What's new

Delhi Commonwealth Games could be new Munich massacre, says Oz Olympic legend

Break the Silence

Reaction score
2010-08-19 11:20:00

Australian Olympic legend Dawn Fraser has urged international athletes to boycott the Delhi Commonwealth Games saying that the organisers may not be equipped to prevent a repeat of the 1972 Munich Olympics massacre.

During the 1972 Olympics, members of the Israeli team were taken hostage and eventually murdered by Palestinian terrorist group 'Black September'.

By the end of the ordeal, the terrorists had killed 11 Israeli athletes and coaches and one West German police officer. Five of the eight members of Black September were killed by police officers during a failed rescue attempt.

Fraser has also spoken of her concerns regarding sanitation and even the quality of food available to Australian athletes in the Indian capital.

"The Indians are telling us that security will be right. But they've also been telling us for months that their stadiums are ready to go too and, quite obviously, they're not. Yet they're still expecting everyone to trust them and turn up when they say it's all going to be OK," The Daily Telegraph quoted Fraser, as saying.

"So what else are they keeping secret? Where is the food coming from? How is the sanitation? I know Australia has never boycotted a Commonwealth or Olympic Games, but we're simply being told too many lies."

"I would hate to see another Munich, but with things getting worse and worse, I have grave concerns. Can they prevent it?" she added.

Sprint legend Raelene Boyle, who won two Olympic silver medals in Munich, supported the boycott calls, and said that New Delhi should never have been awarded the mega event.

"That's the bottom line, but who do you hold to ransom? Regarding security, it certainly provides a precarious situation so it's really up to individuals whether they go. But they're young athletes who wait their whole lives for this - they'll go," Boyle said.

However, Australian Commonwealth Games Association (ACGA) Chief Executive Perry Crosswhite insisted that India would get ready for the Games on time.

"Everyone knows construction is behind, but we believe the Indians will get there and will hold a good Games. As for security, if it's not at the highest acceptable levels Australia won't be going," Crosswhite said.To suggest otherwise is to accuse us of being irresponsible and we're not. We've got a lot of people working on this and right now we believe the appropriate security is in place. It's time someone provided a balanced view, gave us a fair go and gave the Indians a fair go," he added. (ANI)

Delhi Commonwealth Games could be new Munich massacre, says Oz Olympic legend

How it's related to India Defense section???????

There are many idiots in the world if someone from them speaks crap we should not circulate it.

Also, its a fact Britishers and ausses are jealous of India as our neighbor.

DAWN FRASER IS ONE OF THOSE IDIOTS SUFFERING FROM THE POPULARITY SYNDROME, IDIOTS LIKE HIM WILL SAY ANYTHING TO BE IN LIMELIGHT. I BET WE WILL HAVE MORE SOLDIERS THAN PLAYERS

DAWN FRASER IS ONE OF THOSE IDIOTS SUFFERING FROM THE POPULARITY SYNDROME, IDIOTS LIKE HIM WILL SAY ANYTHING TO BE IN LIMELIGHT. I BET WE WILL HAVE MORE SOLDIERS THAN PLAYERS
He will get few interviews, get some money and then say, I trust Indian's are best...

Money mongers...

There's nothing to get angry in this. I agree that boycott is a stupid move and is typical of Australians who're known for their "love" for Indian race. But what the guy is saying is practical and something that we know our stupid babus are incapable of undoing.

Think about it for once: 26/11 has happened when there was not fancy event going on. 200+ people were simply massacred by a bunch of p*** who had no sense of humanity of brains to think that the people they've killed are also someone's kids and someone's parents. These b@$t@*ds took the entire country for ransom for 3 whole days and cause a tremendous embarrassment.

After the sealing of border with Pakistan and the vigil maintained by BSF, terrorists are getting desperate to "bleed us with a thousand cuts". The border is guarded well and this exasperation of being unable to strike J&K is causing them to explore other options since conventional war would mean a doomsday for them.

CWG is the PERFECT excuse after the kind of embarassment the government of Delhi courtesy the mis-management and ignorance of Smt. Sheila Dikshit and her bunch of lazy and corrupt sarkari chums. The venues are barely ready with around 45 days remaining for the deadline.

Naturally with all this in news, the terrorists are aware how pathetic the security settings be. GUYS A MINI-MUNICH MASSACRE HAS ALREADY OCCURED IN INDIA. Along with 175+ Indians, 6-9 Jews have been massacred brutally by these jihadi terrorists and there's absolutely no need for us to go all nationalistic here. We acted like IDIOTS courtesy our Soft-on-Terror government at the centre for which we've already suffered enough embarrassment.

Rather this article should be taken seriously and all domestic intelligence units and forces should be on Red Alert to avoid any mishap here. And since you know that our neighbourhood isn't exactly anymore a hotspot for sports any longer, the attack on such a big event is TO BE EXPECTED.

I request my fellow Indians to think over this article from this practical and realistic perspective.

we should have all commandos presents in CWG..like garud,black commandos..etc..and also RAW agents pretending as civilians and guard the CWG

we should have all commandos presents in CWG..like garud,black commandos..etc..and also RAW agents pretending as civilians and guard the CWG

Those commandos have other jobs to do some thing lie the Force one Mumbai has will be enough:cheers:

hope that retard reads this

http://indiatoday.intoday.in/site/Story/63301/Sports/3-tier+security+for+CWG+2010.html

3-tier security for CWG 2010

Gun totting elite NSG commandos, 300 ambulances and over 500
beds will be kept ready round the clock to deal with any terror situation or other emergency during the fortnight-long Commonwealth Games next year.

This was decided on the first day of the conference of security liaison officers of Commonwealth countries and representatives of Commonwealth Games Associations (CGAs).

During the meeting, Minister of State for Home Ajay Maken, Union Home Secretary G K Pillai and Chairman of the Organising Committee of Commonwealth Games Suresh Kalmadi told 76 delegates from 26 participating countries that the Centre was committed to making the game a big success.

"As part of the overall plan, security is of paramount importance and the Ministry of Home Affairs is fully geared up to make these games free from any security related incidents," Maken said.

During the presentation, the Indian side informed security experts from Britain, Australia, New Zealand, Canada and others participating nations, that there was no specific terror threat to the games in which 8,000 athletes of 72 countries will participate and over 1,00,000 spectators are likely to turn up.

The meeting discussed issues like crowd control, routes of the athletes from games village to venues, VIP visit arrangements, security at the entry and exit points and preparedness during emergency situations besides medical facilities at each venue.

The Indian side informed the delegates that besides keeping Delhi safe in the run up to the Games, the entire country will also be kept secure from any act of terror or major law and order incident.

Directors General of Police of different states have also been sensitized to ensure a safe and secure environment.

The delegates were assured that as far as security is concerned, there would be no dearth of resources and manpower.

Latest technology and best people will be put for the event.

Sources said officials of the Home Ministry and Delhi Police answered all queries of the international security experts and they appeared to be pleased with the replies.

The delegates will be taken on a conducted tour to some of the Games venues today so that they can have first hand experience on the preparations.

The Home Ministry officials asked security experts to give their inputs, if any, so that it could be incorporated, if necessary, in the final security plan which is likely to be three-tier.

Over 2,000 close-circuit television cameras will keep a watchful eye on the happenings in the city and keep sending live images to a state-of-the-art police control room, being set up at the police headquarters here.

Government will ensure that no country will be pulled out of the games citing security threat as the reason.

Heads of Missions of 52 Commonwealth countries were given a detailed briefing about the three-tier security arrangements for the Commonwealth Games at a meeting on September 9.

reading this article i think india should rethink its security only for australian athletics:

I am not at all suprised.Australia has been critical of th CWG from the very beginning.They even tried to get the games shifted to Melbourne.

Gun totting elite NSG commandos, 300 ambulances and over 500
beds will be kept ready round the clock to deal with any terror situation or other emergency during the fortnight-long Commonwealth Games next year.

This IS what the people in government are doing wrong again and again! Rather than arming an overt force with military grade weapons and alerting potential terrorists pretending to be spectators for the event, The authorities should concentrate more on covert arming.

Have "helpers" (commandos in disguise) carrying compact and concealable weapons like small SMGs (MSMC and Uzi are examples), pretending to be volunteers around with a friendly attitude. Arm the security with medium level automatic weapons so as to show the obvious overt security measures that have to be taken. This would be far more effective than the rude and aggressive armed to teeth obvious commandos who the terrorists know how to avoid in a massive crowd like 1,00,000 people. This is how the Shin Bet is known to work and has generated astounding results.

During the presentation, the Indian side informed security experts from Britain, Australia, New Zealand, Canada and others participating nations, that there was no specific terror threat to the games in which 8,000 athletes of 72 countries will participate and over 1,00,000 spectators are likely to turn up.

On the contrary, it is going to be just its opposite. Not being able to host a single games tournament of international proportions on its soil due to security concerns, radicals in our dear neighbourhood will definitely come up with something big. I pray this never happens but we should be expecting and be ready to tackle.

How it's related to India Defense section???????

well, friends,its depend on person to person,how he or she defines "Defence". Yes, I would have been post it into Cwg thread i.e. already running ,but as it included some concerns regarding security threat in CWG, I've posted it in India defence.
@ Topic.
EVEN USA, the superpower is not 100% safe, how can we assure of CWG, New DELHI, and it is India,a usual destination for terrorist attacks.
I hope GOI will take every possible pre-cautions.
Regards,

Those 60 or 90 whatever the figure was trucks full of explosive still missing in India can do wonders or to say can take you anyone by surprise.

So look out CWGs are indeed at risk of terrorist attack specially amid reports that many local insurgent groups are looking for opportunity to hit

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom