What's new

Divides over Religion.

Comet

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
I have been noticing that a few Indian members are coming up with topics that are pretty debatable (also flammable at times) and on which we Pakistanis have some sort of divide, such as this topic. http://www.defence.pk/forums/members-club/53456-fatwa-against-modelling-muslim-women.html

We Pakistanis may have divide over religion as every Muslim, Hindu, Sikh, Christian, Parsi etc living in Pakistan IS Pakistani and has right to be on this forum (Defense Forum). Even in Muslims, we have Fundamentalist (not you Mr. Fundamentalist but in general :) ) and Secular people on this forum. And different people have different point of view.

Many a time we deviate from defense topics and start debating on religion. Many a times there are discussions, many a times there are fights. I believe that this being Defense Forum, there shouldn't be discussion on religion at all.
:pakistan:

I have been noticing that a few Indian members are coming up with topics that are pretty debatable (also flammable at times) and on which we Pakistanis have some sort of divide, such as this topic. http://www.defence.pk/forums/members-club/53456-fatwa-against-modelling-muslim-women.html

We Pakistanis may have divide over religion as every Muslim, Hindu, Sikh, Christian, Parsi etc living in Pakistan IS Pakistani and has right to be on this forum (Defense Forum). Even in Muslims, we have Fundamentalist (not you Mr. Fundamentalist but in general :) ) and Secular people on this forum. And different people have different point of view.

Many a time we deviate from defense topics and start debating on religion. Many a times there are discussions, many a times there are fights. I believe that this being Defense Forum, there shouldn't be discussion on religion at all.

1. What is the need of starting a thread in section?????

You should post this type of threads in "Suggestions & Discussions" section.

2. The "Fatwa" thread you are referring is a news from India.

3. The most important thing,

a. when we can have Riaz Haq's BS musings about poverty in India, when we can have threads about toilets, starvation, borrowing and spending, illiteracy type of wet dreams in a defense forum.

b. India making Bangladesh a desert. :blah::blah: in a defense forum.

Then what's wrong in Fatwa type threads????

Even though this is a defence forum, I personally have learnt a lot about Islam and various views of Islam by different Muslims. I do not believe that the thread relating to the fatwa against modelling was meant to incite or cause any insult to Islam. In fact , if you read that thread I asked a question which was meant to educate me and others on whether the fatwa will be abided by or ignored in Pakistan which is an Islamic Republic. Two Pakistani members gave me a response which was educational. If threads on religion or religious issues are started to educate other members who are not educated on those religions I see no need for offence by members of those religions. Actually, when I first signed on here, there was a tendancy by many Pakistani members to label Indians as Hindus until it was correctly pointed out by certain Pakistanis and Indians that there is a significant Hindu population in Pakistan who are extremely patriotic. A thread relating to Pakistani Hindu parliamentarians walking out in protest after a remark by a Judge in Pakistan was rather enlightening as well as many Pakistani members acknowledged the input of Pakistani Hindus to their nation and I did notice that insults towards Hindus and Hinduism simmered off thereafter on this forum.

1. What is the need of starting a thread in section?????

You should post this type of threads in "Suggestions & Discussions" section.

2. The "Fatwa" thread you are referring is a news from India.

3. The most important thing,

a. when we can have Riaz Haq's BS musings about poverty in India, when we can have threads about toilets, starvation, borrowing and spending, illiteracy type of wet dreams in a defense forum.

b. India making Bangladesh a desert. :blah::blah: in a defense forum.

Then what's wrong in Fatwa type threads????
I have mentioned what is wrong with it. Having toilet or no toilet is also irrelevant to PDF.

Look bro similar anti Pakistani thread can be found on certain Indian forums too. The only difference is that Pakistanis are not part of those forums. But I still not advocating it.

Even though this is a defence forum, I personally have learnt a lot about Islam and various views of Islam by different Muslims. I do not believe that the thread relating to the fatwa against modelling was meant to incite or cause any insult to Islam. In fact , if you read that thread I asked a question which was meant to educate me and others on whether the fatwa will be abided by or ignored in Pakistan which is an Islamic Republic. Two Pakistani members gave me a response which was educational. If threads on religion or religious issues are started to educate other members who are not educated on those religions I see no need for offence by members of those religions. Actually, when I first signed on here, there was a tendancy by many Pakistani members to label Indians as Hindus until it was correctly pointed out by certain Pakistanis and Indians that there is a significant Hindu population in Pakistan who are extremely patriotic. A thread relating to Pakistani Hindu parliamentarians walking out in protest after a remark by a Judge in Pakistan was rather enlightening as well as many Pakistani members acknowledged the input of Pakistani Hindus to their nation and I did notice that insults towards Hindus and Hinduism simmered off thereafter on this forum.

Well, if you are interested in Religion then you can be on Religious forums. But, Religion should not be discussed on PDF. People interested in defense are not the best people to learn religion from.

Well, if you are interested in Religion then you can be on Religious forums. But, Religion should not be discussed on PDF. People interested in defense are not the best people to learn religion from.

With respect, your reply is ridiculous. Will you kindly scroll through the various sections of this forum. You will notice that there isn't one section limited to defence only. Please stop being phobic. You really are not making any sense

With respect, your reply is ridiculous. Will you kindly scroll through the various sections of this forum. You will notice that there isn't one section limited to defence only. Please stop being phobic. You really are not making any sense

Stop reading my posts if they don't make any sense. It is not necessary to poke your nose in every thing.

P.S. This thread was for Pakistanis.

Last edited:
there is a need to start such tread becoz.........i donty know y u guyz r doing so?????
i wonder.................amy be RAW is envolved.....just kiddin.........but INDIAN fellows remember its a defence forum........let it be one................please dont such topics which lead to a fight or other things..............................& if u can start such topics then remember........U ALSO HAVE GOT A RELIGION.....we can also Start such threads...............but then there will be no difference between u & us!!!!

Stop reading my posts if they make any sense. It is not necessary to poke your nose in every thing.

P.S. This thread was for Pakistanis.

I agree with you completely.. the forum should be for defense related threads and the other threads should address topics that are relevant rather than dragging each others faith in it. There are also atheists like me in this thread. i have no interest in knowing more about Christianity, Hinduism , Islam etc . There are other forums to discuss that i guess.

Back
Top Bottom