What's new

Divorce at marriage ceremony

Brave decision and probably good one but may be the matter could be resolved peacefully

Good decision from Bride's point of view

We are still tainted with thousands of years of rock worshiping, we still need some time to cleanse ourselves of such *****.

EDIT: I said f i l t h
donno why it censored that.

Maybe your allah read the ****** tendency with which you wrote the comments and hence over ruled the laws of this forums

_56723739_image0675.jpg

Ms Yasmin said her husband was a 'rogue' to demand dowry payments

2011-11-15-21-36-42-hiron-tm.jpg

The divorced husband Shawkat Ali Khan - Head Master in a Primary School of Patuakhali

The evil tradition of dowry is a curse is a bribe to bridegroom to me. It is one of the major causes of breakage of matrimonial bonds in the sub-continent. There is NO concept of dowry in Islam but the local tradition has so strong roots that it has become a necessary part of our society.

Because they should be buying the woman Saudi style? :hitwall:

Nobody should be getting a dowry from anyone. Marriage should be about getting a relationship and not wealth.

And dowry isnt buying? :rofl:

The evil tradition of dowry is a curse is a bribe to bridegroom to me. It is one of the major causes of breakage of matrimonial bonds in the sub-continent. There is NO concept of dowry in Islam but the local tradition has so strong roots that it has become a necessary part of our society.

dowry is supposed to be a gift and it is in other culture too ... but demanding it is wrong...

Divorce at marriage ceremony

Sat, Nov 12th, 2011 10:02 pm
Barguna, Nov 12 (bdnews24.com) – A bride has divorced the bridegroom for demanding dowry on the very day of marriage.

The bride, Farjana Yasmin, is the daughter of Khalilur Rahman of Kalipura village under Kukua union council of Amtali upazila of the district. She recently completed her Masters in Social Welfare from Dhaka's Eden College, securing first class.

The bridegroom, Shawkat Ali Khan alias Hiran, is headmaster of a government primary school at Kalapara upazila in Patuakhali district. He is the son of Shah Alam Khan of Madrasah Road area in Kalapara municipality.

Farjana told bdnews24.com that she was married to Shawkat on Friday morning.

"As they were about to leave our house along with me, his (Shawkat) aunt Tahmina Begum demanded a TV set, refrigerator, motorbike and some other things as dowry in presence of the guests," she said.

As Shawkat also supported his aunt's demand, Farjana divorced him then and there.

"He who demands dowry can never be my life partner. I'm divorcing him in your presence," she told the guests.

The relatives of the bridegroom tried to solve the row until 9:45pm, but Farjana stuck to her guns.

The relatives of the bridegroom left the ceremony humiliated.

Farjana told bdnews24.com, "In my student life, I was an anti-dowry activist and generated awareness against it among the people. But now I have myself become its victim."

"I think women should stand against dowry."

Contacted, Shawkat's mobile phone set was found switched off.

Tahmina is the headmistress of a government primary school of Kalapara Sadar upazila.

bdnews24.com/corr/mhp/jk/skb/ssr/2150h

---------- Post added at 09:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:33 PM ----------

Now, this is what I call up holding the dignity. Marhaba to the girl. :tup:

But the thing is that a woman cant divorce husband.

What bhaigairti is this...Men demanding dowry from woman?

It;s called hinduism

no wonder so many millions of hindus converted to Islam over the centuries to escape this evil religion

So Islam has failed you despite hundreds of years of conversion?

islam was never properly implemented, this is the problem, this is why we have many muslims who demand a Islamic state

So Islam has failed you despite hundreds of years of conversion?

islam was never properly implemented, this is the problem, this is why we have many muslims who demand a Islamic state

_56723739_image0675.jpg

Ms Yasmin said her husband was a 'rogue' to demand dowry payments

2011-11-15-21-36-42-hiron-tm.jpg

The divorced husband Shawkat Ali Khan - Head Master in a Primary School of Patuakhali

wow, a village hottie!

It;s called hinduism

no wonder so many millions of hindus converted to Islam over the centuries to escape this evil religion

what is the point of converting if you keep worst of hinduism and worst of islam.... seems 'proper' islam will take ages to arrive.

Brave decision and probably good one but may be the matter could be resolved peacefully

Good decision from Bride's point of view

Its a brave decision ,
By resolving peacefully you mean talking to the ladka and convincing to drop the demand.
When they can demand dowry in her home what is the assurance they wont ask after she reaches there or even hurt her for the same.

We are still tainted with thousands of years of rock worshiping, we still need some time to cleanse ourselves of such *****.

EDIT: I said f i l t h
donno why it censored that.

Well, we can agree to disagree on whether the taint was before or after. ;)

BTW, did they tell you it would take so long to "cleanse yourself"? Hundreds of years, generations after generations.

Would you have still made the choice if you knew you would remain tainted for so long? Kind of a disclosure and caveats and FAQ stuff... ;)

And isn't it true for all Muslims everywhere?

So what gives?

It;s called hinduism

Well, that is the difference between us. We don't call your religion inherently evil.

And let's not go into the reasons for this conversion. ;)

Whose problem is that?

And we have seen what happens when it is "properly implemented". ;)

Well, that is the difference between us. We don't call your religion inherently evil.

And let's not go into the reasons for this conversion. ;)

Feels like some guys go to any extend to justify their conversion.. :omghaha:

I dont why some one have to degrade other religion to justify the conversion?

May be feeling ashamed of the way they were converted?? :whistle:

Back
Top Bottom