What's new

Division of muslims in indian subcontinent in 1947

Status
Not open for further replies.

Porbot

New Recruit

Reaction score
Hi all. I want to know something. I mean your idean, opinions and knowledge. Now in 1947 year two countres were created. India and Pakistan. Pakistan for muslims and india for All subcontinental religious groups (secular). I was thinking that Pakistan creation was a mistake. I mean from Afghanistan through Pakistan, India and Bangladesh to Myanmar would have benefitted muslim a way more but Allah decided and it happened. Anyway back to the topic. When Pakistan was created on left and right of India. We divided muslims in two parts. One in india and one in Pakistan. This weaken muslims and till now there are no real practice of islam both sides of Pakistan. Anyway our brothers in india face dangers like BABRI masque situation, Riots in Gujarat, Bombay and Assam. After that Bangladesh was created and muslims became more weak. So what was the purpose of creating the muslim country? And also, is it not forbidden to divide muslims? That exactly happened. Also, if if hypothetically, if muslims were not divided in 1947, then we would have more power in Indian subcontinent and no one could dictate us. I was thinking muslims today in pakistan and bangladesh are more than 90% and in india, even india shows less, is over 25% or over. Just think, what wouldn't happen if we were united!!! Alhamdulillah, mashallah and may allah love and bless us more more more and more.

I disagree.
The problem with the Sub-continent is that we have never had true unity.
Everyone is always fighting everyone else. Hindus fighting, Muslims, Sikhs, and other Hindus. Of course Muslims, Sikhs, Christians, etc are fighting everyone and themselves as well. So if Pakistan was not created, our problems would be lowered, they would increase since we would not be united. With Pakistan, we have the ability to forge our own path and not be tied town to the whims of Tamils or Biharis or who ever else has no link to us, but could control the direction we took.

Besides, if you Bangladeshis are not happy with partition, then you could always go back to India.

Besides, if you Bangladeshis are not happy with partition, then you could always go back to India.

Your post was fine till you added that part.

Porbot dude is just delving into hypotheticals and i do not think he intends to have bangladesh and india united.

Op does make a good case that if there was some sort of a unifying factor (religion is not one) the muslims of the subcontinent would have had a much bigger playing field in a united india.
But because of lack of education and lack of knowledge of history, i guess partition was inevitable.

i don't why some people keep coming back to Undivided India again n again...:hitwall:

U guys wanted a seprate country u got it specially Bangladeshis(East Bengal) as it was bcoz of ur votes Pakistan came into being...

India, Pakistan n Bangladesh r reality try to live with it...

Its better for all of us to stay like this n if u still want unification then go economic not demographic unification...:agree:

can you find any one who would have said no thank you God for the partition?-

me. i feel pakistan's creation weakened the indian subcontinent (ie india) internally and drastically. many indians make a wrong assumption that if partition did not happen, what today comprises of pakistan- the people and its culture, would be a part of india.
they cannot be more wrong. If it did not take place, if india remained as a single entity, the muslims of sindh, balochistan, punjab etc would be VERY different from what they are today- ethically, culturally and morally.
Lahore would be a sikh city, Karachi a Hindu city and Delhi a muslim one.
Then there are the millions of lives lost in the riots.

My countrymen fail to see that and keep parroting "Thank God partition happened".

me. i feel pakistan's creation weakened the indian subcontinent (ie india) internally and drastically. many indians make a wrong assumption that if partition did not happen, what today comprises of pakistan- the people and its culture, would be a part of india.
they cannot be more wrong. If it did not take place, if india remained as a single entity, the muslims of sindh, balochistan, punjab etc would be VERY different from what they are today- ethically, culturally and morally.

My countrymen fail to see that and keep parroting "Thank God partition happened".

Would a federation of India-Pak-BD be stronger than the current India economically? No.
Politically? No, there would be no unity.
Socialy? No

So yes, thank God partition happened. If you are so fond of Pakistanis, you can apply for citizenship there and live there. But please don't ruin our India with your wierd fantasies.

Would a federation of India-Pak-BD be stronger than the current India economically? No.
Politically? No, there would be no unity.
Socialy? No

So yes, thank God partition happened. If you are so fond of Pakistanis, you can apply for citizenship there and live there. But please don't ruin our India with your wierd fantasies.

you are exactly the kind of indians i was talking about. the ones who do not have the intellect to at least imagine an alternate timeline or reality. If there was no partition, there would be no pakistanis.

you are exactly the kind of indians i was talking about. the ones who do not have the intellect to at least imagine an alternate timeline or reality. If there was no partition, there would be no pakistanis.

Yes I am. Dont see what your argument is.

If there was no partition, then we would have terror attacks daily in Mumbai and Delhi. Pakistani is just a political identity that Muslims at that time in Punjab/Bengal/Sindh demanded, and they were willing to go as far as killing off all Hindus/Sikhs in their homeland to make sure that their political demands turned into reality. If there was no partition, they would keep doing that (riots/killings of minorities) in post-Indpendence India to make sure that they got to live with their Muslim Ummah. The only one that seems to be lacking intellect here is you.

Yes I am. Dont see what your argument is.

If there was no partition, then we would have terror attacks daily in Mumbai and Delhi. Pakistani is just a political identity that Muslims at that time in Punjab/Bengal/Sindh demanded, and they were willing to go as far as killing off all Hindus/Sikhs in their homeland to make sure that their political demands turned into reality. If there was no partition, they would keep doing that (riots/killings of minorities) in post-Indpendence India to make sure that they got to live with their Muslim Ummah. The only one that seems to be lacking intellect here is you.

since you are incapable of understanding the chain of causality yourself, let me help you by giving one example.

If there was no partition, then we would have terror attacks daily in Mumbai and Delhi.

why do we have bomb blasts today? Pakistan sends or aids militants. why? state policy since 80's.
why? kashmir.
Now imagine undivided india and examine the following chain.
No Pakistan - no kashmir problem - no islamic militancy - no bomb blasts.
Get it?

Now use this logic to solve the rest of your doubts.

Reality is they took different country but failed to survive as good country ,lack of skills they don't have ability to run a country , extremist foundation shown colour.

can you find any one who would have said no thank you God for the partition?-
When you see Indian batting line up Sachin, Sehwag, Saurav + few bowlers like Kumble etc. and Pakistani bowling line up, especially in times of Wasim, Waqar, Saqlain + batsmen like Saeed Anwar etc. , I think hope we didn't have partition. :D

Think of this team.

if india remained as a single entity, the muslims of sindh, balochistan, punjab etc would be VERY different from what they are today- ethically, culturally and morally.

interesting concept, but leads to too many unknowns.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom