What's new

Do India Really Neeed MMRCA now

whats wrong with your system. why are you posting double.
may be time to change keyboard/mouse.

cant change...its from company...its just Net speed sucks here in the hotel..

India should better be good in making home grown planes such as LCA or MCA, the whole idea to replace Mig-21,27 and Jags in future freaks me out, those many numbers would require so many billion dollars if bought from outside where as if we take China route which is making on our own low/mid end aircrafts we can easily have number advantage! my 2 cents!

^^^ somewhere i read that final number of MKI will be 350...and while the last batch of MKI will be getting inducted , most probably FGFA will be set to make an entry into our arsenal...so for now it will be a combo of MKI as high end, MRCA ( gripen) in middle and LCA,MIRAGEs, fulcrums at the lower end...
and after 10-12 yrs.. FGFA at top, MKI at middle and others at lower end of chain..

plus we should not forget the maintenance of GRIPEN will be a lot easier ...and TOT will also be done honestly ..
Gripen is easy to maintain but for a country as big as yours, it has some serious limitations too. It doesn't have the combat radius as big to make up for a potential conflict scenario if deployed from your inner bases, which to my understanding are deep into your territory. Carrying of additional drop-tanks would mean that you would have to reduce the ordinance on-board.

Also considering the warm-up you have with the Russians and the sensitivity of American sanctions after your nuclear tests, I don't suppose your government would consider buying American whether direct or indirect in this case in such a crucial forefront requirement of national defense.

Indian stance sometimes is at cross-roads with the Western world which is not good, but then again it is your country and your public you are serving. So your choice. But still I have a feeling that only dual engines would be selected and I am placing my bet on Typhoon. German technology is the safest when it comes to the kind of demands your government has out of this deal (courtesy the news being splashed all over the world's defense magazines and newsletters)

Gripen is easy to maintain but for a country as big as yours, it has some serious limitations too. It doesn't have the combat radius as big to make up for a potential conflict scenario if deployed from your inner bases, which to my understanding are deep into your territory. Carrying of additional drop-tanks would mean that you would have to reduce the ordinance on-board.

Also considering the warm-up you have with the Russians and the sensitivity of American sanctions after your nuclear tests, I don't suppose your government would consider buying American whether direct or indirect in this case in such a crucial forefront requirement of national defense.

Indian stance sometimes is at cross-roads with the Western world which is not good, but then again it is your country and your public you are serving. So your choice. But still I have a feeling that only dual engines would be selected and I am placing my bet on Typhoon. German technology is the safest when it comes to the kind of demands your government has out of this deal (courtesy the news being splashed all over the world's defense magazines and newsletters)

the entire idea of mrca was to get away from a single vendor that is russia n buy european or american... although i like typhoon very much i would say it is expensive and may not be accomodated in the same budget....

as far as gripen is concerned i would like to buy f16 IN instead...they r of the same price(well almost the same) and f16's will be as prone to sanctions as gripen....it has more payload,a tried n tested AESA radar and good weaponry as well as more range..and it is the proven multirole aircraft in the race

out of all the 6 contenders gripen is my least favourite:cheers:

yes now also need mrca why not?????? world will got limited 5th gen until 2025 so until that yes have to buy 4-5 gen fighter

India should better be good in making home grown planes such as LCA or MCA, the whole idea to replace Mig-21,27 and Jags in future freaks me out, those many numbers would require so many billion dollars if bought from outside where as if we take China route which is making on our own low/mid end aircrafts we can easily have number advantage! my 2 cents!
Please keep in mind that China don't has any foreign fighters or techs on offer, that's why they have to do it mainly on their own. India instead is not that limited, it's good that we go for more indigenous developments, but these will be even better if we can add foreign techs, or serve alongside foreign fighters. At the moment we are not able to develop a 4+ gen fighter on our own, a 5. gen completely on our own will take 12 to 15 years, so in between we have to get foreing stuff anyway to not only replace in numbers, but also add more power to the fleet.
The MKI is a good fighter but is not unbeatable, especially when we keep in mind the numerical superiority of PLAAF, which means we need capable fighters alongside of it and LCA won't be enough in this regard.

The MKI is a good fighter but is not unbeatable, especially when we keep in mind the numerical superiority of PLAAF, which means we need capable fighters alongside of it and LCA won't be enough in this regard.

Correct.

And Harry Mohan.

The point is China , that they are in a state where they can develope most of the avionics of a 4th or 4++ gen fighter on their own, which is clear as you can say they have single handedly taken over their 5th Gen fighter program.

India will be catching up that speed in 10-15 years when we will be able to field Kaveri, AESA, Astra.

Once these things are in place we can develope our own machines and be less dependant on west or Russia.

The MRCA is a stop gap check and a medium to give us the learning experience until we get there....

Back
Top Bottom