that too 12 yrs old machine. why not grab new fighters with ToT in little more money.
Moreover why to still buy old fighters with 55-60 millions when 5th Generation fighter would be available in next 7-9 yrs time.

I think MRCA should continue because first it will fill the gap of depleting no of squadrons which India requires now. Mig-27 n Jaguars should be retired once MRCA is in picture here.
Secondly it will help India in grabbing Europen or US technology thru ToT which will be helpful in building future jets like AMCA or even in Tejas Mk-II (not much sure but possibility is there).

I think India is trying to balance and take all advantages of the current economic crisis, through defense deals with them.

Are u a representative of the Chinese and Pakistan think tank??????? How do u know they wont be attacking now, ok then when will they be doing? Let me know that I will inform the MOD to Buy these birds at that time.
Pathetic man, dont we already suffered from this in 65. Thank God the IAF doesnt share ur thoughts.

In this era! probability of full fledged war is close to zero! moreover IAF already has 550+ fighters! plus if you have good intelligence agency many wars could be detected and checked at right time!

In this era! probability of full fledged war is close to zero! moreover IAF already has 550+ fighters! plus if you have good intelligence agency many wars could be detected and checked at right time!
In this era the is no probability of full fledged war... There is reason we r moving forward with modernization process with the armed force, and also it is called deterrence . Again I tell U we dont want to be in a situation were we need to act after something happens. ( Kargil is the best example).
MRCA though costly it is still necessary.

Remember guys if you invest in military equipment and you never face war using that equipment then that is a very good investment

^^^^ Kargil was intelligence failure, it would have never happened if we had good intelligence machinery

^^^^ Kargil was intelligence failure, it would have never happened if we had good intelligence machinery
Agreed, but dear friend first ask this question to yourself..

When our neighbours are scalling up production of advanced jets, how do you expect your country to "invest on intelligence?"

When everytime they is some conspirecy or other to and we have people like Hamid talking to bring Delhi down, you want to "invest on intelligence?"

Just remember even if they manage to encroach a single square mile land and our intelligence is able to track it, before they do it, you will defend the land with what?, Mig 21s?....obviouslly you will not use MKI to expose such an expensive jet to SAMs...will you?

The Indian Air force now has good top end fighter but "no good low end called as high low mix".

You need planes to safeguard your contry first, create the level of fear on enemy's heart to not even think of attacking you.

do you know whay Pak is so behind Kashmir?, Iam sure you know it.

ring a bell?

^^^^ and thats why i am all for GRIPEN...

You are? I thought considering the size of your country, you'd need something with greater combat radius and the requirement of a dual engine like Typhoon or Rafale or even the MiG-35. I'd say that while Gripen NG is my personal favourite, your government would want to go for something with two engines rather than a single one since your home-grown fighter is already a single engined one.

BTW I am surprised the thread even started considering that your government has kept the world's top 6 manufacturers of fighter aircraft on the edge of their seats for around half a decade. Now canceling the deal will not be good for your country's diplomatic front.

^^^ somewhere i read that final number of MKI will be 350...and while the last batch of MKI will be getting inducted , most probably FGFA will be set to make an entry into our arsenal...so for now it will be a combo of MKI as high end, MRCA ( gripen) in middle and LCA,MIRAGEs, fulcrums at the lower end...
and after 10-12 yrs.. FGFA at top, MKI at middle and others at lower end of chain..

plus we should not forget the maintenance of GRIPEN will be a lot easier ...and TOT will also be done honestly ..

^^^ somewhere i read that final number of MKI will be 350...and while the last batch of MKI will be getting inducted , most probably FGFA will be set to make an entry into our arsenal...so for now it will be a combo of MKI as high end, MRCA ( gripen) in middle and LCA,MIRAGEs, fulcrums at the lower end...
and after 10-12 yrs.. FGFA at top, MKI at middle and others at lower end of chain..

plus we should not forget the maintenance of GRIPEN will be a lot easier ...and TOT will also be done honestly ..

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom