What's new

Defence.pk hit by DoS attacks after GoI list leak

Status
Not open for further replies.
Site is blocked in mainland only .. lots of Indian PDFers migrated to Andamans and Lakshadeep Islands, hence posting unblocked, uncensored, unadulterated pdfism 24X7.

never imagined indians to be this low on their lives

[:::~Spartacus~:::];3341965 said:
if you used mobile then it must have mentioned here at the bottom :azn:

Only if he came thru the mobile version of the site.. and you can use proxies in mobiles too...

I hope you find the wisdom in my words for your own sake. You will live a more satisfied life knowing you always supported doing the right thing.
I stand for what i think is right.And in present situation though GOI woke up late after messing up the whole issue i think present steps are in right direction.I would be the first one to call out if after this GOI leaves it work incomplete ie not going for long term solutions.And at personal level im already blessed by God to have that satisfied life asking more from him will be like being selfish.

Many don't appreciate how complicated a task it is to run a forum this large and with such a diverse population. Everyone from Pakistanis to Indians to Chinese feel slighted when one of their queries goes unanswered, totally ignoring the genuine effort put forth by the management. Unless there is a massive moderation team online at all times, something's are invariably missed.

The diversity of opinion itself is a curse; trying to moderate threads where two opposing sides proclaim differing opinions with equal conviction is a tough task indeed. Most of us simply don't appreciate the moral quandary often faced by management. There are mistakes, but they are acknowledged as such and there is a certain amount of oversight and it is a result of the rapid growth of the forum; but what I have a hard time questioning is the intentions of the management. They have accomplished much in creating a forum open to all nationalities, further progress is simply a product of more time.

I find it incredibly impressive that Asim and Xeric are answering to criticism that they could just as easily ignore; holding one's self accountable isn't easy and a certain amount of leeway must be provided to these guys to take this forum forward. Simply my opinion.

As was the case when Pakistan requested FB to restrict access to those blasphemous pages. FB complied, twitter didnt and only then twitter was briefly censored.

Oh BTW, the orders to restrict access to blasphemous content were based on Court Orders unlike the case here, which most websites (including FB and Twitter) as a policy agrees to comply with.

Later Twitter also gave the following statement: "it's Twitter's policy is to comply with local court orders regarding content, but it received no such notice from Pakistan" (a separate debate), but the fact remains that had GOI issued any notice to these websites to remove the 'communally sensitive' content and still if the website didnt comply, the blocking was justified, but that isnt the case now.
Chain of actions follows from govt. blocking sites if some site owner do feel that Govt's action were ileegal they can sure go to court against govt.

I am confused.

If this site is blocked in India then how are Indians still posting here?
No pdf as fer say is not blocked but only those urls on pdf are blocked that goi finds objectionable.

Many don't appreciate how complicated a task it is to run a forum this large and with such a diverse population. Everyone from Pakistanis to Indians to Chinese feel slighted when one of their queries goes unanswered, totally ignoring the genuine effort put forth by the management. Unless there is a massive moderation team online at all times, something's are invariably missed.

The diversity of opinion itself is a curse; trying to moderate threads where two opposing sides proclaim differing opinions with equal conviction is a tough task indeed. Most of us simply don't appreciate the moral quandary often faced by management. There are mistakes, but they are acknowledged as such and there is a certain amount of oversight and it is a result of the rapid growth of the forum; but what I have a hard time questioning is the intentions of the management. They have accomplished much in creating a forum open to all nationalities, further progress is simply a product of more time.

I find it incredibly impressive that Asim and Xeric are answering to criticism that they could just as easily ignore; holding one's self accountable isn't easy and a certain amount of leeway must be provided to these guys to take this forum forward. Simply my opinion.

A very astute one if I may say...

That's an anti complement.. When China praises your censorship, then you know that you are doing something wrong..

why FB page of indianarmyfans is going to be blocked?..how they got linked with burma muslims :(

its grp of 6 lakh +
IA hurts northeast,kashmir maoist sentiments so they are blocked....:tongue:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom