What's new

DHA Phase-IV welcome to DHAistan

GOLD is a national resource,
and even when a few kilograms of Gold move, everyone knows about it.
that includes from north to south of the planet.

so, none of that is true, or at least over exaggerated.

No one can smuggle gold in, unless it is purchased by the smugglers from those who produce the gold.
and it is absolutely nonsense that such huge amounts are purchased without any tracing.
Gold is a currency of intrinsic value and if not tracked is a major contributor to the black economy.

Gold is smuggled into Pakistan via Afghanistan and other modes. Same is the case when it goes out.

The documented import and export of Gold is a tiny bit of the actual amount.

Take this scenario, gold purchased from Dubai, ending up in Afghanistan by air, and then off to Pakistan via multiple consignments through the border and vice versa. A few thousand kgs change hands on a monthly basis and that is an understatement. Everyone involved in the supply chain get their due share.

When barrels of oil can change hands on the Iran Pakistan border, what is gold?

According to Adil Raja the two most lucrative postings for army officers are Karachi and Quetta. We know about Karachi but Quetta is because of smuggling of petrol from Iran.

Army officers have their own tankers. They buy oil from Iran very cheaply and then sell it in Karachi for ten times the price.

Everyone knows what’s going on but the top brass look the other way.

According to Adil Raja the two most lucrative postings for army officers are Karachi and Quetta. We know about Karachi but Quetta is because of smuggling of petrol from Iran.

Army officers have their own tankers. They buy oil from Iran very cheaply and then sell it in Karachi for ten times the price.

Oil tanker business is a lucrative business.

So is water tanker business in DHA karachi. That area has virtually no water pipelines, so people have to resort to water tanker trucks. Imagine the price of those residential houses and the amenities you get. You don’t need to be a rocket scientist to figure out who owns the business.

Hmm... I thought I was the only aggressive one in the forum. Lol.
There is aggressiveness and there is nuance. There are majority uniformed ones who take advantage of these schemes within their “legal” parameters and don’t engage in collusion or corruption - so whatever the system is offering them they take it but don’t abuse it(system’s own abuse notwithstanding). Those people for the worth of themselves, as humans and as Pakistanis don’t deserve ire or hatred and command the same respect as any other hardworking professional in Pakistan. I will continue to cherish and defend them as much as I can without conflicting with my need to highlight the colonial level implementation of the military institutions in Pakistan and the institutional memory that has taken colonial mindset to unfortunately groom successive generations to continue the malaise planted during Ayub Khan’s time and reinforced with concrete during Zai-ul-Haq’s regime.

Those people for the worth of themselves, as humans and as Pakistanis don’t deserve ire or hatred and command the same respect as any other hardworking professional in Pakistan.

This distinction is fast diminishing in society now, and that is dangerous.

Haider Mehdi did some investigation to find out the number of plots army officers get. This is the list, as much as I could get from his video.

They start getting free plots in various DHA's from the time they reach the rank of major. Then they get more as they rise in rank. They also get homes at steep discounts. When an officer is promoted to lieutenant general they get a plot in every DHA in the country.

Prices vary in each city, but maybe an average would be US $400,000 per plot. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong. Someone can post a list of prices in various cities if they like.

1 kanal = 605 sq. yd.

RankYrs of serviceFree plotsHomesTotal plotsTotal homes
Second lieutenant
Lieutenant
Captain
Major151 kanal DHA3-bed apt11
Lieutenant colonel231 kanal DHA21
Colonel1 kanal DHASemi-det32
Brigadier32
Major general4 x 1 kanal DHA Comm plot?72
Lieutenant general8-9 in all DHA?15-16
General
Field marshal
Army Chief80 acres urban

Gold is a currency of intrinsic value and if not tracked is a major contributor to the black economy.

Gold is smuggled into Pakistan via Afghanistan and other modes. Same is the case when it goes out.

The documented import and export of Gold is a tiny bit of the actual amount.

Take this scenario, gold purchased from Dubai, ending up in Afghanistan by air, and then off to Pakistan via multiple consignments through the border and vice versa. A few thousand kgs change hands on a monthly basis and that is an understatement. Everyone involved in the supply chain get their due share.

You can buy it at:
Using
(e)Check/WireCryptoCard/PayPal

Gold production world over is monitored by and controlled very carefully.
Just like the flow of dollars ( there is a reason why notes have serial numbers).

It is absolutely not possible to purchase such large amounts ( even in small amounts ) and not get monitored in the US radar.

Lastly, please understand we are talking about bullion, the 24 carat stuff.
Dubai price is actually a little higher than ours for 22 carat, as Pakistan uses 21 carat for jewellery.

Anyway, Ive done this long enough...

Plus how were they able to acquire these lands pennies on the dollar?
They pay as percentage of salary.
Works great. They retire financially self sufficient .
I like what Fauji foundation does for the Military.
Other institutions should follow suit and work same way for welfare of their people.

Gold production world over is monitored by and controlled very carefully.
Just like the flow of dollars ( there is a reason why notes have serial numbers).

It is absolutely not possible to purchase such large amounts ( even in small amounts ) and not get monitored in the US radar.

Lastly, please understand we are talking about bullion, the 24 carat stuff.
Dubai price is actually a little higher than ours for 22 carat, as Pakistan uses 21 carat for jewellery.

Anyway, Ive done this long enough...

There is a sprawling trade of bullion, the 24 k, 99.9%+ gold. Some undocumented. Most large refineries are properly audited.

Dubai price and Pakistan’s price fluctuates. Some days Dubai is cheaper and sometimes the opposite.

Not a single person entity does this. Multiple traders import Gold (bullion) into Afghanistan and onwards into Pakistan through multiple consignments. And vice versa.

Anyways to each his own.

Maybe these guys are right to interfere in the economy lol. Pakistan if it was a normal country, its gdp would be 1.5 trillion dollars.

Haider Mehdi did some investigation to find out the number of plots army officers get. This is the list, as much as I could get from his video.

They start getting free plots in various DHA's from the time they reach the rank of major. Then they get more as they rise in rank. They also get homes at steep discounts. When an officer is promoted to lieutenant general they get a plot in every DHA in the country.

Prices vary in each city, but maybe an average would be US $400,000 per plot. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong. Someone can post a list of prices in various cities if they like.

1 kanal = 605 sq. yd.

RankYrs of serviceFree plotsHomesTotal plotsTotal homes
Second lieutenant
Lieutenant
Captain
Major151 kanal DHA3-bed apt11
Lieutenant colonel231 kanal DHA21
Colonel1 kanal DHASemi-det32
Brigadier32
Major general4 x 1 kanal DHA Comm plot?72
Lieutenant general8-9 in all DHA?15-16
General
Field marshal
Army Chief80 acres urban

$400,000 per major?? That sounds insane and most likely wildly exaggerated cos that would mean virtually every major would be millionaire by such standards anywhere in the world let alone Pakistan. In India, Indian Army major gets roughly 15-16 Lakh/Yr or roughly $20k/yr, it would take them more than 50 yr to afford such luxury!!

$400,000 per major?? That sounds insane and most likely wildly exaggerated cos that would mean virtually every major would be millionaire by such standards anywhere in the world let alone Pakistan. In India, Indian Army major gets roughly 15-16 Lakh/Yr or roughly $20k/yr, it would take them more than 50 yr to afford such luxury!!

I looked up prices. With the Pakistani rupee falling like a brick the US dollar price of plots is going down. I would say that today DHA plots of 1 kanal are priced in the range of US $100,000 - $200,000. (Rs 2.5 - 5.5 crore). DHA Karachi has the highest prices.

They would have been worth double that only a couple of years ago when the rupee was worth more.

Even with the lower rupee, once someone becomes a general they have seven or more plots and they’re US dollar millionaires.

Let’s hope there is a property crash in Pakistan.

Atleast then the money can flow out of properties and into productive investments.

Back
Top Bottom