What's new

Did the Potohar Plateau always produce more horses than combined Rajputana,Kathiawar,Mewar regions?

Ahwamedh Yajna karna hain isliye... Dhoondh raha hoon..Kaunsa breed sabsay zyaada auspicious rahega :D

My contention was that more time shall be given to research on current breeds of "donkeys", in subcontinent, and their impact on the present day affairs of this region. You would probably agree that our region is replete with "donkeys", of different varieties.:lol:

My contention was that more time shall be given to research on current breeds of "donkeys", in subcontinent, and their impact on the present day affairs of this region. You would probably agree that our region is replete with "donkeys", of different varieties.:lol:

Indvidual geniuses from the subcontinent have to claim their glory in other fields I suppose..Politics is a cursed field. I was under the illusion that it may have improved..but sadly not..the subcontinent will only be a source for individual genius. Collective ascension is a blessing that History may altogether deny us

I suspect.. I even entertain a hope that you might come to Crack the Code of HumanBlueprint...

Here an input for you.... Akhal Tekke is all in our horse breeds... blood varries from region to region. We also have/had Baluchi horse... another varriation... but now it is mostly in Persian occupied Balochistan....

Your thesis of reverse invasion by the people of Punjab is only half ...unless, as I pointed a marker earlier... have to take into account disease, economic and socio-political conditions as well... Same as invasion from the Turkic tribes downwards...

Otherwise, your innate dislike of muslims/invaders will cloud your 'study' or processing of PSTD... even for a Bangali who wasn't affected by this process which has been going on for millenia....

Anyhow, I do admire your orginal attempt at developing a framework instead being mindless poster. Keep up the good work!

Thanks for the input ..When I do comeback . in december I will chart the evolution of the identity of the NorthWestern part of the subcontinent....from starting as India along with Gangetic valley, to slowly drifting apart in terms of Vedic traditions, to weakening of Vedic religiosity and embracing of Buddhism, to finally Islamification

(Arrian's Indica which is basically a copy of Megasthene's account state that India by the time of Greek contact was actually the country with Indus river as its western border,the himalayas as northern border,the promontory of the Himalayas meeting the sea as eastern border, and the great ocean as the southern border)

I will contend that Buddhism, if its not of the Theravada or vajrayana variety, actually fosters only weak religiosity with more emphasis on simple folk deities..This of course aids the monotheistic religions or even communism to just sweep in and completely erase the older identity...as evidenced by Christianozation of Korea in mere 50-60 years..or complete supplantation of Buddhism by State Shinto in Japan in a matter of a decade..

But that still leaves out the presence of 15 percent Hindus in modern West Punjab in 1941

I will definitely research more on the Baluchi horse,would try to keep my "PTSD" out of the way, research the other factors that you mentioned...but then again I am only human, and we are prisoners to our own prejudices, even unwillingly so

Lolz 50 percent of my ancestors are Khatris..and Khatris are on the eastern side of the border only...

If by adivaasi blood you mean AASI (Ancient Ancestral South Indian) blood then everybody in the subcontinent has it in small or big doses...it's just some fail the look test and some don't...

I am more of an amateur ethnographer of the subcontinent, uncovering lost loves and forgotten glories

We can still have and maintain that corporate market. All you need to do is embrace the scions of Indus and their values

Balle jawana am too from kharian and kharian is not part off Potohar you are lucky you should be proud kharian speaks the most elegant and purest form off Punjabi
Im not from Panjab or Kharian. My father was posted there when I was born at CMH Kharian, those bastards at the CMH ruined by mothers life with a botched operations and blood transfusions (contaminated blood).

She had to have 3 operations after that and her health never really recovered.

Array Bhai: Kyun ghorhon kay peechay parh gaye ho?:lol:

Hon Sir,

One of the reasons for "Ghorhon kay peechay parhna" is that often horse-mounted soldier (cavalry)
has dictated the outcome of a battle. Except for the Romans; where an infantry ‘Legion’ was the Queen of the battle; cavalry has played a crucial role in warfare.

This is primarily because the horse not only provides a height & speed advantage, a mounted soldier is able to carry more weapons such as a lance, a sword/saber, a war hammer as well as a bow, primarily because the weapons can be carried on the horse allowing the rider to choose whatever would be best suited for a war situation.

Besides, the cavalry not only acts as eyes as ears (Scouting & reconnaissance), it also enables the soldiers to move swiftly for enveloping maneuvers. Since mounted soldiers are more mobile; Mongols & Huns could cover as much as 160 KM in one day, and surprise the enemy.

One of the reasons for the success of Mongol & Huns against other armies was the fact that they could not only shoot at full gallop, but also drank mares milk and in an emergency, could rely on the horse meat as food. That is why each soldier was supposed to carry 3 to 4 horses.

We all know that the fate of the nation/country is made/changed when one nation conquers or is conquered by another. Since having a good cavalry can influence the outcome of the battle; discussion about horses should not be treated as a frivolous exercise.

Hon Sir,

One of the reasons for "Ghorhon kay peechay parhna" is that often horse-mounted soldier (cavalry)
has dictated the outcome of a battle. Except for the Romans; where an infantry ‘Legion’ was the Queen of the battle; cavalry has played a crucial role in warfare.

This is primarily because the horse not only provides a height & speed advantage, a mounted soldier is able to carry more weapons such as a lance, a sword/saber, a war hammer as well as a bow, primarily because the weapons can be carried on the horse allowing the rider to choose whatever would be best suited for a war situation.

Besides, the cavalry not only acts as eyes as ears (Scouting & reconnaissance), it also enables the soldiers to move swiftly for enveloping maneuvers. Since mounted soldiers are more mobile; Mongols & Huns could cover as much as 160 KM in one day, and surprise the enemy.

One of the reasons for the success of Mongol & Huns against other armies was the fact that they could not only shoot at full gallop, but also drank mares milk and in an emergency, could rely on the horse meat as food. That is why each soldier was supposed to carry 3 to 4 horses.

We all know that the fate of the nation/country is made/changed when one nation conquers or is conquered by another. Since having a good cavalry can influence the outcome of the battle; discussion about horses should not be treated as a frivolous exercise.

Thanks, for your very educating reply.

I wanted to contribute to this thread but somehow it skipped my mind, potohar was once the seat of power of my family. There is mention of cattle farming, horse breeding in our family archives frankly I never checked from this perspective.

Nonetheless potohar has been a very unfortunate area every robber, brigand, murderer, rapist who was ousted by his people or ran away due to threat of death and prosecution our west came east and the riches of this area, fertile lands, abundance of grazing grounds, water motivated them to bring more of their kind along so started the continuous onslaught on the then india. Potohar was the first established settlement starting from Alexander to the mughals armies moved through this area which was attacked and plundered many times. Eventually my family shifted its capital elsewhere.

Nonetheless due to continuous onslaughts and move of royal house practically destroyed this area, its history, its records and architecture. Only few remain like Gulyana, Malot, remnants of Katas.

Things may have changed by now but during my days in Pakistan (up to 1976); a majority of the recruits for the Pakistan army came from the three Pothwari districts, Campbelpur (Attock), Rawalpindi & Jhelum. Therefore even though over the centuries brigands & cutthroats may have gravitated to the Potohar region; it is was until recently the sword-wielding arm of Punjab.

Rajputs never were really reconciled till Akbar...so they were at war with almost everybody who sat at delhi...even in Sindh Soomra Rajpouts were deposed by Mongolic/Turkic Arghuns...I mean the exploits of the Rajputs are way more famous in india than those of Marathas,Vijaynagara Nayaks etc, even though the Rajputs never reigned over that much landmass
Well dear,Its easy to explain,,,,,wadde wadde bol,,,,batein karoro ki dukan pakoro ki.
Reconciled till akbar,,,,,u make it sound like akbar was someone way down the lineage in mongoloid turkic invader dynasty,,,whereas he was the third,,,basically the "brave" ppl bartered there daughter for power n survival.
But as usual continued to talk big n as a result,,,like u said,,r famous for thr "bravery"

Well dear,Its easy to explain,,,,,wadde wadde bol,,,,batein karoro ki dukan pakoro ki.
Reconciled till akbar,,,,,u make it sound like akbar was someone way down the lineage in mongoloid turkic invader dynasty,,,whereas he was the third,,,basically the "brave" ppl bartered there daughter for power n survival.
But as usual continued to talk big n as a result,,,like u said,,r famous for thr "bravery"

not all did though...Maharana Singh Pratap being the prime example...anyways what happened to Rajputs after the 16th century? Did they ever go to war againt any Islamic power after that?

not all did though...Maharana Singh Pratap being the prime example...anyways what happened to Rajputs after the 16th century? Did they ever go to war againt any Islamic power after that?
Yaa selling daughters to invaders wasnt a widespread thing,,im glad of tht.(perhaps some shame was left)
Btw its u ,,,who said rajputs r made out more thn they r,,,,i just agreed wid u,n gave u my perspective.
Most of thm just managed to survive after some initial puny resistance.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom