What's new

Divorce at marriage ceremony

@Talon
what is wrong with giving a wedding gift to the wife, something is not adding up and how come the husband is asking for a wedding gift/dowry, there must something else in the equation?

Last edited by a moderator:
@Talon
what is wrong with giving a wedding gift to the wife, something is not adding up and how come the husband is asking for a wedding gift/dowry, there must something else in the equation?

heheheh... @liontk welcome to South Asia!! ;)

In South Asia there is a disgusting culture of shamelessly asking for DOWRY from women...this is the same culture which caused poor parents to bury their daughter alive as they knew they wont be able to afford getting them married...

In todays world SOME dont even ask directly and just imply like:

My son loves Lexus car (seriously even if they cant afford it they will drop poisonous hints like that and put the bride and her whole family in tension)

Others are worse, they will keep reminding the bride all through her marriage how LITTLE she brought with her... like they own a castle or something :rolleyes:

Only RECENTLY have SOME gotten the brains to tell these creatures off...and I salute each and every one of them! Seriously if some idiot comes asking my parents for even a pen....I will rip his head off just to pass the msg ;)

But the thing is that a woman cant divorce husband.

kisnay kaha? Didnt 1 of Prophet's wife divorced her husband?

what is the point of converting if you keep worst of hinduism and worst of islam.... seems 'proper' islam will take ages to arrive.
:agree:
When we have critics who prefer looking into other's affairs then fixing themselves then yes REAL ISLAM will take forever!

Asking stuff from girl's family is just plain wrong. Parents may give some things to their daughters, but big ticket items are wrong. My sisters received practical dowry and share in property. My parents refused any suggestion of dowry when us brothers were married. When parents are giving away a piece of their heart, their daughter, it is awful to expect more.

Dowry is cure in our society which is not related to Islam an this very bad practice came from Hidu tradition . it is haram to take dowry rather giving mohranaa to bride is the rule of Islam .I am not sure can a bride give talak to bride groom but any ways its great move by the brave girl . every girl in our society need to resisted this practice .

for every thing very easy to say Hindu culture is responsible ,why you people getting too much infected by Hinduism,why still not able to follow your own rule,

now technically.................basically two type of society exist

paternal and Matriarchy society,

Indonesian is great example of Matriarchy society(in past entire nation was Hindu/now 90% of total population follow Islam)

here groom pay money to bride,

85% people keep there last name of mother ,

in any application form, mother name is important , it doesn't effect ,if you are not writing father name , mother name is mandatory

most of the people do prefer to live with their elder daughter, when they become old ,

i believe Matriarchy society is more better than paternal , because, now i can compare between Indonesian and Indian society,

God Bless the bride
very well done

looking at the thread, before reading I was wondering it was really messed up (F'ed up) thing to do to someone and is only cruel but the details explain and justify that.

@Talon there is nothing wrong or disgusting about dowry. If it is given freely by the parents of the bride. After all, the girl comes into the home of the boy, not the other way around. For all intents and purposes from that point on it is the duty of the boy to protect and provide for her and their kids. You will say that the girl today also works. Well, in most cases it is because she wants to. Or the family needs her to. But the primary bread earner still remains the boy. He does not have the choice to sit at home. The girl does. So her dowry contributes to give the couple a start in life. Simple. Do not bash the tradition because of the avarice of people. Bash the people instead. And what is mehar which is practices by you guys? Is it not approximately the same?

@Talon there is nothing wrong or disgusting about dowry. If it is given freely by the parents of the bride.
If a girl's parents freely give it then it is considered gifts...or that is what I have been told by some Indians...that is ADDITIONAL BONUS to the BOY'S demands...I have even heard crap along these lines:

Humnay baytay ki pervarish ki parhaya ...itna paysa lagaya...usko 30 yrs tak pala...blaa blaa...like the girl's parents brought her up for free :rolleyes:

Gifts EVERY parent who can afford gives...But DOWRY ESP when the guy's side askes unreasonable stuff like a pauper is SHAMELESSLY DISGUSTING and NOTHING LESS

After all, the girl comes into the home of the boy, not the other way around. For all intents and purposes from that point on it is the duty of the boy to protect and provide for her and their kids.
so its a tax for protection? Sounds like gunda tax which Altaf asks for :whistle:

You will say that the girl today also works. Well, in most cases it is because she wants to. Or the family needs her to. But the primary bread earner still remains the boy. He does not have the choice to sit at home. The girl does. So her dowry contributes to give the couple a start in life. Simple.
Do you seriously think THAT is justifiable?!

Plus SHE is leaving HER family...Her safe place...She is ALREADY MAKING a sacrifice to fit into a family of unknown! Yet you want her to bring her own house along? Why not the guy go live in the girl's house if he demands so much?!

Do not bash the tradition because of the avarice of people. Bash the people instead. And what is mehar which is practices by you guys? Is it not approximately the same?
Mahr is a price given to the girl on Nikkah which IS DECIDED BEFORE THE NIKKAH. It can be as less as a single date fruit to as much as millions depending on the how much the guy can afford...The girl has full haq to ask how much she wants ...1 min you people say guy is the BREAD EARNER...yet you ask the 1 who isnt the earner to pay the one who is earning? Sorry doesnt make sense to me!

Haq mahr is given from an earner to the girl to show he will be able to look after her later on as well...and is given AT NIKKAH not busted or beaten out of the girl...Nor it is something like kissi par ehsaan kiya ....Plus in Islam girls are princesses they are given rights...In case a divorce happens, she has something to restart her life...

what is the point of converting if you keep worst of hinduism and worst of islam.... seems 'proper' islam will take ages to arrive.

hinduguy people personal actions have nothing to do with religion they follow.During the business meetings some times lunch hour approaches.I assure you i have seen all kind of dietary restriction broken by all religious back ground personals.

I was going to rip your arguments to shreds point by painful point.

And then I read this ......

....Plus in Islam girls are princesses they are given rights...In case a divorce happens, she has something to restart her life...

How can I argue with the seriously deluded? Better to watch manufactured reality on Bollywood instead. Heard Satyagrah is nice.

Arguing with you gives me a headache. You are an Islamist and a militant feminist. Both types I personally avoid like the plague in real life.

I was going to rip your arguments to shreds point by painful point.
Everyone likes to act macho...
And then I read this ......
How can I argue with the seriously deluded? Better to watch manufactured reality on Bollywood instead. Heard Satyagrah is nice.
:agree: go enjoy BOLLYWOOD mirch masalah :rofl:
Yea anyone supporting women rights in the West...you will jump up and down with them but GOD forbid Islam favours women over men... :rolleyes:

No idea what Satyagrah is ...

Arguing with you gives me a headache. You are an Islamist and a militant feminist. Both types I personally avoid like the plague in real life.
Good you know dont quote me! :pop:

oh oh BTW, talking about Bollywood mirch masalah...I recall once there was some song that went something like this:

TUJHAY MIRCHI LAGI TOU MEIN KIYA KEROUN :rofl:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5_BhsgR9G8

guys dont get personal...
I did not get the spoon joke btw.. something about rich people? :what:

guys dont get personal...
I did not get the spoon joke btw.. something about rich people? :what:

I dont know what he wanna dig at?! :unsure:

Thank you but kindly advice your citizens about it... :tup:

When you spout s.hit about my religion, Hinduism, you have already gotten personal. Don't whine for the mods when you get some of it back.

Keep the spoon handy. For when the time comes.

What sh1t? Did I say ANYTHING BAD? Dowry is in Hinduism....so unless you say your religion is full of sh1t .... :tsk:

Shame on you...Instead of clearing misconceptions you go personal!

Back
Top Bottom