What's new

Did I Say Pakistani? I meant Indian - Dr Sabreena Razaq Hussain

There is no such thing as an indian or pakistani who lives abroad. There is only brown. You just have to convince them that you are either mexican brown or indian brown. Indian brown entails all the south east asian's even nepalis and srilankans. The Nepali I knew had a tough time cause he was way too fair and looked nepali. Because of him most white people thought nepal is a province in China.

Like there is no Korean, Thai, Japanese, its only Chinese, all of them!

This actually is our fault. We are the one's responsible for getting our identity known and differentiated. The non-Chinese Asian people take offense at being called Chinese. But for the brownies, Indians are called Pakistanis and Pakistanis are called Indian, and the respective brownie just wears a huge smile and nodes away drooling at the white man/woman.

Just for the bolded part below:

Pakistan’s ‘shame’: Rape cases in 2012 – The Express Tribune

Rape happens everywhere some get reported some don't. Infact I read a British article where almost 1 out of 10 women were being raped or sexually molested. However, bombing REGULLARLY happens in a few specific country. Now don't ask me which countries they are.

Bombing USED to happen REGULARLY in Ireland and Srilanka as well. Selective memory is what most people suffer from. The worst of it is that the selectively choosing what I said instead of reading the very next line that I wrote. Do not worry, I wont ask you anything.

Just for the bolded part below:

Pakistan’s ‘shame’: Rape cases in 2012 – The Express Tribune

Rape happens everywhere some get reported some don't. Infact I read a British article where almost 1 out of 10 women were being raped or sexually molested. However, bombing REGULLARLY happens in a few specific country. Now don't ask me which countries they are.

Just to clarify the specificity of the problem in India, there aren't many countries or places in the world where a woman would fear stepping outside for the fear of being groped a dozen times before reaching back. Just like bombs go off and have been going off almost everywhere in the world since long before Pakistanis knew what a suicide bomber was.

I will politely disagree with your statement and provide some facts. As per Bomb blasts in Pakistan 2013 this report till 15th September 2013, 652 bomb blasts have already occurred in Pakistan 1310 deaths and 3183 injuries, which compared to whole of 2012 as per Bomb blasts in Pakistan 2012 is an increase of more than 15% casualty and yet a quarter of year yet has to pass. The last bombing done in Ireland were in 2001 with only 2 bomb blasts in the whole year with ZERO casualty List of bombings during the Northern Ireland Troubles and peace process - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia and I could not find a single report of a bomb blast in Sri Lanka 2013. So your statement above (which I bolded) is completely wrong. I myself don't like the fact that Pakistan is getting bombed almost every day but that's the fact and you and I can't deny. I read the whole text before responding to a selective text because it was not expected out of a Jr. Think tank to blame a whole country for rape only when similar things are faced in their own country.

Bombing USED to happen REGULARLY in Ireland and Srilanka as well. Selective memory is what most people suffer from. The worst of it is that the selectively choosing what I said instead of reading the very next line that I wrote. Do not worry, I wont ask you anything.

A very interesting piece.

I myself have never met someone with Pakistani origin who has denied his Pakistani roots or/and said that they are from India or another country, but it is still possible that such things happen. In todays world, we the younger generation are often open to questions on what and why and debate and many people also once in their life suffer from an identity crisis. This is not usual, but common for people with all backgrounds and not limited to one.

I have met people who are embarrased of their roots and their background to various reasons and often personal reaons, but they have never denied being of Pakistani origin. The only thing is those Pakistani restaurants which goes under the brand of Indian food lol, but thats probably since Indian food has become quite mainstream now so looking from a business point of view/perspective that sounds more beneficial.

Back
Top Bottom